1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Really? Still nothing?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Potchi, 23 Apr 2018.

1. Potchi

Potchi Member

2-3weeks ago i posted this...
    Screenshot_20180423-224947.jpg
    This was an all mk4 match with 1 mk1 inside...
    And now it happened again...
    Screenshot_20180423-224724.jpg
    This time...mk4-5 match...and they put a single mk1 inside....
    Do u guys even care about ur players????
    No updates on floaters...no updates on matchmaking....keep this up rovio...job well done!!!

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Infamy is the biggest factor in matchmaking, and this MK1 has enough infamy to roll in your team.
    You should be blaming the MK5 players at 300 infamy for skewing the match if anything.

3. Potchi

Potchi Member

i'm not blaming any players actually...although its true that some mk5s float/suicide just to get to lower infamy...some mk5s just really suck or have bad equips so they can't rise in infamy..
    What upsets me is that the game allows for mk5s and mk1s to match up...there should me like a boundary on infamy...
    e.g.
    Mk1 -inf 0-400
    Mk2- inf 401-800
    ...etc.
    Something like that so that matchmaking is somewhat fair

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

If everyone in the match is the same infamy then they are supposed to be equals regardless of boat, gear, or training.

5. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

if all players in a match had the same mk same gear score, it would leave everything down to skill/clutch which in my opinion is much fair-er so maybe rovio u could do something to this extent?

Rez Messing and CoolDownHSNA like this.
  6. envylife

To what end? You get rewards for winning but you lose the only progression number which reflects skill. Gear score matchmaking means any newb can buy epics and legendaries and be battling Ace in a few days as if they belong. That sounds like a Battle Bay that loses it's way.

7. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

sorry im not catching ya
    explain in english plz?:p

8. envylife

Gear score matchmaking can result in far more manipulation than now. Let's say you're captain level 40, main boat has a gear score of 9000, but today you want to win, so you take out your never-upgraded MK1 Defender, equip some commons on it, and destroy noobs for a while. You have a low gear score, but your skill is far greater than someone just starting out. New players get frustrated, and you've now manipulated the system for what many consider unfair game play just for higher rewards. Is this what you want? What does infamy mean at this point, if not used in matchmaking?

Rainbow Warrior and The Otherguy like this.
  9. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

ohhhh... i see... but i still get mk5s (yes im a mk4 ok i guess that part is "fair") but most have t3 epics sometimes t4 and even leggies! so what is the current mm based on?

10. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

I hear you are upset because what you look at only are the Ship marks and not take into account infamy and skill.
    This MK1 is more skilled than the MK5s at same infamy level - this match up can have many reasons.
    I think you’re mainly upset due to the loss and you automatically think it’s because of the MK1.

You can upgrade ships fast and not play much / not have necessary skill acquired - which is where MK5s come from at low infamy range. Or they drop infamy in purpose - which we try to combat.
    If we forced players to only play at a very limited MK and infamy range - we would screw up every player who has higher skill - they’d never progress unless they upgrade their boat - or we would limit players from upgrading and forcing them to reach a certain infamy first. Both ways would feel horrible.

Maybe I misunderstood your suggestion? If you want to suggest changes - we are happy to hear them - especially well thought through ones.

11. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

I want to start by saying I understand that matchmaking is difficult. Here is my concern. Why do I consistently face teams with more "YELLOW BOATS" than my team has? It is a pattern I do not understand. I have a Mk7 in every boat type, and it doesn't matter which one I choose, if yellow boats are present, the advantage will be on the opposite team! If I have 1 they have 2 maybe 3. I've included a screenshot of a recent matchup to show any exaggerated case, just wondering if boat type is one of the factors in the matchmaking algorithm?

If it isn't used as a factor it should be. Defenders, Shooters and FIXERS have no defense against multiple shields and Telsa disablement.

Attached Files:

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Ship type isnt considered in the matchmaking, this is why some matches are impossible and others too easy.
    Was in a match the other day and our team had 4 fixers, vs their team having 2, of course we couldnt keep up.
    Still its not always bad, sometimes you get the upper hand so i take the bad match ups with the good ones, swings and roundabouts.

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

I beg to differ on your statement regarding infamy being the skill. If a player has played a tremendous number of games and has powerful set of weapons, he is almost always targeted first and ends up in a 1v3,4 and sometimes 1v5....if this happens very often (ALMOST 100% for me) then his/her infamy will drop and there will be a drastic disparity between his/her equipment scores infamy and skills. No one survives 1v5 and only a few can handle 1v3.
    The factor would be notoriety. That is based on how many games you've played not your infamy. I get the same treatment from Nightmares that I get from Aces. Maybe I've just plagued the game to long to ever get back to Nightmare!

14. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Your post is a little contradicting bro.
    You start by saying you are always targeted and primary point of focus for opposition, and then say you are always left as the last man standing?
    Surely if your opponents are all focusing fire on you then your team mates wouldn't be blown to shreds leaving you alone to fight a whole fleet?

The Grim Repair and The Otherguy like this.
  15. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

I don't believe I ever claimed to be last man standing. Sometimes, I am but that's a rare occurrence. So, I'm confused as to where you find that.

16. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

See post above.
    You state the person with strong equipment and lots of battles is always targeted first and ends up in a 1 vs 5.

It reads as though the guy being targeted (you) ends up in the 1 vs 5.

Did you mean you are targeted first leaving the weaker members of your team in a 1 vs 5 etc as it didn't come across this way mate

17. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

Perhaps this will clarify this results in a 1v5 at the start of almost all matches. Poor choice of words my bad!

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

What if you guys rearranged the xp from the crew members in order to make it faster to acquire a MK3, because skilled new players probably become frustrated for being one shoted so many times when they get to 600-700 infamy points with their mk1-2.
    It's really hard to think about that, by morning that's how I thought:
    Now I think that's not a good idea, I'll probably change my mind hundreds of times lol
    Except for playing my favorite game being part of your job, I would not want to be in your shoes.

19. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

If they do this, you will be teamed up with 4 totally unskilled players, the unfriendly team will be filled with Pros and you will loose the match. Then Potchi will open up a new thread in this forum.

Miathan and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  20. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I know you, I’ve killed you a lot. You got a lot of big weapons. You hit hard.

Djradnad likes this.