1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Why is the sniper cannon balanced?!?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by kurdish bndo, 1 Apr 2018.

?

Should sniper cannon be nerfed ?

1. No

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. No, and stop making threads about it

59 vote(s)
    58.4%
  3. Yes

24 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Yes, but just reduce its range

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. No, because I use it and other players don't want it to be nerfed, but it is OP

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. I'm a troll and just wanna have fun, you guys go on

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Guys, I can keep this thread alive IF you aren't rude to each other. Otherwise, y'know...

2. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Why don't you say something similar to the comparison posted by @A55A51N (not made by him)? You can find as much flaws in that analysis as the one I made and you can add as many real battle situations as you like into that analysis too to question it

3. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

You can say that for sniper Cannon too but they will be in sniper cannon range before being in blast cannon range

4. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Yea so I’m not taking anything away from the sniper user. For blast, I’m taking away 18 secs from them to let them move within shooting range, which, with a yellow boat, the time can actually be shorter.

5. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

Hey your numbers are based off speculation not formulas.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2018
  6. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Thanks, i made this a few months ago. And yes, this doesn’t take into account every possible variable. No analysis can.
    Really the only thing i can think of to add to this (not considering moving boats or accuracy because those are impossible to measure) is perks. Sniper’s performance is boosted by perks much more than blasts. In my comparison, sniper only has 2 perks. If we add 2 more, sniper has 15% more chance of critting, while blast gets ”only” a 16% damage boost. And when you get to t4 epic, sniper’s damage is already bigger, so crits deal even more damage. I don’t have all the necessary stats, so i only did basic epic t1 items.

Also, Bhurt’s cannon range talents give sniper more range than blast, because of its higher base range. Meaning if you do the shot at sniper’s max range, with talents the difference is bigger to blast’s max range and blast gets to its range much later.

And i think that we all can agree that the qualities we can’t analyse (easiness of aiming, countering etc.) all go in favor of sniper.

7. TheAntiSnipe

Okay?

Lil_Torta likes this.
  8. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

They don’t Deal the same damage. Blast canon out damages it. Only reason Sniper is worth it though is the fact you can shoot off from a further range if needed. Resulting in a more well rounded weapon loadout but of course with the cost of less damage output. “Sniper and Blast Canon DO NOT DEAL THE SAME DAMAGE, get that out of your head” with my current perks & talents available if I switched over to blast Canons, I’d easily double my damage output per match with Blast Canons. But I lack the Canons...
    My Lvl 40 Sniper currenty deals 1200 Per Crit which is about 1/3 Shots. When it’s not Crit’ing which is the other 2/3 shots it deals 533 damage.
    My Only Blast Canon can Deal 1200 Per Shot but if I equipped my Fire Bonus perks on it, guess what it can deal 1800 Per Shot. How’s that equal damage output?

9. TheAntiSnipe

Once you get the hang of positioning yourself, blast cannons are beasts. Ask me, I'm a huge fan of the blasty(used it even when excannon+flare was meta).
    Screenshot_2018-04-02-17-00-34-531_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    When my aim is good, I rain down consistent hell(2400+800 in a burst) on ANY target(even speeders are no problem). When not, it's GGs.

Use the blast, because of the challenges it offers. Sure it's satisfying to play long range, but the feeling of raw power you get when holding your ground with your blasts cooled down on a hapless enemy... Pure love;)

10. TheAntiSnipe

What level blast do you run??? That's crazyy!

11. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

13F931A0-A4D5-4583-A752-995A085D0CF7.png
    I really want to run your loadout someday. I just wasn’t blessed with enough Blasts yet....but I definitely really do like my loadout. I like that it’s flexible for different situations. However I really do look forward to the day I can just rain down DPS like that. People way over estimate the Sniper Canon. It’s not nearly as lethal as Blast Canons when in the right hands.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

181A4E91-9408-48EE-9FAC-F5CF1A2C0207.png 26094E62-023C-4BA7-8E07-E6FC83DECC46.png
    Dude the Fire Perks I have on my Standard Canon would be insane on a Blast Canon. They give 12% & 9% Bonus Damage if they are on fire. That’s without the additional Bonus damage from the Crew Trainings.

13. TheAntiSnipe

That's the truth. Blasts have their zone of effectiveness, snipes have their own. You can play long range all day, but when a blast user sneaks up on you, you can only pray to RNGesus for a lucky crit, which by the way wont hit, because yellow ships are the biggest blast users, and we have sparkly boiz(tesla shields;))

Lil_Torta likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

Well, I get +46% in all, so to get above 1500 in burner damage, you would prolly need an epic t4 or higher. I still have to unlock a coupla trainings tho.

15. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

Yea I’m definitely saying at Lvl 50. I got lvl 40 on my Sniper pretty easily. I imagine it prolly really hard to get to 50 though.

16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

There is actually no speculation involved. The weapons’ stats are a known value, and all accuracies between 0% and 100% are viable. I picked two as an example to show that Blast isn’t nesessarily more reliable: it depends on accuracy.

You don’t have to go with 95% vs 60%. You can pick any two numbers, and you will always arrive at the same result: which is that Blast needs to be around 75% as accurate as Sniper in order to break even (at short range). This is based on the weapons’ known stats, not speculation.

17. TheAntiSnipe

Have you considered the fact that accuracy is deemed necessary to even use a blast cannon? A blast cannon user is more accurate because of the fact that he values the shot he's gonna fire. It's all psychological. If you have a weapon that needs very little skill to aim, you won't aim well with it, and you won't try to learn how to aim either. The blast cannon necessitates aiming well, making blast cannon users among the sharpest on the bay.

18. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Buff base damage.
    Nerf crit damage.

19. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

If you save shots for the right moment, and spend more time aiming, then your accuracy will go up, but your DPS will go down. Which still requires lower accuracy weapons to have higher damage (thus higher DPS) in order to compensate.

20. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Oh I thought you only copied it somewhere but didn’t know you made it.

Look, I’m more of taking a neutral stance on this sniper/blast discussion. If the devs have already looked into the data and they think nothing is broken, why are we keep arguing whether the sniper should be nerfed? What we are discussing now is how a single sniper or blast cannon works but in actual gameplay it’s more complex.

Yes sniper is useful and an all-round weapon for both short and long range, but it has its weakness too. On top of its RNG based damage output, you can’t work much around it as you’re basically going to load it with all crit chance perks (since fire perks isn’t as effective with its low base damage) whereas for blast cannon you can use fire perks (if you use flare gun or FB) or you can go all damage perks or even crit chance perks. What I’m saying is, we don’t just bring a single weapon into battle, right? It’s more of building a setup in which the weapons and items have synergy and suit your playstyle.

The global top 20 players, don’t you think they can build almost any weapon that they like? But most of the enfos are using blast cannons because it works better than sniper with their playstyle.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.