1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So sick of this crap

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jamesnyc, 13 Apr 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Eh.. sometimes. All the GIT GUD comments aren't terribly helpful... you are only 1 of 10 players in a match... how much GUD can you exert on the other 9?

Maybe we need more people who are GUD at offering advice.

Jamesnyc likes this.
  2. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Sure getting better with your boat and weapons help but there are other ways to be skilled at this game that may matter even more. Two suggestions that I don't think are mentioned enough:

1) Study the initial team listing before the game. You should adjust your strategy accordingly. Are you are the highest infamy on the team or lowest? What boats does your team have? What boats does the other team have?

2) Teamwork does not necessarily mean calling orders, getting frustrated at stupid teammates who don't follow them, and complaining on the forums. Maybe it's harder and better to be a follower and try to help your teammates stupid strategy succeed. Sure you may lose but it's better than a guaranteed loss and the percentage you do win will be reflected as higher infamy. Some of the very best players in nightmare have emphasized how important it is to know what all your teammates are doing at all times. Why? So they can adjust their play accordingly and help the team win.

3. Cod father

Cod father New Member

I just lost 2 in a row. Does that count?

4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    This guy ignored everyone lol

A55A51N likes this.
  5. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

Very good points.
    The 1st one everyone follows.
    2nd no one.
    Instead of adapting to what their scout/highest infamy boat is, they go their direction hit their boats, their teammates hit the boat they like and everyone is mad.

HeroicBubbles likes this.
  6. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Love these useless people with the snide comments oh git gud or oh it all your fault you lost. Not helpfull at all, more annoying.. oh dont forget theres 9 others players you have NO control over

I was 2900, now 2200.. I am good.. There is just something wrong with this stupid game itself. (To drop 700 points, FOR NO REASON) DUHI!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be more mad at rovio/devs for not trying to rectify the problem. (Many suggestion given over the many month of people complaining and NADA)

Not ALL the players with the EXACT same issues, SUCK!!

Last edited: 14 Apr 2018
  7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Man, I don't understand your deduction proccess. When you win, you are good, when you lose, Rovio sucks... Is that it?
    Yeah, you can't control the other 9 players, but until the lack of players (those 6k infamy guys also need to play) or the exccess of casual players (on early game, because being casual gives you the chests on sundays since you log in daily :D but you do not improve your skills that fast) start to bring guys so much stronger than everyone else, the teams are very similar, your contribution is the main reason to gain or lose infamy.
    If you tell us what problems you are facing on battles, you may receive tips from other players. If you blame others from your losses, nobody will be able to help you ;)

8. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    git gud :p

A55A51N and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  9. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Git even "GUDDER"

oops forget he ignored everyone:oops:

A55A51N likes this.
  10. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

I was 3900, dropped to 3250 and now working my way back up. It happens, no point in flooding the forums with yet another whining post about matchmaking.

So you’re saying it’s the games fault you dropped? Yes there are 9 other players you can’t control, but you can control yourself. Are you saying you played perfectly for all those matches? I highly doubt that. If you’re on a downward spiral you begin to get desperate for a win a begin doing desperate actions. Best course of action is step back, take a break and clear your head. Come back to the Bay when you can focus again, don’t keep scrambling to make up the infamy. That’s the surest way to continue to plummet.

I can admit during my downslide there are times after I’m killed I look back at my actions and can say, that was a dumb move/choice. It’s not always the teammates that cost you the match. Can you honestly review your matches and say the same about your performance? Did you push when you should’ve waited? Did you get too focused on the kill and not see the flank attack coming? Or maybe it’s as simple as the other team was just more on point than yours.

If you’re only going to use the forums vent, expect to receive the sarcasm. We’re all going through it. We’ve all pushed through. Deal with it and move along.

11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Nicely said!

A55A51N and SAME DIFF3R3NC3 like this.
  12. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Thanks. To bad it’ll likely be ignored....

13. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Why are the win and lose streak in this game so freaking huge and frequent, anyway?
    You can get 15 lose streak out of nowhere that makes you feel shitty, or get 15 win streak for no reason and makes you feel like the luckiest mofo on the galaxy.
    I've played a lot of online games, but the win/lose streak on other games are extremely rare.
    Why is it so different on battle bay? Is it because the way matchmaking designed?

14. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Hmm lets see

Sometime on our team mk4 - really?
    Players that are mk5 or mk6 with not much shield (speeders with 2k shooters with 3k-4k.. instant death 4 them)
    Facing defenderd with 14,000 shield
    Only fixers on the other team
    Multiple players on the other team with legandary
    5 players on our team that scatter
    We finally get a fixer and they go off on there own, and die.. or they turbo in front of you and croak

So tell me, how can you has a player control any of this.. U cant, Period. U just stuck and your infamy is in the crapper..

So many time i play im the last one alive against 3 4 or 5 players.. im like really what happen to everyone? Its been 45 seconds

Mk6 here, shield 8353

SO, something definatly not right...

But players here are oh just get good or its your fault.. Ignorant response that I so wish they kept to themselves

Last edited: 14 Apr 2018
  15. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Ok, man, keep blaming everything but your skills, but it's not very smart to expect something different than "Git gud" for this behavior. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheFixer27 and A55A51N like this.
  16. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Ugh, well u ask 4 specifics. Yawn, So whatever dude.

You know im right thats why all you can muster up for a response is "Git Gud", Yawn

Last edited: 15 Apr 2018
  17. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    If you want help, here’s my advice.

Play the best as you can, and maybe instead of you going solo and wanting your team come with you, you can go with your team. And if you lose and played well, then just say ”This wasn’t my fault” and move on. If entering a streak, take a break.

18. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Ah ok.
    Unfortunately, the game puts all the good players in the opposing team, while your team always gets the suckers. It's in Rovios CODE. They have fine tuned algorithms to find out which player is good and which one is bad. Then the CODE puts all the bad players in your team.

You are on to something here, just keep on digging and one day the WHOLE TRUTH about this devious plot will be revealed!

More seriously:
    Here is some advice for campers which "are always the last player alive": Try to change your play style - you have to support your team and you have to put pressure on the unfriendly team, especially when they have a fixer. Leaning back and do some random damage (note that torpedos and mines do a lot of purely random damage, as well as random mortar shots) will not win you the game, the fixer will heal all your damage away and in the end your impact on the match will be zero. It is important to reduce the DPS (damage per second) of the unfriendly team and this is done by removing ships from their team. Try to target and get the one with the least hitpoints (or which singled itself out), don't chase after speeders spoiling shots and don't try to kill a healthy defender with a fixer and some shooters in its back. Of course this means you have to move and you have to maneuver in a way that you get 2:1 situations in an infight. Good luck!

19. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Well then it must be the conspiracy against you.

A55A51N likes this.
  20. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Maybe... just maybe you should change your ign from 'downmorethanup' to something more encouraging so you win more. jk lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.