1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

long but concise and nicely formatted feedback

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Miathan, 3 May 2018.

Tags:
  1. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

So, I found this on reddit:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So here you go @Zeus :

MATCHMAKING
    • Suggestion to improve new player matchmaking: put them in a matchmaking bubble, where they're only matched up against other new players. This bubble could then break after a certain captain level has been reached (21 perhaps) or after a certain amount of time (the latter to prevent exploiting by not leveling up on purpose). After the bubble breaks, they'd be put into the regular matchmaking.
    • Suggestion to improve guild rivalry matchmaking: create a guild "infamy" that is gained by finishing in places 1,2,3 and lost when finishing in places 4,5,6. This could make rivalry rewards more stable and reduce matchup frustration.
    GUILDS & GUILD QUESTS
    • "Protector" guild quests give too many trophies
    • Fixers are undervalued for guild quests unless they step out of their primary role (fixing), protector quests being completed very quickly only makes this worse because the easier fixer-specific quests are to complete, the lower the need for fixers in a guild becomes. Easiest fix: make fixing count for damage quests again, with a multiplier that could be considered balanced
    • Make a guild info board, where leader and officers can post information for the guild to read
    • Create an option for guild leadership to send a message to all members in a place where it's not so easily pushed away by talk and replay sharing like it is now in guild chat
    • Create better ways for guilds to recruit members and for guildless players to find an appropriate guild. There are many options here, I could make a thread about this point alone.
    • Create a way for guild leadership to see guild member activity, such as a battles played per day statistic or a "last online" time
    • Add the ability for the guild leader to set invite and kick permissions for the officer and member ranks instead of linking it to whether the guild is open or not
    ITEMS
    • There are too many useless perks in the game, like shield defence or all item CD, either remove them to shrink the perk pool or improve them so that they're worth using
    • Put legendary parts in the market, at appropriate cost, rarity and amount
    • I know you know this but I want to list it here still because it's important: blue items are barely a choice, most ships have a fixed "best" combo of blue items that very few players deviate from, make it more interesting
    • Allow 1 or more extra copies of an item to be purchased directly from the shop, but at an increasing price. This is meant to bypass RNG without making it a much easier route.
    • Create a need for power cells beyond the current one, or a way to convert them into something useful
    • Add critical repair perks for Repair Box Launcher
    • Make repair box prioritize the target that needs healing most in case more than one ship is in its radius
    • Add all missing stats to the item window, like critical damage, critical repair and mortar projectile speed
    OTHER
    • The way quests are given needs improvement so that players do not feel punished for leveling up side ships or using them as weapon storage
    • Leagues feel underwhelming and largely pointless, most players never even have a chance at a top spot, I suggest either to change how players are pooled together or to totally rework leagues
    • The report screen could do with an "inappropriate name" category (which could be checked faster than other reports, since name reports take a low amount of time to look at)
    • Make it possible to see friend chat or fleet requests in the post battle screen somehow, so that players don't miss fleet requests when chaining battles
    • Make it possible to pause, skip, fast forward and rewind replays. Perhaps even link a replay that starts at a certain time, much like one can do with YouTube videos
    • Make it possible to share replays to friends chat
    • Remove retrain time, it's annoying and serves no real purpose except to prevent people from activating all care package buffs before claiming one from the shop. This can be fixed in a different way, for example by having the 1 hour time only active on care package tradeoffs or moving care package buffs to a seperate system, for example by giving them to players outside the tree when they reach certain crew levels.
    • If sugar is currently full, make it so that all quests that are obtained give a gold reward
    • Make it possible to see the duration and cost of the next captain upgrade while that captain is currently upgrading
    • Remove inactive players from global and local rankings
    • Improve the rewards for heroic achievements, most are very underwhelming considering the amount of effort and/or luck required to obtain them
    • Allow players multiple crew training setups to switch between, or better yet, make crew training ship-specific so that players can make different choices for each ship
    • Add self healing to the end of battle screen again, but as a seperate stat

These ideas were not all mine. Thanks to everyone in 113 cLuB discord, I picked up some things there. I'd give better credit but frankly I have no idea who said what and can't be bothered to go through hundreds of messages. Special thanks to: @YerJokinArnYer , @What's Up Player , @No Time 2 Battle , @Bar1 , @yellowocean , @Help I Cant Swim , @Babablacksheep

Last edited: 24 May 2018
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

3. R@jith anand

R@jith anand Well-Known Member

4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Great thread. Though I keep getting distracted by the last part of Zeus’s statement and wondering whether it is some sort of double entendres

5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Really great ideas, kudos for putting this together, I support all of them!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  6. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I’ve been punching these ideas in my thread too, you got my support, this stuff does need to happen, and if not in the new update. Then soon.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hats off, mate, good work putting it up on a single thread!

8. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Great post, especially agree about the lack of blue item diversification just because most boats can't perform well if they stray from the meta. Also great suggestion about the newbie matcmaking and fixer guild quests contribution.

9. TheAntiSnipe

10. Miathan

Yes, but that's at low infamy. I ruddered my way to 3300 or so, as fixer. It was only in Ace I, where the real game starts, that I felt forced to swap to the conventional standard shield, because my HP bar was holding me back.

11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Solid thread, kudos! Talent respeccing & Fixer viability for quests would be my main things to look into.
    —-
    I love my Rudder in theory, in practice it falls flat to Turbo and Shields though. But it sure is fun to play Rudder + Nitro speeder.

12. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

now I regret I scrapped my three epic rudders and sold my epic and rare perks

13. TheAntiSnipe

D'awww don't worry you have time until mk6 to get there:)

14. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Agree with everything exept healing counting as damage. That has absolutely no logic. Better way would be to get a guaranteed protector quest and maybe introduce specific healing item quests and have a fixed amount of at least 2 on every board.

15. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

As much as I would like to agree (and I really would as there's not much a fixer can contribute to), depending on the guild, Fixers may well be too short in supply to make it possible to incorporate those additional specific quests. You would have to allow damage to contribute to relieve the pressure on them.

I'd be all for damage contributing to fixer quests if they could reinstate the reverse. It's no different to flare contributing to mortar.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

It makes about as much sense as Cannon damage counting towards a mortar quest. I.e. not very much, but it increases enjoyment of gameplay. What really needs to happen is a rewamp of quests that moved beyond shooter friendly quests dominating the boards. But till then they can atleast make Fixers mediocre!

Miathan and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. NoTzHoNg

NoTzHoNg Active Member

Battle Bay Player
    #Essay

18. NoTzHoNg

NoTzHoNg Active Member

Battle Bay Player
    Like old times
    Maybe for ship upgrading?
    Also guilds

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. NoTzHoNg

NoTzHoNg Active Member

Battle Bay Player
    I have 4 epic overboosts (unused) and 3 epic big shields (also unused). Trading update?
    hAteR: but that wouldn't work because guild leaders would blackmail guildmates!:mad:
    Then add a report function, Reason: Blackmail, screenshots needed

20. Miathan

Well yeah, I'd rather see a different solution than healing counting as damage, but it would be the simplest / lowest dev time fix. I would like to see a guaranteed protector quest too. Specific heal item quests would be a nice bonus, but I think to also guarantee those would be over the top. Just throw them in the pool with specific weapon quests.