1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

To all (Selfish) Fixers and their teammates

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 1 May 2018.

1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

To all teammates of Fixers, try to watch your Fixer at the beginning to see what healing items they have.

Pulses = stay close
    Boxes = come back to heal
    Bolts = don’t weave too much and stay in line of sight
    Tape = use them as bait

To all Fixers, please show us what you have at the beginning. It might seem ridiculous to be popping your healing items off at the start, but some of us do pay attention and adapt our games to what you have.

To Selfish Fixers, try a “Negative Help” at the beginning and then just keep popping your duct tape so people can see it. It’s fine that you are using this setup, but some players might play too aggressive when they think they have heals from a Fixer.

Of course, it would be great to be able to see all of our teammates’ items at the beginning of a match.

Help from Help. ;)

2. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

We need this right now,isn't it?;););)

3. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    +1
    To fixers:
    If you have box, try to let the speeder know, he can come back and get your extras. Also, always have box on cooldown. As soon as it comes off, toss it to an out of the way place close by for later use. It can save your life. For dual Bolt, remind yourself to stay out of sight. If they REALLY need healling, they will come to you. if they don't, try to get them with a bolt, but don't risk running into enemy fire. Better they sink than you. Unless its you and one other friend. Then give them everything.
    To speeders:
    Pay close attention to the fixers items.
    Come back for healing at half health.
    For shooters:
    If you hear a box and you're low health, back up into it (DONT KEEP CHARGING YOU....).
    For enfos:
    You are the best counter vs speeders. Keep an eye out for any trying to take out your fixer.
    For defenders:
    If you start charging and your fixer isn't healing you, somethings wrong, stop if possible.

4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    That hurts:( They think enemy mines are repair boxes and repair boxes are mines
    :(

5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Another thing I might add, is that Speeders get more valuable when there are fewer ships.

I know fixers usually like to focus on tanks and big shooters, while Speeders are usually off doing thier own thing, but towards the end of a game, Speeders deserve more of your attention.

They are good at pressing an advantage, finishing off damaged ships, and can even run away to force a draw (or chase down an unfriend Speeder trying to force a draw). So don’t forget about them.

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Would you value an Enforcer or a Speeder higher?

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

One more thing. RESPECT YOUR VANGUARD. We enforcers are squishy. While you're healbolting your rearguard shooters, think of us enfos with just 3.2k HP, holding down the front line so that no defender breaches through. Help. Us. Your rearguard will be focused less if you heal us regularly. We're good at tagging. Come in for 10 seconds with tesla shield on, deal some damage, get back into cover to heal.

Set up a rhythm with us. When we deal damage, heal someone else. But when we tag out, we take priority. ''kay?

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It would depend upon the situation. If your team is holding a chokepoint, enfo takes priority, since enfo is the vanguard.

If your team is fighting a long range war, and the fixer has low HP, but is out of sight, you need the speeder to make a kamikaze run, and be prepped for emergency healing when he gets back, IF he gets back;)

9. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    As a double bolt fixer I usually heal enforcers more because they stick with the team more. If a speeder is low he can come back for heals, but he is usually out doing speeder stuff. Although sometimes speeders forget to watch their health and I have to desperately shoot a cross-map bolt in an attempt to save them (usually fails :()

ShipCrusherCz and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  10. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

*Biased*
    Definitely speeder if I were a fixer.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  11. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Usually depends on what the teammates have done and you need to sort out which ones need faster/emergency heals and/or more/less heals;)

12. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Boxes are hard to use, I expect my fixer to have a pulse and a bolt... never met a great box fixer, the good ones even, when I come back towards them they throw it at me and the wave dips, and with my turning radius it’s basically a mile away. They work well as a tape though since they crit, usually makes chasing them a b****

13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've seen two tape Fixers so far... one was fast and impossible to catch and kill, effectively using a Speeder's technique of distraction, but more like bait.

The other I don't know WTF they were doing. Started the game, crossed the center of the map, and died immediately. They obviously had neither the HP nor the Speed to scout like that... and having a pulse, haven't a clue why they didn't stick anywhere close to the team. Look, if you are going to bait the enemy, do it AROUND the rest of your team so you get friendly fire support.

14. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

This x100000000000

If you see an enforcer or speeder running back to you, make sure your heal counts!
    As a Mk5 Enfo, I'll always make a beeline for the fixer once I hit half HP, regardless of where they are on the map. Help us to help you!!

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  15. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Tbh, staying reasonably close to your group / fixer and coming back for heals apply to all ships. If I see you break away from the group, move across half the map and then shout "help!", I will make sure not to heal you, if only to make a point.

What's Up Player likes this.
  16. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Uh most people never understand what I mean when I do negative help. Even when I do press all my tapes to show them I am selfish, my teammates always end up spamming help later in the match. It gets annoying. Also many people think that Negative Help is a symbol for saying that I, the fixer don't want help, which is a good thing cause some idiots guard me with their lives and even go with me into the fire, thinking that I will heal them but in the end just killing themselves and losing us the match. Telling them to not help pushes them off my tail.
    In lower down infamies, people don't analyse what their teammates have, they usually just look at enemy items.

17. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    What happens when there is a mine right next to a repair box. Do they take the chance or do they die from enemy fire anyway?

vis1234567899 likes this.
  18. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

I use 2 repair pulses and i was always pressing both pulses so that my team know to stay close ,but they never payed attention , and most of times they all were separated o_O ,so i have stopped playing fixer for about a season in real matches :(

TheFixer27 and The Otherguy like this.
  19. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

If I kill someone while I’m there, can we be friends again? :oops:

Nikkie! and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  20. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Only if you make it back alive!