1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

No wonder.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Crit Jagger, 24 Apr 2018.

1. Crit Jagger

Crit Jagger New Member

I was really surprised as to why i liked this game. I was on my way to quitting League of Legends whe i discovered Battle Bay. I instantly fell in love with it. The competition and all. So i wondered why was i so engrossed with this game and i realized why, once upon a loading screen. When i was a Mk2 Speeder, with 3 Mk3s and a Mk4 on my team. We were facing 3 Mk5s and 2 Mk4s. I realized then and there, it's the amount of fucking salt. The saltiness, stemming from every corner of this game. From unfair illogical matchmaking, the ridiculous RNG percentages on loot, to the retarded bunch Mk5 Shooters that lob Mortars because their precious 6k HP is too important, when they have stronger cannons, and finally forcing us into ladder everytime we play instead of making ladder a choice so we can grind items without fear of losing infamy. The sea water salt oozes from my phone, into my eyes everytime i open this game. You guys have provided me the exact same amount of Salt that League gives but on my mobile phone. Bravo. I love it.

I'm lowkey complaining about how retarded matchmaking is though. The loot RNG is fine.

This letter is titled "Salt"

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Man, from your username to your message... LMAO!

3. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Yes I also liked this game when I started. So did many others and that's why we are here on the forums today.
    Maybe I don't even bother repeating the same message why higher Mk ships are still equal to lower Mk ships in these battles and why the match is fair when everyone's got the same infamy. You can easily find these explanations from the forums. I do understand some of them might be tanking infamy but by doing so they also risk their account and might get banned any time. And these tankers appear on both sides, not only in the enemy team.
    I have no idea what you are talking about here. How is the matchmaking "illogical" or what excactly do you mean by "RNG percentages on loot"? There is a very clear logic how the matchmaking works.
    Mortars might feel powerful at the early game but they are pretty easy to counter. When boats become faster at higher levels, mortars become even more difficult to use and in 1 vs 1 they are almost useless, which is why so little players at the end game use them.
    Why do you fear losing infamy then? You can lose a whole 800 infamy before you start to lose any of your battle rewards.
    Alright. I just happen to have different experience myself.

4. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    1v1 me at baron bro!!1

5. Crit Jagger

Crit Jagger New Member

bro, do u even rift?!
    i deserve challenjour.

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think that’s the idea... the whole game is an ingenious frustration engine. Everything from the suicidal teammates, to the way my target suddenly drifts off, as I’m about to win a 1v1, and then I die instead. It all makes me want to burst a blood vessel in my brain.

But like the old arcade games of yore, you just keep coming back for more!

Better start saving up those quarters...:p

7. Crit Jagger

Crit Jagger New Member

dear lord that has happened to me more than one occasion. Literally, the dude was floating, i was sitting infront of him. I shot both my snipers. The bullets had an animation of hitting him but no damage numbers came out. Then suddenly his boat was fucking sidestepping. Always a good laugh or rage moment. Can't believe i've only played this game for 2 months. I'm only at Mk4 and i've already wanted tk throw my phone about 100 times.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I've actually thrown my phone. Not very hard, but... You get the idea.
    It was subzero, I kamikazed into their fixer, got(get this, dude) 3 KILLS after that. 14k damage IN A SPEEDER. Then I got killed, having taken a LOT of damage. And now it's our team(2 defenders and 2 shooters) versus ONE opponent. ONE.

How they managed to screw that up I have NO idea. Nor do I understand why these dudes managed to miss sniper shots at what was less than even blast cannon range.

They managed to DRAW a 4v1. Amazing. Their speeder was real good tho. His name was all numbers, and the scene was perfectly set for him. Four hostiles with 2k or less HP against this dude with his epic t4 excannon and t5 flare.

I swear to God I have NEVER seen incompetence on that scale before. And I hope I won't, ever again.

9. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Sometimes I try to bring salt therefore (by our logic) making the experience more absorbing but there's like a certain % of emos/friendos/etc that get all melty about it

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  10. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Yes, everything in battle bay is a love hate relationship. I love the concept, and its SO satisfying when everything goes right. But it doesn't take long for my internal salt shaker's lid to pop off and spread bitter salt onto everything I look at.
    It's like another game I'm playing rn, (shadow fight 3). Everything is perfectly designed to make you hate/love the game, and that's how the freemium model works...

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  11. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

oh you will. that may have been a first-time but for sure won't be the last

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I had a game the other day, where I was fighting 2 Fixers and a Shooter, on my own, in quite an isolated part of the map, trying to take at least one of the fixers out of the game.

It’s was hard work, but by keeping one Fixer stunned, and trying to dodge the shooter, I was able to get the other Fixer down to about 10% health (but also myself down to 10% health).

I realised I was probably going to need to break off, so I called out to my team to attack the damaged Fixer. That’s when I realised I’m the only ship left.

Somehow while I was fighting 3v1, and keeping both fixers occupied, they all managed to lose 2v4... -__-

13. Crit Jagger

Crit Jagger New Member

Showhow, my team always says Destroy this guy, destroy that guy. Then shoot a completely different target. As a Speeder i try to provide vision to priority targets, but that usually ends up with them getting destroyed instead. Lol

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.