1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Leading your shots really is almost a dead art in this game, huh?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flipscuba, 6 Apr 2018.

1. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

I am a mostly f2p player, with nothing but rares and none of those above lvl 40. I also play Defender. Yet, I steadily keep climbing in infamy, now being solidly into low 3k. I'm constantly matched up with and against people with level 40-50 epic weapons and gear and a LOT of legendary stuff sprinkled in. Lately, whenever I die I just pay close attention to my allies and enemies, and it is amazing how bad 80-90% of them are at aiming. They literally just use auto aim, tap the button to fire, and at BEST catch the person they are aiming at with the very edge of their explosion, until the person they are trying to hit gets too close, or runs into an obstacle. But, because they are using either high level epics or legendaries, even catching the edge, or hitting once out of 8 shots, they still do 7-900 per "hit". Unfortunately for me the Defender player, the only people who really pay attention to their aiming seems to be the torpedo users.

Anyways, this doesn't really have much of a point except to say it's shocking how little effort people put into one of the core mechanics of the game (hitting your shots to do damage).

TheAntiSnipe and Fluid Bait like this.
  2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Nothing you can do about it :/
    Btw, what's your player tag? I'm around your infamy level, we can totally fleet sometime!

3. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

I use two ex canons and you HAVE to lead your shots with those or you won't hit squat. What you are describing could be a case of ping lag so they think they are leading but not by enough. Or they could be relying on the new Predictive Vertical aiming which I immediately turned off. I'm sure we have all had that unfriend disappear RIGHT before they are in view and your aiming reticle goes haywire right as they SUDDENLY pop back in to view. It's tough to tell exactly what is going on when spectating because you can't account for all of the factors that determine their aiming. This by no means defends the vast pool of poor players in this game, but rather gives you something to consider outside of believing that everyone is bad at aiming.

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I think it has to do with mortars. I've noticed the same thing but if you watch close, those same captains can hit their targets with a blast cannon. I don't think it's that they can't lead the target. I think they're just too lazy too in a lot of cases and the big ol' mortar ring gives them a psychological excuse.

Flipscuba likes this.
  5. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    it's simple , they're just noob , need more practise and lot of experience to make a leading shoot

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I see this happen a lot, and before thinking about these guys having stormtrooper aim, I leave the margin of error of them playing their first match of the day, or just making assumptions that went horribly wrong.

But it is obvious SOME of them cannot hit the broad side of a barn. The scouting runs I make as a speeder are hilarious.

7. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

8. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Your team:Shoots Ex cannon,blast,mortars and torps at Speeder miles away with NO lead
    Enemy team:Always hit no matter what weapon

craz„burd and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. Kaletheshavage

Kaletheshavage Member

Same defender user here have to lead with my std cannon in order to hit speeders behind waves

10. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

What the hell???

11. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

...?