1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So stars are based on damage only?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BowenQ, 5 Jun 2017.

1. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

Na. can't do that. Bats is on my tail

2. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

The Bat is (Arkham knight spoilers incoming)
    Dead

:p

SCOOTY PUFF Jr likes this.
  3. KellEl

KellEl Member

I've seem evidence that healing gets factored in As do stuns and freezes. What is disappointing is there is no way that speed is factored in. When I play speeder I kit it out to run. Turbo, overboost, nitro. I am all over the place. Chasing down fleeing perps, scouting out where the enemy is, and mostly racing past the enemy and in front of my team to distract the enemy and mess with their targeting. But I'm so busy doing all that that my damage isn't as high since I don't have time to line up shots as much as someone who is mostly just sitting still. As a result my stars and my rewards are lower than when I play any other class even though from my experience my team wins more when I'm a speeder, I like to think in part from my speed contribution.

4. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

there would need to be a way for the game to track how many shots you attracted, and how many of them missed. There are a ton of incompetent speeders who speedily suicide into the opponent's team. They don't deserve any credit. I agree that a GOOD speeder certainly deserves recognition, but this is likely harder than recognizing healing, by a lot.

If you are healing yourself, it does diddly squat. Also, if you healed 7k or whatever (seriously, how did you track this?), then if you got one star, then either:

A. You contributed very little damage
    B. Your heal was also insignificant because other people in the battle did stupendously more damage than you (or healed way more).

Take your pick.

5. BowenQ

BowenQ Member

If it's all about damage, then explain the photos above.

The picture I uploaded at 13:18, can anyone explain why Ewiktus got 3 stars?

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Jun 2017
  6. David Bonaparte

my guesses would be that either he helped "capture" the target at some point, or shielded his allies? idk.

7. BowenQ

BowenQ Member

That's a shooter. How does a shooter shield?

8. JJf

JJf Member

I don't know so I must guess. Devs talked about contribution in another thread and told it also calculates who you have been shooting. So, if the shooter dealt most damage was shooting mainly two fixers who weren't healing their shooters (only themselves) and didn't deal much damage, it could be a reason. As I am not developer, I don't know what's the real explanation. But I have understood that if you shoot only unfriends who get most of stars, you'll get also more stars for yourself.

9. David Bonaparte

by blocking shots for an ally, like a defender?

10. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

for shooters it's pretty straight forward... a win guarantees 1 star, dealing above average damage (among all 10 players in the battle) adds another star and dealing more than double the average damage gives you 3 stars... but sometimes, i'm not sure if i'm right, but if a shooter is able to deal damage to all 5 unfriends in the battle, it can sometimes lead to a 3 star finish despite not dealing more than double the average damage. shot accuracy is also a factor, i think...

for the yellow boats, actively and successfully using frost and stuns will greatly factor in to how many stars you get at the end of battle regardless of your damage contribution. the more unfriends you affect with frost and stuns will make a more significant contributor to the success of your team, thus, giving a higher chance of getting 2-3 stars.

Actively using the battle commands also helps (based on feedback from other players)

11. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

all about that damage
    Screenshot_20170608-093633.png

JJf and ThirstySeal like this.