1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Live battle spectator mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by FearsomeChicken, 7 Apr 2018.

?

Would you be excited with live battle spectating?

1. Hell yes!

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Meh...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Are you tired of constantly farming and playing, and just want to sit back and relax? Can't get enough of battle bay, but its dinner time? Introducing live battle spectator mode! This mode allows you to watch live battles as they happen, right from your friends' list!

Spectate battles from your guildmate/friend's point of view, see how they play their build in real time, without the hassle of depending on the odd shared replays (we all know the shared replays are cherry picked, don't we:D). Cheer your friends as they battle, let them know someone is supporting them by clicking on the 'cheer' button. You might even share your thoughts on how to improve their skills after the battle is over, or ask them how they played so well and learn a thing or two about the next boat / weapon you'd want to switch over.

This is battle bay TV, but in real time!;)

Edit 1: Live battle spectating should be in your friend's live view, so you'll be able to see their aiming reticle and see how they lead their shots (suggested by @Neptune_Gaming)

Edit 2 : Spectators should not be able to rotate the view of their friends ship, to prevent possible abuse of alerting the said friend of incoming danger from their blindspot via voicechat softwares (suggested by @Rango8)

Last edited: 8 Apr 2018
  2. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

Can we have it in their live view not in replay mode?So we can see how they lead their shots

Nikkie! and FearsomeChicken like this.
  3. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Shoot Napalms into the sky when you cheer someone :p

4. Neptune_Gaming

haha too op

TheFixer27 likes this.
  5. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Distract everyone in the battlefield to look at all the beautiful fireworks!! :p

6. Neptune_Gaming

lol actually,
    devs can we have that!!!!
    it wont dmg anyone , just the napalm's flames will show the guildmate/ friend's name in the sky covered with flames
    Sorry to disturb but @The Grim Repair ....
    let it be attached to the ceiling . It would look dope and would give your teammate fighting spirit

7. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Yeah.I was also thinking about this new live spectator mode.It would be so cool,isn't it guys?

@TheAntiSnipe,@CaffeinatedChris,@PastelPiku,@HARPO!,@StrictSalmon307,@Riddlerpaji,@CoolDownHSNA,@Hokuse,@wreck your day,@Help I Cant Swim,@LimeOnMars,@Mr. Chompers,@The Grim Repair or anyone else,what do u think about this live spectator mode?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;););)

Nikkie!, HARPO! and FearsomeChicken like this.
  8. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

You mentioned me!! :oops::rolleyes::D

Nikkie! likes this.
  9. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I was thinking of this. Just never made the thread.

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Thanks for the mention! I actually hadn't seen this!

100% support!

Nikkie! and FearsomeChicken like this.
  11. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support and votes guys! So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive, 100% votes towards being excited about this feature:eek: I predict ingame activity would increase alot if this is implemented. Since the battle bay replay has already been coded, live battle spectating shouldn't be too hard to code, probably just need to modify something here and there.

@Miika, @Zeus, @Pinecone, @Stebbi, @KilledWhale, @Cannonfodder

12. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

The only problem with live battle spectating is voice chat. So you should only be able to view your friends ship and not be able to spin the camera yourself.

13. Someone

Someone New Member

Also you shouldn't be able to see from the enemy team's perspective while live spectating

FearsomeChicken likes this.