1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy manipulation spoils the fun for most

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by kylek33, 7 Apr 2017.

1. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Because you will get more frequent season rewards and that is not profitable...

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Talking about infamy manipulation, I had an MK5 with Ace league border in my 850 infamy group today. He proceeded to totally wreck the enemy, charging in without even caring about being hit. Same thing happened a few matches later when he was on the other side and obliterated my group. That person definitely did not get to 850 in a legitimate way.

3. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

This guy's name was OWNato? Because that's what he does...

4. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Yep, hes a real pro.
    Amazed he hasnt been banned. Clealry he will spend another 10k to get back where he was before.

5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

It was not, it was a longer name and I thought it started with "nave". There have to be more people doing this though. If the system can be abused this way, it's never just one person doing it.

6. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

I have reported a guildnate who keepa braggong about how much he can hoard by killling noobs at 200 infamy (he dropped from 2k+). I doubt rovio will do anything about it

7. Greydone

Greydone Member

Why is he doing this ? That sounds dumb af since he lost the upper leagues advantages.

8. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

It has to do with ease and time. It's actually not dumb, but very clever and a loophole in the system that I've figured out.

I posted this in a similar thread...
    TLDR:
    The point of infamy manipulation is....by using less time per game by sheer volume. If you're a VIP you get 1 Pearl regardless of a loss. You still get resources regardless (both gold and sugar as long as you deal damage), but because he suicided and died in 10 -15secs. (this works without VIP too, just less pearls and can't watch videos). Player will press the 'X' right after he dies, then he can start another game and do it again. Yes, you do get the resources even when you press the 'X'. Whereas you're still battling that same game for another 2- 5 minutes, he's done 6-10 games already and guaranteed 6-10+ pearls. Compared to you 1-3? If the team somehow wins without him several minutes later, he gets more gold/sugar as it catches up to him, and won't care if he won or loss(because he's forgotten about that game and done so many ahead of you).

Once he's down to an easy infamy, he can get 3 stars easy and more resources.

(added elaboration) Once in target easy infamy, it's 30sec-1min per game victories as he overpowers the low infamy players (disparity of natural infamy of more than 1500). Then what makes it worst is that league rewards/bonuses are the same, let's say he came from Master I or ACE 3, that's 100-110% rewards even if he's sitting at 500 infamy. It takes 2 full weeks for the season to end, and it takes less than 5 hours to drop about 1500+ infamy (you only need to lose 63 games). As well, It takes 2 seasons to update and drop your league. So he has a lot of time to make back that ground.

The increased games played = increased resources = increased stars = more items = faster progress. There's nothing to lose except for maybe reputation, respect and of course, infamy(but it's easy to gain it back again).

Last edited: 20 Jun 2017
    Miathan and TallGuySix8 like this.
  9. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I didn't realize you get the resources even if you press the X. Thanks for that tip! So Yesterday I decided to try and drop from 700 -> 250 to fleet with a friend that just started playing a few days ago. In three hours of trying to lose I couldn't get that low! There were enough games where people on the other side were also trying to lose. I couldn't believe it was actually that hard to drop. After that I realized the matchmaking system is pure luck. In one of the games I saw a guy trying to throw the game by blocking his teammates ships shots by standing on them and whenever a torpedo was headed in his direction he would run into it so the splash would hit everyone around him. Then at the end of the game he had 0 damage done, but was very active throughout. At this point I feel the easiest fix is to let more than 2 queue up together. That way there is an option to guarantee a group of 5 people with the same intentions...

10. TallGuySix8

TallGuySix8 New Member

do you think they should fix this loophole? If so how should they go about doing it? change the match making or change the resource system?

11. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Hard to fix without shafting legitimate players.
    For example
    1. Make seasons shorter, that would make dropping and gaining back harder. But the rewards at the end of the season will be nerf'd.
    2. Make a cutoff time, get no rewards if you die within X amount of time. But that would shaft real players that die by bad luck and they might have actually been pivotal to the game.
    3. Make league rewards cancel out below a certain low infamy threshold (1000 perhaps?). This might be the best idea, but legitimate players that lose a lot of infamy would be shafted as this impedes progress. Perhaps is a curved algorithm, 500 infamy under the league minimum you get 75% of the rewards number (100% for example), under 750 you get 50%, under 1250 you get 25% your rewards and the lowest is 25% or something along those lines so you don't get nothing, but it eliminates wanting to battle very easy opponents. Still doesn't solve the star system, but I guess since you can max out only 75 daily. I guess it's not a problem.
    4. Do the opposite of the above (3) to encourage trying more challenging games. Create a bonus rewards system for infamy overachievers based on league; over 200 = 10% more, over 300 = 15%, 400 = 20%, over 500 = 25%?
    5. Report system. Too much maintainance by developers, if an automated system is placed in, it can be abused. Imagine getting banned because someone doesn't like you and got his guild to report you 100 times.
    All that I can think of for now. Perhaps it might be a softer combination of all of these things that would patch this loophole.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2017
    TallGuySix8 likes this.
  12. monobrow

Simple

Base the battle reward off your real time infamy rating instead of your league finish.

D3X likes this.
  13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

That's a simple way to deal with it, but real time wise, you still get significant resources if you base it on the league bonus per game at each level. So it doesn't really penalize you a lot if you're significantly under your natural infamy level.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2017
  14. Greydone

Greydone Member

Except landslide victories are boring. The one doing this gives himself a lot of trouble for a bit more ressources.

15. Helius Maximus

PM
    I was earlier in a battle with this OWNato guy in my lvl 20 account. He has a MK4 speeder, not so much of a deal, but he has legendaries. He came rushing and single shot at me and took almost all my healt even with my Tesla shield, I managed to do some damage, but was the rest of the team who took care of him. In the end we lost the battle 'cos the team took heavy damage from this guy. It is a clear disadvantage for all the poor noobs at that level and I can see why they could get frustated and quit playing this game too soon. I guess I just wait for this OWNato to rach ACE league and see what he is realy made of.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2017
  16. monobrow

The other way to solve it of course is for the focus of the game to be on the competition as opposed to a massive grind. Which lets be honest, is what it is.

Dont get me wrong, I love it, but as i cannot compete or even get to NM in my mk4 ship and rare weapons I have to grind, grind, grind.. so why make it more difficult than it needs to be?

17. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Depends on how you look at it. Either way it's a grind, playing at your maximum infamy is also hard because you get the exact opposite. More defeats, more 0 performances, and a less resources. It's a going to be hard and demotivating since you're failing more often, so that's taking a lot less fun out of the game. So I can see why people purposely drop, just like how I mentioned in this thread. Sometimes it's worth to sacrifice some dignity/reputation for the greater picture down the road and save/collect/hoard resources for a later brighter day in the future. Probably players do that in-cognitively already when they drop 400-500 infamy when they have a massive slump, and that's legit, however doing it artificially might take away some of that frustration.

18. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

I think he meant (and if he didn't, I mean it) scratchthe league bonus, make it fully dependent on infamy. So u still get, idk, 40% if u are at 1.5k infamy, but as soon as u drop out of yout league your bonus drops with you.

Another possible fix is to nullify rewards for people that play tot infamy below their maximum, e.g. my maximun has been1700, if I drop below 1200 I should get no rewards

monobrow likes this.
  19. creplk

creplk New Member

Why not just having the same ship level matches with only the same level? Getting enough and tired of playing against 3 or 4 mk4 ships or even mk5 ship while my team is mk3 only. And sometimes mk5 shooter with some crazy defender that the total health of two ships already past 10k. And this way, unless you dont evolve your ship. Otherwise no matter how hard you tank you still have to play against others of the same ship level. Can they make the match more balance?

20. Helius Maximus

PM
    In this account i'm lvl23, and already have an mk4 enforcer at 1k infamy, so mk4 should't be rare in the 800-1300 infamy range, but mk5 certanly are. I found it is more fun to play with the noobs with the same conditions and only f2p, 'cos i'm not putting any money in this account:
    Screenshot_20170608-223242.png