1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So apparently Angry Birds Evolution always has an event.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kalbs, 19 Apr 2018.

1. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

And what do we get? A freaking soundtrack!!!

I'm at a point in the game that I only login to complete my daily quests(and new shipment). The less game I need to complete it, the better because I can logout early.

Game is getting stale and boring. I wouldn't be surprised if player base has gone down. It seems Rovio's battle bay dev team has reached it's intelligence peak we couldn't get anything new (except the redundant main screen that is just horrible version of the ship menu).

Gear score are just a way to entice whales to buy more coupled with evolution package that is priced horribly.

Anyway, since a dev indirectly admitted that whales produce majority of Battle Bay's income I guess a plea from an f2p will be ignored anyway. This game is good and well made and I still have hopes for it but it's been so long we haven't got anything new. I know some of you have other reasons for still playing so just keep playing and have fun while it's still "fun".

Last edited: 20 Apr 2018
  2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Yeah, I also just play for daily rewards and shop items, but I don’t think it’s right to insult the Devs.

Sure it’s getting stale, and the evolution prices are totally barbaric, but hey, eventually you’ll reach a high enough Infamy to where players get smart.

That’s where the fun begins.

Remember every Developer’s name.

And when you get fleeted against them, because that’s where they’ll be, shoot them. Shoot them until they’re ashes!

Heck! Shoot the ashes! There’s your money! Yeah! Take that! Hah!

3. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I hover around 4200-4400 so most of the time I play with (and against) elite players. Yeah it's fun, gives you a lot of challenge and satisfaction but not enough to keep playing(at least for me).

Oh did I? :eek::D;)

Cryix, Babablacksheep and Ultrah like this.
  4. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I agree with you, we haven’t got any significant change to the game since many months. No new maps, no new weapons, no new game modes, etc...

And yes, it’s the devs fault that this game isn’t developing and changing fast enough.

I also feel like this is going no where and only play for the daily rewards and a bit of guild wars.

Cryix, Babablacksheep, Blueee and 6 others like this.
  5. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Feels like they are just letting the game run as long as still racking up money but they also have no plans of keeping the game alive if it runs out of whales to sustain the game.

Cryix and DizzyBrah like this.
  6. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Competitions will be good source for revenue. Put entry charge for rare weapon competition 10 pearls epic 50 pearls.
    Scaling of ships and weapons according to competition so everyone is on even ground. Win 10 matches in row to get certain prise and rewards at 3 wins 5 wins maybe gold or sugar.
    F2P players will get some chance to earn rewards and so will whales. Maybe once or twice a month in a beta mode will be good.

7. DizzyBrah

DizzyBrah Member

I'm starting to think that you may be right.

Cryix, Babablacksheep and Kalbs like this.
  8. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I mean if you think about it, other games are really putting effort in keeping a game alive. You'll see events here and there to keep players interested. Sadly, we don't have that here. Most players feel like the devs do not care and when they do respond, it's just some generic message.

9. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

I aggree with you all guys. This game have really problems about innovation.

Kalbs and What's Up Player like this.
  10. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Solution is clearly to change game's name to Angry Birds Battle Bay

Rinse & Repeat, Spongeboat and ToR P2 like this.
  11. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Meh, I saw it coming a month ago at 2.9 announcement. Everyone was so excited about fancy buttons and loading screens and legit concerns about game state got buried under "OhMiGuRD BesT uPdAte eVA" comments.
    Since you all get so excited about useless stuff, that's all you gonna get :cool:. I'm done grinding games for powercells. My guild (including me) used to be a bunch of casuals and it's dead now because you know.... they all moved on.

12. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

The game is one of greatest innovation in mobile games(Maybe i m exaggerating),What it lacks is motivation! not from players,But from company that runs and completely ignores the game.Check out Wikipedia page of Rovio,it barely aknowledges the existence of game called battle bay!

13. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    A lack of new content has always been a thing for Battle Bay, it’s Rovios fault for thinking this is alright. The norm for MMOs updates should be weekly bug fixes/adjustments and SIGNIFICANT new content at least every month or two. UI changes and graphics shouldn’t be defined as content. That is nothing for the players to take part and interact and have fun.

Devs shouldn’t be put to blame if this is what Rovio asks from them. Rovio is to blame for sure for this lack of content, whether it’s due to lack of future development plans, undersized dev team, failure to foresee & maintain game longevity or whatever.

14. S2C

S2C Member

Are new players actually getting into the game? I'd be amazed if that were true after experiencing how disgustingly bad the early levels are because of tankers. The guild i'm in currently has been going through cycle after cycle where we get some new members (we are all relatively low level so these guys are new players too), but then end up kicking because there accounts were already dead by the next guild rivalry.

Kalbs likes this.
  15. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

Yo, this thread is constructive .
    I usually leave threads like this but all of you have very well thought of posts and no like whinnings
    Instead of only whinning and giving problems, you guys are giving problems and the solutions to them.
    This is the purpose of the forums . Very well done all

What's Up Player likes this.
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

What would really help is for the devs to work with the community to prioritize fixes, enhancements, features. That kind of thing is very attractive to users, takes load off of developers, and will draw in more players to invest more time and money into it. It's all about being a visibly active project, and in that Rovio is failing in addressing that perception.

17. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Which is exactly what is happening in this thread!

Normally, if the state of the game is being questioned, devs/moderators/community managers will be active in answering to dispel any notion that the game is dying or not going anywhere but as you can see we are not getting any response.

18. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Its just Sad...

19. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

The game is still top 10 grossing in the world. So there shouldn't be any funds problem for Rovio. The game needs something new except for nerf and buffs and graphic tweaks. What keeps player base intact is something new every now and then.
    Games like VainGlory etc introduce new heros every couple months so some autistic balance changes go unnoticed.
    The main concern with Battle Bay developers is The Lack of Communication with players of any sort. I heard they read everything but where is the confirmation or any reply, none.
    And the stagnation is due role of ships in game. There isn't any flexibility, like aggressive speeder flexed into supportive role, fixers going in aggressive mode etc. You're stuck with same play style every battle.

ToR P2 and Hokuse like this.
  20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

There seems to be a company policy to not address upcoming changes in advance. I think it's misguided; building community cooperation would pay off in spades. For example, I've had discussions with players who are simply unwilling to pay money because the rug could be pulled out from under them and all that "investment" goes to waste. Clarity into future vision would help dispel that doubt.

Kalbs and Shadow Moon! like this.