1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Upgrading to MK3 Worth it??

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by CoolDownHSNA, 26 Apr 2018.

?

Is it worth it???

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    Ok guys, just a quick question. Is it worth upgrading from MK2 Speeder to MK3 Speeder as soon as you become level 16? I am asking this, because you only unlock 1 BLUE slot point (like what the heck???) and you lose a lot of your speed. My speed goes from 1.3 to 1.11!! And I only get 200 health (I think) for that. A Speeder needs Speed, not health.

Now I guess you guys can argue ‘just use Turbo god’s sake!!!’ but I really don’t want to. I am currently using Bandages, and I can just zip into a fight, run away, regenerate health and come back! Makes life so much easier. Say you get sniped with a crit and you are on like 200 HP. If you have no Fixer, then you are stuffed, but with Bandages, it’s a different story!!

The only reason why MK3 is even useful is if you want to use Big Shield. Now, that brings me to my second question. I have an Epic T1 Big Shield. Should I use it instead of Bandages/Turbo if I do upgrade to MK3 today?? (one hour left at time of writing!!!!) Why should I use it? Pls answer ALL my questions if possible (only three!!!)

2. smooshybeann02

smooshybeann02 New Member

If you use bandages as your blue slot option you probably shouldn't upgrade to mk 3 right away because you will be losing speed for some extra health.
    If you use a turbo, go ahead and upgrade to mk 3, but only if your ship's speed will either be greater or remain the same after upgrading, (basically if your turbo is at a good level). Honestly I prefer using the turbo, because it makes it easier to dodge projectiles and run out of battles (which means you won't be getting damaged much to begin with). Also because my bandages suck.
    I would definitely not use a big shield in exchange for a bandage or turbo because being a fast speeder is better than a tanky speeder.
    So either use a bandage and upgrade later, or use a turbo and upgrade now basically. This is all just my opinion.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  3. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    OK, I just got a striking idea!!! My bandages heal 28 HP per 5 seconds #SadLifeOfNoobsAndSadLifeOfPeopleWhoLostTheirMainAccount☹

So at my level, a match is mainly on average like 3 or 3 and a half minutes. It is time for some maths:

Now, you probably will not get damaged for the first minute. So that is 2 – 2 ½ minutes left. Now, assuming that from now on, you get healed by bandages every 5 seconds:

2 mins = 120 secs

2 ½ mins = 150 secs

120/5 = 24

150/5 = 30

24*28 = 672 HP healed

30*28 = 840 HP healed

What about 4 or 5 minute matches??

48*28 = 1344 HP healed

60*28 = 1680 HP healed

So, the max amount healed in average time is 672 – 840 HP healed and the max amount healed is 1680 per match. This is highly unlikely in both cases, as you won’t regenerate health every 5 seconds, as you may have a Fixer etc. So the average would be like 500 – 650 HP and the max amount would realistically be like 1300. Now, my big shield has like 500 HP by memory, so Big Shield wouldn’t be a big choice either. But I will still lack the regeneration!!!

My Turbo is uncommon level 20 with uncommon speed perk and my bandages are rare level 10 with rare healing effect perk. Which one is better? Also, it is not like you can dodge A LOT more shots with turbo, you can only dodge a bit more. And if you DO get hit by any chance, maybe you accidently run into a Big Torp or someone has an overlevelled Blast Cannon, you cannot regen health again and you are scarred for the whole match ☹

4. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    Perfect maths right there!!! ;)

5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s been a while since I was in a mk3. Back then, the mk2 only had one weapon, so upgrading was a no-brainier.

You do really notice the speed drop. Without a turbo, you’ll just be fodder for Snipers and Mortars.

It might be worth just sticking with the mk2 for a bit longer, train up as many speed and hp talents as you can, and start working on a Rare Turbo, then cut straight to mk4.

I only had my mk3 for about 3 weeks, so it doesn’t take long to get it out the way. The mk4 is awesome, and gives you a second blue slot, so it’s well worth upgrading to that.

Last edited: 26 Apr 2018
  6. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    Ok thank you for your help mate! This forum really needs people like you who are always willing to help :D

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    This isn’t what the major problem with the speeder boat is. They give you that extra blue slot to add a turbo. However your health’s gonna suck.
    Honestly I think speeders need an extra blue slot earlier on. We keep getting 2/3 of our health taken away from high leveled mk5’s at 1000 and below infamy or people who pay to win. What is the blue slot total number that you have? 2?

If 2 then attach a turbo and a standard shield. You’ll be fast and have health, but be careful because you won’t regen health.

Speeders need an extra blue slot for that our health is too low. @The Grim Repair

8. I Hate Winning

I Hate Winning New Member

Player
    Although you only get one blue slot point, when you get to Mk4, the speeder really starts to take off. Also, if you think about it, you can't think that everytime you upgrade your ship, it'll be a big upgrade. Lastly, when you upgrade to Mk3, the other Mk3 people you play against also get slower, so the ratio between the speeder and the other ships stay the same. I hope this helped your decision, and I think that yes, it is worth it if you like the speeder, and thats the boat you're going to use.

9. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Weak bandages are kind of useless, just use a turbo and a standard mortar and enjoy your infamy rise ;)

10. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

standard mortar?

11. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

No mortar. Point damage weapons and cannons. And if you’re me, mines. But no mortars. Plus, use a bandage, it’s op.

12. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Hmm..... mortarmad.jpg

Fluid Bait likes this.
  13. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

LOL, my bad, standard shield

TheFixer27 likes this.
  14. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

I upgraded to mk3 speeder on my alt account around a month ago, so I could have something useful to say.
    I was running a level 10 rare turbo, and when I upgraded, my speed almost dropped by 0.20 points(I think)!
    So, if I were you, I would wait to get a T2 rare turbo or T1 epic turbo before upgrading(unless you want to be quickly destroyed by mortars and cannons as you would have little speed, like @ViscountSniffit said)

CoolDownHSNA and TheFixer27 like this.
  15. Tristan7

Tristan7 Member

Student
    What exactly are the point damage weapons?

16. Tristan7

Tristan7 Member

Student
    Wait whoa harpo lol didnt notice!

HARPO! likes this.
  17. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Point damage is cannons and railgun. Carronade ish. Anything that hits with no splash damage. Explosion damage is different.

18. Tristan7

Tristan7 Member

Student
    Ok thanks

19. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    They have only one blue slo and 1 slot point
    I can't use both as I only have one slot!!!!

20. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Speeders have been hurt. Badly. We need to see a resurgence of speeders in the bay once again.