1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Dual Pulse Works on MK5 fixer?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aswin, 16 Apr 2018.

1. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

I was wondering if dual pulse will work in MK5 fixer, I can't use 3 healing items that's the problem here , still can works?

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

LullyGirl used to use that, she was close to nightmare, IRC

Aswin likes this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Disadvantage

1) sacrifice one green item entirely

2) You will be easy to kill because
    --->No box for self heal
    --->No range; you need to stick with team Thereby taking constant damage

3) Teamwork is lacking in BB--if you have bolt you can heal a guy who plays a loner without a team OR in 3 players situation you can Pulse heal one shooter,while bolt the other one since they never stay together

4) Burst damage,more railgun and big torpedo enemy team has more chance you losing badly

Advantages :-

1)Pulse req no skill,just like tesla shield..it doesn't need aim...start a pulse near teammates and forget about it

2) You can play more aggressively,Which is use ful if you have High burst Damage which can neutralize enemy

3) Good against passive damage, however passive damage leads to more burst (Boost on canons)hence This is not a particularly good advantage

The dis advantage are outweigh advantages,i recommend using duct tape and bolt to make proper use of green slot.Increase your as well as team survivability!

Bradley Thorinsson and Ian like this.
  4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    It’s not worth it. Also, a large portion of mk6 fixers don’t use double pulse even though they have the slot points for it.

5. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

Really? But the top fixers use dual pulse , I have seen lots of videos on YouTube

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Not all of them. The current global #8 player:

[​IMG]

Most high fixers do indeed run double pulse. It's definitely inferior on an MK5 though. Better to have 3 green items than 2.

Aswin and Babablacksheep like this.
  7. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    GS, Flynn, Weeze are some names that come to mind when talking about top fixers that don’t use double pulse. All 3 of these guys are easily top 10 fixers in the game and have infamy highs in the 5000s.

8. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Lot of players don't use double pulse the repair bolt provides too much value.
    A setup with double repair bolt is as common as double pulse nowadays.( In ace 1 and NM ).
    For mk5 use repair pulse + bolt+ box it's the best setup to provide contribution to team and increase infamy and why would would you want to waste a slot when it only makes chances of your and team survivability less.

9. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Pulse + Bolt + Bolt is great if you're smart enough to cover from enemy's fire. I've seen a couple MK5 Fixers at 4.5k infamy with this setup ;)

10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

The meta at Mk6+ still leans towards double-Pulse because historically Repair Bolt didn't exist, so players had more opportunities to get the necessary duplicates to build two high-level Repair Pulses. Meta is shifting towards Pulse + Double Bolt, but it's still a pretty balanced mix.

Mk5 though hasn't seen double-Pulse use since the 50% self-healing nerf. Pulse, Bolt, and one other item (Box for self-healing, Bolt for more remote healing, and Tape if you hate your teammates. ;) )

11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The absurd Repair Pulse nerf combined with Healing Bolt being awesome means that double Pulse is probably not a great idea at mk5.
    Pulse+Bolt+Tape(/Bolt) is probably your best bet, but it also depends on what items you've gathered so far. Else Noctis runs a really cool Double Bolt+Tape setup.

12. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

I’d probably run double bolt and tape as well. Right now, I use a Pulse because my Tape is still weak but my Nitro is gud. There’s no way I’m using Box ever again.

13. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

Why not box? I can't able to use box too I have epic box but I can't use it well, now using pulse+bolt+bolt

14. Earel

Earel Active Member

Box bolt and pulse = it’s nice mix and perfect answer for any type of situations... burst, or aoe or self healing.
    If u run double pulse try use double shield as well.

Ian and Aswin like this.
  15. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

How about using tape+pulse+pulse?

16. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

that is @Waveblower 's setup

17. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Slow and the cooldown doesn’t make up for the fact that you have to drop the box in a place where your teammates nor the enemies can easily swoop it up.

Plus that second bolt is just so nice. Shooting another bolt half a map away just because you missed the first is so pain free and you keep yourself out of the danger zone.

18. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Bolt can also remove both stun and frost.

Box can crit for extra healing (if the phase of the moon is right and you've recently made a blood oath with a dark god of some manner because I have literally never seen a repair crit)

19. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

at mk6 it works well. . I just went from 1900 to 290p in 5 days.. but u wanna make sure u stick to a teammate at a safe distance. .. if all stays together then it's a lots of win win

20. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

I used to use double pulses on mk5 , that setup completely depends on your team , So it isn't a good setup , , so i stopped playing fixer because your team probably wont help stick with you enough to make it work

Repair bolt is a very powerful item , but i don't recommend it , because you can't heal yourself , otherwise some new top fixers are using it