1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Server Update 01.06.17] Changes to draws and leagues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 1 Jun 2017.

1. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Changes don't work. My place in the league still depends on my current infamy, not the highest

Killertee likes this.
  2. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    If it is effective now, it is not posting in the league.

3. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    We will put it into effect today :)

hotwap and Totoro like this.
  4. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Awesome! Thanks for the update.

5. The War Net

The War Net Member

Just want to get clarification on something here. The highest infamy you attain will be utilized for your placement into a league for the following season. However, the infamy you are currently at will be used for your ranking in the league. So lets say you reach 2301 Infamy, that means next season you will be placed in Ace League, but then you decide to drop down to 1793. Ok, you still get placed into Ace League the following season, HOWEVER, your ranking will still be based off of your current infamy at the time the season ends.

Am I missing something here? Pretty sure that's what you guys said in the original message. At least that's the way I read it.

6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

You're missing about half of it.
    The highest infamy that you manage to build up over the 2 week season will be used to rank you, for league rewards as well as league placement. Easy peasy.

7. The War Net

The War Net Member

That cant be accurate. Otherwise I'd still be number 1 in my league because of the infamy I climbed to after the league started. Top in my league at 2040, I climbed to 2090 before going on a losing streak last night, now I'm 93rd in my league with an infamy of 18something. So that is not correct in regards to league rewards.

8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

It didnt come into effect until late this afternoon.

9. The War Net

The War Net Member

Yes, and I'm referring to right now. So those changes dont keep me at number 1 in my league. I just lost a battle and still dropped on league placement. Won a battle after that and went back up on the league placement, lost again, back down the league placement. Hence why I am saying I think its only going to be used for placing you into a league, and not for league ladder placement.

10. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    My league page shows my highest score achieved, not the last score after my last battle (unless it is now the highest). I am placed according to highest achieved score not a lower current score. It is working for me for the past couple of hours, and the league page displays as they said.

Maybe you have to reload?

11. Amur

Amur New Member

And what about Ace 2,3 ?

12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Ace1 turned into 3000-3999, im guessing ace2+3 remains unchanged.

Atleast Ace1 also kept the same rewards, too bad for any previous low nightmare players (and ace1's who have zero chance of breaking top10 after the influx of nightmare players).
    Usual freemium logic would be to allow people to catch up over time, not moving the goal posts further away while the rich get richer. Oh well, suppose any hope of catching up died in the rng item patch anyway ;)

13. GenkiGamers

GenkiGamers Member

Yup, Ace 3: 2300 - 2599, Ace 2: 2600 - 2999

14. Gloryah

Gloryah Member

This is why the new "draw" rules are not a good thing.
    robin45 and I had a very good battle going when the timer ran down. But it just so happened that the other team had some dipstick who didn't fire a shot...didn't even move away from the spawn point. So...because they had two players left and my team only had one, my team suffered "DEFEAT! BY TOTAL DESTRUCTION!". BS!!
    (and I lost Infamy)

[​IMG]

ThirstySeal likes this.
  15. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    A healer not firing is not unusual. But if he didn't participate , the other side did exceptionally well with just four. I do think the healer participated in some way however based on the damage stats.

I wasn't there...and you have a right to your opinion!

16. Gloryah

Gloryah Member

At the end, it was just the other Defender and myself...both lots of health. The Fixer wasn't anywhere around.
    But yeah...it was a good battle. Too bad the timer ran out. I MIGHT have killed that Defender...and won or at least gotten a real draw instead of a loss.

17. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

DISCLAIMER: I can't read. As a result, this post is a little more like a compilation of key points rather than a completely authentic post... I added the names of the players who had already suggested ideas I have mentioned in this post. Sorry guys.

It's even worse when 2 boats at health that doesn't even equate to half of your own run away and get a full win when one cannon shot to each would have gotten you the win.

There are cons to both, but I'd rather deal with a draw against 2 Speeders running away than them get a full win for running away. Even if the Speeder evaded 4 players hunting for him and got a draw, he's the mouse that escaped the 4 cats. Fine. Draw. This has been discussed in length by various players on page 1.

If that causes too many broken iPhones, there are some other ways you could try to at least mitigate this issue while keeping draw mechanics as they were:
    1. When there is one person remaining on a team, make them visible at all times on the map, regardless of game time expiration. This way you don't search the wrong side of the map as a Defender when the last guy is DC'd/floating at team spawn. Turns out Mumba mentioned this on page 4 and was countered with an argument about the efficacy of bandages and the need to hide to fully utilize them.

2. The team with more collective HP wins (Fixers might be a problem, but just throwing it out there).

3. If a player has been damaged in the last X seconds, the game enters overtime until such a time where he has not been damaged for X seconds. This might allow a Fixer and a friend on the opposing team to drag out a match indefinitely... I don't have any ideas for countering that. Pfft... Humans. Breeding cynicism since uh, when was the first record of written* language again? Edited to add: Maybe healing could be disabled during overtime. Better run Fixer (which includes me)! Edited again to add: Whoopsiedaisy, after reading back a little a second time I noticed @SleazyP.Martini posted something very similar on page 5. Didn't mean to plagiarize you mate, sorry. :<

4. Sudden death where the next hit wins in a small circle map with minimal cover? 30 second timer? At this point I'm grasping at straws.

5. You could capture...
    "BUT WHAT IF," you inquire, "THE TIMER RUNS OUT WHILE YOU CAPTURE THE BLIMEY POINT?!"
    I'm glad you (didn't really) ask such a question...
    5b. When only 2 people remaining, capture speed could accelerate exponentially as the clock counts down. This will make resetting the counter once and being safe for the rest of the game impossible, as it will just count faster after you have done so.

5c. Enter overtime as long as the capture point is above 0%. If it resets, it's still a draw.

5d. If more than one team member is on the capture point at match end, they win automatically.

These are just some ideas, and I understand they have flaws, but obviously people don't like the old draw system, and others argue the new draw system is just as bad or, in my opinion, even worse. I hope we can give the capture point some reason to still be around...

*Spoken language not admissible. =P

Last edited: 9 Jun 2017
  18. guykakin

guykakin Member

Congrats on global launch but there has been an influx of p2w players. Perhaps part of matchmaking algo could consider even distribution of players with legendary weapons... So one team doesn't get 3 players w legendaries and the other team 0... I'm starting to have flashbacks of the OP RG days

19. hotwap

hotwap New Member

dear sir, please do something to remember googleplay account id. every time i open the game its asking me to select the id. please make the game to remember the account selection. thus we can save time :| game already initializing very slow this account selection making it further delay to enter the game.

20. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Still Losing Infamy when the match is draw...See in the image below.

Attached Files: