1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Fix for the Fire

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 23 Apr 2018.

1. Mandeep57

Mandeep57 New Member

Firebomb is just doing fine.....to make a good firebomb u have to train its training and all those training are parallel to Shield...so to buff firebomb u need to nerf shield....so its all good.let it be like this.....

Sorry for Bad english

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

Give healing items a small x% chance to remove fire? At least then you have the chance if you run to your fixer.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, I think not. Flare is a damage class weapon. Would you appreciate a system where an excannon shot could be totally neutralized by a fixers bolt if the fixer fired the bolt right on time when the excannon projectile hit?

Well, this is its equivalent! Flare does tiny(relative to other weapons) damage, but does it over time. What youre suggesting is a chance to VOMPLETELY NEGATE that damage!

It's okay for frost and stun, those two are just movement control. But flare? I think not.

4. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

I get what you're saying, but the original post is in relation to balancing fire damage. I assume you're of the view that it's fine as is?
    I'm not precious either way, I've not encountered too much trouble with it other than the odd game where I catch 6 firebombs and go down in flames..

I don't think it would make that much of a difference if it was relatively low % chance and applied to (something other than the repair bolt which already has enough). A pulse or box with a 5% chance of removing fire effect is not game shattering... consider it a "critical repair".

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, as long as it doesn't go above 10% and is optional to healing in the training tree, I'm cool with it.

6. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Are you telling me that my flare gun will take 4k hp as the dude on my team just did with frost torp or that it will make it when I use the explosive cannon after burning someone? Maybe my weapon combo will do almost the same of one weapon + one yellow frost item, but he'll still have a blast cannon to shoot before my cooldown allow me to use my flare again. I think you are exagerating :)

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  7. TTrain

TTrain Member

What about this idea to bring frost back and make it viable again (Frost works in all the same ways it does now with this just added to it's funtionallity):

Anybody on your team that has frost eqquiped in their loadout, and see's a teamate getting melted down by any type of fire, is now able to frost blast their own teammate, instantly extinguishing those pesky blazzzingggg flameesss!!! :eek::confused:;)

Yes, this would probably leave the frost launcher still feeling left out and a unloved, but if you're feelin crazy you could give the new extinguishing ability to the launcher, BUT also add the ability to extinguish Napalm! :p

There's a few details and interactions that would have to be sorted through, but that's the jist. Or is it jizz? I never know.:confused::rolleyes::D

But let me know what you guys think! ;)

rexaroni, HARPO!, Cryix and 3 others like this.
  8. k406k

k406k Active Member

It's the gist of things. I recently scraped my epic frost items, sick of them doing nothing, and lost hope for a change. Now at least I don't get angry whenever I see them sitting in my inventory gathering dust.

Cryix likes this.
  9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I think we need to change your title from "Member" to "Professional Formatter". :p

Rainbow Warrior and Cryix like this.
  10. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Like when someone was frosted they got torped like crazy and took a lot of damage, the duration wouldn’t last long though. Now when someone is on fire, the fire damage is about 1200 plus the cannon damage, and people who are on fire get hit with like three cannons and die. It just doesn’t seem right that the only combo that’s worth it in the game is fire.

11. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

This is what I have been saying for like 3 months now.

12. Rainbow Warrior

Just take away that effect that make the target on fire to become very slow and everything will be balanced :p

13. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Wait what? Being on fire makes you slower? Now that needs to go

14. Rainbow Warrior

Just kidding with the detail you ignored on frost/fire relation.

15. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Stop spreading false propaganda!

16. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Oh ok

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  17. Rainbow Warrior

Sorry! Flames are so common that I thought everyone would understand sarcasm. My bad.

18. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Flares are definitely OP. Unless it gets nerfed or everything else gets buffed

HARPO! likes this.
  19. Rainbow Warrior

Can you elaborate the reason you think that?