1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Double shield enfo balance

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BORN TO KILL YOU, 21 Apr 2018.

1. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

Why don't you try shooting inside the tesla shield? (2nd time)

2. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

LOL I agree about a balance in double bubble but this you're not telling the truth here. I run an MK6 Enfo with OB and Nitro, and a T4 epic turbo, i'm 0,5 or 0,6 points below the speed limit. However, even with my OB and my Nitro I'm not able to catch an speeder when it's actually trying to run away, it's impossible. Now you can't tell me Double Bubble Enfos with only OB and even without Turbo (Big shield + Bandage users) can chase and kill an speeder if it is trying to escape.:confused:

Hokuse and What's Up Player like this.
  3. Real Baha

Real Baha Member

These threads are legitimizing the current meta OP, the fact you hear people say "enforcers are best taken out by groups of ships" tells you how bad it is with double bubble. The sad thing is the lag time from Rovio instilling a fix, it seems instead of pushing fixes through they wait until there's a massive update to push it all through at once. And because of this there has always been massive overblamce issues occur. It's literally Pandoras Box with updates.
    You guys come to work everyday, just push the fix through.

4. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Enfo doest have a big shield at mk5....its at mk6

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Bro, the enfo CAN equip one at mk5. Sacrificing turbo. I'm saying it in the context of that message^^^

6. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Ohhhh.....didn't get you exactly then....:p

7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

You can equip shield over shield so even if you break 1 another shield will protect you.
    ((Enforcer))

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I offer my view from the ‘other side of the coin’.

I use a mk6 enforcer, hovering around the 3800 mark, and here’s my experience.
    • The vast majority of ships that I see are shooters. Well over 50%. The problems of breaking shields for 2 or 3 slot ships that many here have mentioned (when viewed from my side) just isn’t a problem because the shooters can do it for them. I don’t see many enforcers on the Bay and quite often I’m the only one in the match.
    • I don’t think that double TS is the meta for enforcers at my level for a couple of reasons:
      • Enforcers simply don’t have 2 strong TS’s built up (my best is rare 40), and I have a epic 20. RNG just hasn’t given me enough. The Dr Buzzkill training tree is very expensive and often lags behind other trees. The very top end players all have epic 50s, and leg’s which has to mean spending a lot of money (not just VIP).
      • The number of shooters mean that the majority of ships in a battle don’t feel constrained and will take a shot at a TS (it is interesting that many posters on this thread are not shooters).
      • Because of the high no of shooters, enforcers at my level are running yellow items to try to counter them. I run one TS, one TB, but I also see frost mortar enforcers too.
    • TS’s that I see aren’t as strong as the ones being mentioned in this thread, I rarely come across one I can’t break with my flare gun (lvl 10 leg), blast cannon (epic 50), and its only my blast cannon (rare 50) that struggles.
    • Having looked at the top 50, the vast majority of enforcers run double TS. However, there are a couple that run TS + TB. As enforcer has 6 buttons to consider (3 red, 3 yellow) it wasn’t as affected by the TS cooldown increase as the speeder and so it is still viable. I run a TB as it is great for stunning fixers or shooters, but also great for popping the TS of any enforcers who just aren’t expecting it. I’ve tried double TS and I find it’s just not as effective for me. I have experimented with double TB, but players aren’t disciplined enough at this level not to break them.
    So to summarise the above my opinion is, if you’re an enforcer who’s not a whale, who plays at levels dominated (in number) by shooters, then double TS isn’t OP. If you’re a speeder (or a defender who can’t get close to an enforcer), you’re going to struggle against a double TS enforcer (who has high level TS’s). But it’s ok, all ships can’t be equally effective against all other ships in all situations. You have other strengths you should take advantage of.

If my experience is typical for enforcers at my level, perhaps it is only at the highest levels that perhaps double TS becomes OP (I’m not saying it is or it isn’t because that isn’t my level, so I can’t give an opinion). If it is only the highest level, maybe it only needs a tweaking of the last few things on the Dr Buzzkill training tree to remove the last TS strengthening talent, or remove the last time extending TS talent to balance it.

Miika’s stats showed that enforcer is still not a high use ship, and so any nerfs would need to be carefully thought out. Poor nerfing would result is whales quickly shifting to other ships but leave other enforcers to be an endangered species as they were before enforcer speed + hp buff, and EC + TB nerf.

Last edited: 22 Apr 2018
    Ian, Ultrah, Evilchicken235 and 4 others like this.
  9. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Honestly as a speeder from 4000+ infamy I haven't noticed anything drastically OP in Enforcer setups.

I just avoid them. Keep in mind, Enforcer IS SUPPOSED to win 1v1 against every other ship. So if you're left 1v1 with Enforcer, just play it safe for a draw. The goal is to destroy all of his teammates, so you'll end up more of friends against him.

Just play tactically against those beasts.

PS: learned that the hard way. Once I was left 1v1 against Enforcer with double Tesla Shields and I fought him. Got schooled pretty bad.

Edit:
    PS2: short Shield resistance of let's say length of half of shield duration would be fair :)

10. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Shooters will break them or break it with your two weapons if other people can hit them. You’re not supposed to go 1v1 against an enforcer, that’s what they are best at. Keep a composed team and they can’t really do much.

11. BORN TO KILL YOU

BORN TO KILL YOU Active Member

Yeah u are right i was telling from my f2p view aBout rare enfo speed vs a max epic enfo.But the 2 bubble enfo is unbalanced in every way from f2p and p2win view

12. BORN TO KILL YOU

I am also nightmare player i roam around 3800 _ 4200 range every season as a f2p and double bubble enfos are deadly op

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  13. BORN TO KILL YOU

#more responsible devs

14. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    TS was indirectly nerfed last update. It shows time left until shield goes down, so now people can time their shots perfectly.

I can tell it's a nerf because I see many less double bubbles on global leaderboard

15. BORN TO KILL YOU

About miikas numbers i already explained ..
    I dont want poor nerfs i want fair nerf to enfo double bubble

The people who like your post are mostly shooters and mk5 .
    They can agree but remaing ships like us are at huge disadvantage

16. BORN TO KILL YOU

Yeah but when i am the top player in my team most of times people dont work with me to deal with double bubble enfos
    People with infamy similar to mine can only understand the strategy
    I really hate speeder having to run away from enfo ....it should be fair so i can man up and fight the double bubble build :p

17. BORN TO KILL YOU

Dude that wont change much to be called a nerf its still about double bubble they can even equip 2 at same time .

18. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

I'm F2P. Epic dups are there for us too :p

19. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

In my range, 3800-4300 infamy, I'm often in battles with 4 or more enforcers. This morning or last night, one of them was running double tesla shield and had 11,136 HP. Almost as much HP as my gimp Defender ship!

20. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

Carronade will help , it does for me if the tesla Sheild isn't too powerful ,even if it is the other one isn't ( at least for my infamy 3 3k)
    If my carronade doesn't break it then i use my ex cannon and 100% it will break it then i shoot him with carronade .during that i use my double nitro to avoid shoots :)