1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Damage on AFK

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Rainbow Warrior, 16 Apr 2018.

1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Hey guys.
    I guess it'd be good for the battles If the damage on afk players were not considered as contribution. Some players abandon the battle field just to get those free damage points. It happened right now with my son, it was 4x2 + 1 AFK, his 3 teammates decided to run to get the harmless dude and before he notice, he was alone against two.
    Needless to say que started to cheer for the unfriends' team, it feels good when my son's team lost, maybe at least one of his friends learn something from this battle.
    It'd be even clearer if the guy who reached the AFK first didn't get his contribution star :D

2. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

no.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Absolutely not. Damage is damage.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  4. Rainbow Warrior

:( okay ;)

5. Rainbow Warrior

But this damage is not helping your team, it's a distraction.

6. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Sometimes you have to let stupidity reign.

7. Rainbow Warrior

LOL

8. FirnenAhead

I've been AFK and after 2 minutes of a battle I go full health and sweep all the 3k enemies by myself. Killing AFKs is important.

9. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I had one battle where (on paper) it was 3v3, but it was really a 2v3 as a defender on my team was AFK.

However, the battle was being fought down that end and the opposition were targeting the defender as well as my teammate and I.

Because the defender has a lot of hp, it distracted them for long enough, that my teammate and I won. We really should have lost, and would have if the enemy hadn’t been so focused on the AFK.

In my opinion, shooting an AFK is like shooting someone who is stunned. You should focus on the non-stunned/AFK players first.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  10. Rainbow Warrior

It happens, but that's an exception, the most common scenario is the AFK to be out for longer than the match, don't you agree?

11. FirnenAhead

IDK. If the match is tight and your team can't take advantage, you can kill the AFK on the other side and force them to attack your team.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  12. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

This is exactly how the reward system works dmgor healing an afk leads to less contribution than dealing an active player.

13. Rainbow Warrior

The only time I saw a dev talking about that It was: healing an AFK doesn't count to contribution, damaging does.
    And it makes sense since one of my son's friends got his above average star after doing most of his 4k damage on the AFK.
    I'll search the quote...

Last edited: 16 Apr 2018
  14. Rainbow Warrior

Here:

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s hard to odds. If I see a player that looks AFK, then they’ll be pretty low on my target list. However, sometimes they do spring to life mid-game and cause trouble.

Floaters certainly need destroying, but not at the cost of one of your own ‘active’ teammates, that’s just giving away the advantage.

Unfortunately, a lot of players don’t seem to have much grasp of the big picture. I have too many games where I’ll stun a ship that’s attacking me, so that I can escape, only to have a teammate instantly break the stun and get me killed. Then my team ends up losing, or having a draw forced, in an endgame where my Speeder could have been really useful.

Hopefully, as your son gets better, he’ll have fewer of ‘those types’ of players on his team. Though sadly, you will always get a few p2w ‘noobs’ at all infamy levels. You just have to suck it up and play through it.

16. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

There was one battle where there was one AFK MK4 defender on my team and everyone on my team died except him and 4 enemies were left, and the defender suddenly came to life and killed all four enemies with his T4 rare blast and sniper cannons.

Also, an AFK may decide between a draw and a win, as that has happened to me before.
    Although an active player would be more useful...