1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic turbo 49,99 dollar? This cannot be right, right?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Flint, 5 Apr 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Devs,

Since one of the latest updates we get nice offers once and a while. But the weird thing is that a new player gets better offers than players who have been playing for most! Now that cannot be right, right?

Newbies get offers of 4,99 for an epic blast cannon, rare shield and a couple of epic chests. And sometimes the offer is 9,99 dollar for someone with a mk2. BUT if you have a mk4, then suddenly you get an offer for epics which will set you back 49,99 dollar. So, for just 1 item you pay 10 times more.

Most people want to spend some money in the game, as do I, even if it is only to support Rovio to make these great games. But noone, okay maybe a kid of an multi-billionair oligarch, but most other mortals are not spending 50 dollars on an epic turbo. Make it 5 dollar and I would and many others with me.

Strange thing is I got offered these same things for 4,99 dollar before the update, while I already had an mk4. So, I assume it is a mistake.

Epic Turbo.jpg Explosive cannon.jpg

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  2. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    'Cause it's easier to milk an old cow than a calf

#CK and Kitterini like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    What it supposedly does is evolve your item automatically even if you haven’t trained the captain to the needed level to evolve yet. Still a ripoff tho imo xD

4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I checked the accounts of family and it is obvious, the higher mk you get, the higher the prices.

One just started and got offers of 4,99 with his mk1 and another friend just reach mk2, got offers of 9,99 dollar. And I have a mk4 and have to pay 49,99 dollar for just one thing in comparing to 3 epic items for them and 5 or 8 epic chests.

If that is how you treat your customers, then these customers walk away or just don't spend any more money on the game. People don't like to get ripped off.

For 50 dollar I can buy one or more entire games for my PC!

5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I saw a thread where someone bought this pack with epic turbo and it didn't evolve automatically, just came with turbo even though it was the same name.

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Really? That's a slap in the face to those who take months to train up, gather copies, parts, etc... but it's also not much different than allowing low-levels to run Legendaries I suppose. Rovio likes the P2W model.

7. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I mean if you’re willing to pay $50 to bypass the training I think they deserve it. Besides, you could just spend pearls to speed up training

8. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm sure Rovio thought about these prices carefully. It's not the kind of thing a company does casually. The only thing I can assume is this is the freemium model in the age of income inequality. There's little point in going for microtransactions when people will drop 60 bucks on one item that isn't even that big of an upgrade. In theory you could buy 4 of these though plus a blast cannon and all together you'd have something. That's just a bit rich for my blood.

Well, I've given Rovio $6.99 and that isn't going to pay the bills. Someone's gotta pay and presumably when someone shells out whatever it takes for duplicate legendaries they expect some serious advantage. I just assume that the upper bracket is not for F2P players so the fact that I'll forever be somewhere below top 100 doesn't faze me.

wreck your day and #CK like this.
  9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with mk, it has to do with previous spending.

The initial offer is there to get f2p players accustomed to spending $, afterwards its time to milk!

ThatOnion and #CK like this.
  10. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

No it doesn't.

11. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    it is normal , F2P gets better offer cause they haven't spend a single cent on the game , they just play with patience , get some pearl from battle and use it up wisely

12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Not true, just the lower your ship, the better offers. I had bought a pearl diver with one mk2 account and still get good offers, but with mk4 and upwards it is just completely different!

Every company knows you should treat your long term customers better to keep them in. If you charge 10 - 20X more for regular customers, than with new ones, as is the case now, then nobody is going to spend a dime anymore.

13. envylife

That's because you purchased not because of your MK level. For example, everyone gets the initial offer of pearl diver + box + BC for $5, but if that isn't purchased, that offer keeps going up. Once you buy it, you are now a customer and you get normal offers.

#CK likes this.
  14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

That is not true, because I bought a package which was on offer for my mk2 account and on that same account I still get 4.99 and 9.99 dollar offers, but with my mk4 I get 29.99 and 49.99 dollar offers.

I like the offers btw, but 49.99 for an epic turbo is just over the top, that is my point. I don't mind a newbie gets a welcome offer, but the difference is just to big, that is my problem.

This is the offer I get with my mk2, with which I already bought an another package, so it comes down to how far you have progressed in the game:

Prijs.jpg

15. envylife

You may be right. At one point there was a common complaint that offers would always be at or more than your highest purchase, and while that may have been addressed, most of the offers I see are $30-$100 even though $4.99 was the most I've ever paid (the newbie offer). I'm still mystified at the difference between the $50 epic turbo and the $30 epic turbo + epic tesla + epic shield offer. If there is actually a difference it's not explained, at all, and these forums confirm the confusion.

16. Someone

Someone New Member

They do it to attract the spoiled people trying out the game who always spend money in the first few mins

#CK likes this.