1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Crit Hit Questions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Circusham, 5 Jun 2017.

1. Circusham

Circusham New Member

Everyone talks about crit hits, but I still cannot find anything that tells me what a critical hit actually does. Instant kill? 50% damage to hit points?

Also, if you add a critical hit perk to a weapon that does not list any critical hit percentage, like expolsive cannon, it does not show any critical hit improvement/chance afterwards. Does that mean the perk does nothing? How can you tell what the new crit chance is after the perk?

Thank you so much.

2. oDDD

oDDD Member

Pretty sure its 2x the weapons damage. Sniper rifle hit for 250dmg? Your crit will be 500dmg. Crit chances are displayed in Weapon info. It will change the % when you apply a perk. Make sure the perk isnt CRITICAL DMG as that wobt affect the crit %

3. Jelly

Jelly New Member

Here's an example.
    Without perks
    [​IMG]
    With 2.5% crit dmg perk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also have a 10% crit dmg perk
    [​IMG]
    Which doesn't seem to work . Any reason as to why?
    [​IMG]

4. oDDD

oDDD Member

Critical hit DAMAGE wont show in stats. But example. Say without 10% critical hit dmg perk you hit for 250. Making crits 500. Add the perk then when you crit you will do 525. Thats where you will see the perk effect. N
    Only CRITICAL % CHANCE will show in stats.

5. oDDD

oDDD Member

Ypur first 2.5% is NOT CRIT DAMAGE PERK like you say. It is CRITICAL CHANCE PERK.

6. Jelly

Jelly New Member

Oh ok. Thank you! I never noticed the "chance" part on the 2.5%

7. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Also, there is no definite sniper crit damage. It depends on your crew training and perks. According to my estimation, sniper crit hits will do around +100% dmg (double damage). The maximum damage for a sniper crit would perhaps be around +200% dmg (triple damage), and the maximum crit chance you can get (also with perks) is 45% crit.

8. SaltBae

SaltBae New Member

Explosive cannon, standard cannon, blast cannon all have 1% default crit chance, even if it doesnt show, just add it up urself (they can all crit)

Travi5 likes this.
  9. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Critical hits just mean you get a damage boost for that lucky shot

10. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Hes talking about the effect of the crit
    How.much damage. Yes. You can clearly see crit percent.chance but it doesn't tell uou howuch more dmg

11. SaltBae

SaltBae New Member

Thats the first part of the question which was already answered by others

12. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Even though it obviously should.

13. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Do we need to know the exact percentage? You can just land a critical to see it's double damage, and any crew training or perk buffs seem to be additive so you can just add up the numbers in your head. Based off criticals I've gotten with a Blast, I think armor is applied after critical is applied (the difference between 300 - 20 x 2 and 300 x 2 - 20).

Assuming it's a flat double damage for every weapon that is capable of crits, which it definitely seems to be, that would make Snipers crit for 150% damage if it takes both crew buffs. Plus perk buffs, but I'm not aware of any perks that would be able to buff that by an extra 50%.