1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy Vacuum. And Infamy Seasons.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 7 May 2018.

1. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Ok so here’s the problem. Nightmare League is the only balanced season going because of people getting reset back to 4000.

Not the same in any other league. I finished Ace I with 3750. And now that’s my infamy high for the next season too. This is unfair because it doesn’t give people, or anyone true competition. Please fix.

The other thing that someone else mentioned in a previous thread, was that this game is a Vacuum. All the infamy that Nightmare Players gain, gets deleted every season.

So this is where we can use the badges in this game. Right now badges are flashy things you get every battle and they don’t mean a thing.
    But what if they contributed to the whole idea of making this game more personal progression.

Get badges and you earn infamy for that battle. Now we can create infamy, people who rise can now rise in the leagues faster, aaaaaand, no more vacuum fear.
    Fix this please.

@The Grim Repair

Last edited: 7 May 2018
  2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Don’t comment yet please, made a mistake by posting, give me time to edit. Clicked wrong button.

-HARPO!

Blueee likes this.
  3. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Ok done, comment away.

But most of all...

LIKE!!! :D:D:D

Blueee likes this.
  4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Done:D:D

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    I agree. The game is currently a vacuum for NM players, who no matter how hard they work, their progress gets deleted. So, many people get bored really soon and just leave. I agree with you on the NM league infamy problem, and also partially on the badges. But, what do you think about this idea:

You can earn badges in game, which would make them like achievements. For example, reach a SB of 5000 infamy (just an example!!!) or kill X amount of people in X time. If you complete it, you get cosmetics, which you can then show off. After all, games are meant to be for showing off (lol JK but it would still be cool and show SOME significance at the very least).

wreck your day, Blueee and HARPO! like this.
  6. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I like it, but what does SB stand for? I’m noob.

7. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    SB = Season Best

8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

This again? Sigh...

There is no "vacuum". Infamy gains and losses in the game are at equilibrium. Infamy is created at the bottom of the ladder and destroyed at the top. In = out. There's no magical effect that sucks infamy out of the game across the board.

The Otherguy and Babablacksheep like this.
  9. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    The problem is that more is being created than going out round the top. Causing a problem as it means it all just builds up and gets bigger and the build up causes infamy chaos. And its spreading all the way down to warrior, where mk5s and mk6s are stuck.

wreck your day and TheFixer27 like this.
  10. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

The fact that mk5 and mk6 are stuck at low infamy has nothing to do with what happens at the top though. I believe they're stuck there because the whole playerbase levels up their ships, so over time, a larger % of players has a higher powered ship, meaning the tail end of those higher powered ships reaches further into low infamy.

They aren't truly stuck, by the way, if they got better at the game they could still rise to Ace 1.

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

so what if every league was reset just like NML? since it works for NML it shld for all other leagues?

HARPO! likes this.