1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So stars are based on damage only?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BowenQ, 5 Jun 2017.

1. BowenQ

BowenQ Member

Then how to explain these two images?
    Screenshot_2017-06-04-17-36-22.png Screenshot_2017-06-05-10-13-26.png

2. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

stars are based on player contribution to the round

3. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

Healing also contributes. It is primarily damage and the killing blow that contributes otherwise.

4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Xenon03, Totoro and RobbeSer like this.
  5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Agreed on damage -- I would like to see a source for your killing blow claim though? To me killing blows doesn't seem to weigh in any noticeable way.

6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Well if they added a mechanic like that people would be stealing kills?

7. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

Yup. That would make "kill sniping" way too OP. It's already abused to get achievements.

8. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Not for fixer its not. I did over 6500 healing in a sub 1k inf game with a mk3 fixer and got ONE star. I kept three people alive most of the round after one dude suicided and won us th3 game and i got ONE star and cramped hands.. its all about dmg

9. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

S
    See they even admit
    ..its all about damage and damage contribution. Fixera get fukt. Thats why i wont play my fixer much

10. Miathan

Eh, did you even read the thing you quoted?

11. BowenQ

BowenQ Member

Screenshot_2017-06-06-13-00-20.png Screenshot_2017-06-06-13-00-20.png How do u guys explain these two photos? I'm an enforcer, and did less damage, but got more stars.

Attached Files:

ThirstySeal likes this.
  12. BowenQ

BowenQ Member

Screenshot_2017-06-06-13-16-02.png And this one too. I died before the match over.

13. Miathan

@BowenQ you probably got more contribution because of yellow items that you used. The real question is why Ewiktus got 3 stars, because shooters don't have yellow items and he got less damage (and fewer kills) than the top shooter, which got 2 stars.

14. Kitterini

Try reading your evidence of admission :) I'll help: "damage, healing and much more".

Having said that, after 4k battles I still dont understand the logic behind Fixer stars. The games that give 3stars always come as a surprise and some of my 'best' games have gotten me 1star.
    In average I think Fixers are fairly good at farming stars, often getting 1 for defeats and almost always 2 for wins.

15. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

You need to read it again. All it says is "ave contribution" this means damage. You cannot have an average healing when youre the only one

16. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

I got almost 7k healing with a mk3 fixer and got one damn star. Its all about damage
    Healing doesnt have anyrhing to do with it

17. Kitterini

All about damage!
    IMG_20170606_215824.jpg

18. Miathan

Since you obviously don't get it, let me explain:

Average contribution means average contribution. Not average damage. Damage is converted to some numerical value. So is healing, so are stuns, so is everything else that goes into contribution (note that noone knows exactly which things count, because the devs intentionally keep that secret). These are added up to form someone's contribution number. Then, the average is calculated of everyone's contribution number. Then, stars are calculated based on that. Like evidence in this very thread can show you, healing, yellow item use and another unknown thing can more than compensate for a lower damage output.

19. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

since you seem to know everything about everything, riddle me this, why do I play a fixer 90% of the time and come out with 2 stars?

20. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Woah Edward Nigma, slow done