1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, straight up.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 12 Apr 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Devs, you HAVE to fix the matchmaking. I am continuously getting floaters/suiciders on my team, plain noobs, and MK1s with 100 infamy!

If the matchmaking doesn't improve soon, the community will NOT be happy.

2. SupremeCalamitas

Our cries need to be heard

3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    If the suiciders aren’t on your team, they’re on the other team. Problem solved right? Ha.

4. SupremeCalamitas

Today I lost 10 battles because either some noob was either not leading his shots or was using all torps/mortars.

5. SupremeCalamitas

Oops said either twice lol.

6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm telling you, trying to take infamy, wins, and losses seriously at your infamy level (as I remember it anyway) is just going to make you crazy. Just grind out your gear, work on your strategy and tactics, and wait till you want to push above 1500.

7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan

A55A51N likes this.
  8. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

What's your MK? If you're paired or going against MK1s maybe your infamy is a little bit too low for your level.
    Must be sucks for those MK1s to be put in the same battle with higher MKs who have too low infamy.

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

10. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

You’ll have to take my word for it as I have no statistical proof. I agree with what @Snapshot said and grind out your gear and when your ready push for higher infamy. It was very frustrating for me in the earlier stages of the game as well but I pushed through it all. The higher the infamy, the less floaters you encounter. Trust me, this is good advice.

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. Snapshot

Well. It saved my sanity anyway. In "grind mode" every match is a win. Who cares if you had floaters or they had floaters or you team mates were good or bad? None of that matters so much as just finishing the match, collecting your rewards, and moving on to the next match. It's very freeing.

As a bonus, since you're not spending any time worrying about things you cannot control, you get to spend all your time thinking how to improve your own performance. Less salt. More getting good. At least that's how it worked for me.

12. SupremeCalamitas

Not to try to disprove any of what you said, but seriously, check out this match. You will either burst into laughter or curse the matchmaking

https://replay.battlebay.net/WQKPSSDS#VJQWKBTD

my entire team was full of noobs, enemy had decent players. Unbelievable.

13. SupremeCalamitas

Also, lemme try to turn that into English: suicide because you get rewards even if you lose

14. Snapshot

Not at all.

I tried suiciding and it is awful on a whole lot of counts. That's why I worked to find a better choice. What I did is get the match going promptly and try to win it. In fact I did win enough of them that it only dropped my infamy down a few hundred points from it's max and then stabilized there. This was not suiciding for gold. It was trying to win fast. There is a huge difference.

Reasons not to suicide for gold
    1. Because you're screwing with the rest of your team every match
    2. Because you'll only ever get loser gold and no pearls
    3. Because your skills won't develop
    4. Because you may get banned
    The beauty of grinding is that you're not really screwing with your team mates. You tend to float down to whatever the new stability point is just as you would if you'd had a losing streak. Then you stay there, just as you would if that was your normal infamy -- because it is. Obviously, at your new stability point you win half and lose half. No match was hopeless or even nearly so for your team mates. You're playing more aggressively than they are used to. They can step up their game if they want.... and many did when they saw me go charging in. Very clearly what you are not doing is simply taking 20% of their firepower away as you would with suiciding.

Lil_Torta and The Otherguy like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Damn... Another matchmaking thread.

This begs the question: What thread should be the official thread?

16. Rainbow Warrior

Can you make a new one named something like "official thread: I hate the matchmaking"?

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

18. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

What would be the point in an official thread? There's nothing to say about matchmaking that hasn't been said a hundred times already. Such a thread would only be a place where complainers can complain more. "I'm stuck at 500 infamy because everyone else is terrible!" "I lose every match because of floaters on my team!" "I can't rise in infamy because my teammates don't lead their shots!" etc etc. Completely pointless, it's not even real feedback, it's just whining.

A55A51N, Raunak and Kitterini like this.
  19. Rainbow Warrior

Don't you prefer that all the complains about matchmaking be put on the same thread instead of everywhere?
    The new ones could be redirect to there.

20. Raunak

Raunak Member

Look at this battle log, how unfair their team had two MK4 and in my team only me rest all MK2.
    Screenshot_2018-04-13-14-02-08.png
    I tried everything I can to win but the end this is the result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.