1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favourite Shooter MK3 setup?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Raunak, 1 Jun 2017.

1. Raunak

Raunak Member

Hey there, I just upgraded my Shooter to MK3. I want to know Wats your choice of equipments in MK3.

2. DiabloX Tran

DiabloX Tran New Member

Triple mortar :D
    Standard, berta & long range

3. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Whatever youve been lucky enough to find.

4. Raunak

Raunak Member

Okay thanks for the help man

5. FiveZero

FiveZero New Member

Double Cannon + Rail Gun anyone?

6. Lvhoang

Lvhoang New Member

I like rail gun but the problem is because of the waves, the rail gun is often unable to shoot until you get up close and personal (in which case you ll deal very low damage). I'm thinking canon sniper and mortar/missile launcher.

7. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

I've had the most success with a combination of Big Torpedo (Lv 9 uncommon?!), Epic Explosive Cannon (4), and a Rare Cannon (11). Been up to near 1200 repeatedly, I haven't gone further mostly due to my (lack of) aiming skill, and... highly unpleasant matches.

The goal of this is to be able to handle BOTH a team fight or a smaller scale conflict with equal aplomb. The Big Torpedo is good in both 1v1 and Team fights, obviously. It does VERY good damage, even as an uncommon. Unlike the mortar, it is effective regardless of the ceiling, and has infinite range, which sometimes nets you free damage. The explosive Cannon is also nifty in that it can work midrange and short. I put a range perk on it, I haven't noticed a big difference yet. The important thing is that it deals splash damage as well when it lands. Between these first two, you have decent enough team fight damage. Sometimes your Cannon is also useful in a full fight, but it is also important for 1v1s up close. It lets you fight mobile opponents much more swiftly, and provides much more consistent damage when you aren't concerned about being mobbed.

Overall, you end up as a midrange fighter capable of long range damage support, AOE for team fights, with some 1v1 close range capabilities. Yes, this is somewhat style and skill dependent, but you are a shooter. You are the glass cannon that tries to kill everyone before they reach you. You aren't the stunning/shielding/tanky player. Thats what the speeders, enforcers, and defenders are for. So any weapon that relies on being up close is already a risky proposition because of your clear vulnerability. This alone leaves you with mid and long range weapons for most of your kit.
    Thoughts on the other weapons that I scrapped (with regards to a Shooter):

Triple Torpedoes: More obvious than Big Torpedoes (more frequently dodged), harder to maximize their damage, worse in a 1v1, and lower typical damage output. They are only superior if you can land ALL THREE torpedoes. If you only ever land one, you should really switch to a Big Torpedo.

Double Cannons: You die too quickly, and don't contribute to team fights. Different story on Defenders or Enforcers/Speeders.

Grenades: See Cannons, just with even worse range.

Blast Cannon: The reload is too long for the short range. It also feels like it is easily blocked by waves. An inferior Explosive Cannon.

Snipers: They feel useless, especially in team fights. No AOE or good DPS means they make a pitiful contribution without building around them specifically.

Rail Guns: One trick pony that looks/sounds cool, and is impractical for most. An inferior Big Torpedo. See Sniper but take away any consistent damage.

Mortars: if you can make mortars work for you, then more power to ya, but I personally hate them. Even if you try otherwise, many fights locationare clearly prohibitive to mortar users. Mortars can be absolutely godly on the right maps, and near useless on the others. You clearly output subpar damage versus any opponents who split up intentionally - or to 1v1 with your nearby allies. You are dead meat against most shooters, defenders, enforcers, and speeders that come into range with their more direct damage. They work fine when you have a lot of mortar users who can blast entire areas into oblivion, or when you have some strong support, but that is hard to achieve in soloque. Many opponents charge you and easily out dps you. The most you want is ONE.

All other weapons unmentioned I either didn't try, or didn't remember.

8. XGF

XGF Member

I use a cannon,a big berta,and a railgun
    For blue slots i started using turbo and bandage,but sometimes i change to a standard shield

battlebaymembers likes this.
  9. Psyche33

Psyche33 New Member

I actually think this is good advice. If you happen to find a blue blast canon, a purple berta mortor, and a purple fire bomb; I think it would be wise to use those three, if those are your highest damage producing weapons.

10. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

I use 2 must-have weapons:

Rare Grenade Launcher T1 max
    Uncommon Big Torpedo T2 max

Rare T1 max and Uncommon T2 max are roughly equal in power so don't worry able rarity unless you have epic.

Big Torpedo for the long range sniping mainly against Fixer. At closer range, you can easily blast shooters or speeders off with good aiming.

Grenade Launcher for close-mid range combat. No blind spot, AOE, high dps, sometimes burns.

For the third spot I use a sniper cannon or explosive cannon to constantly do damage. When I reach Mk4 I will use both.

Floating around 1200-1400 infamy.

Raunak likes this.