1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Carronade

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 8 Mar 2018.

1. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Frost stun is what he meant

2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I respect that response becasue defenders did get a hugen nerf. I did not know that’s caronade got a damage buff. It is very powerful already agreed. I’m just trying to think of ways to bring back frost torp.

3. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I don't agree that it is balanced. The purpose of carronade is to deal high damage within seconds. Defense is a huge counteract against carronades. It can't do jack against anything. Also you need to get close to utilise it, it is a very hard weapon to use as it is very situational. You can barely get close to your enemies as the speeder may be fast but you can get deleted because of low health and you have only two weapons on speeder. So one weapon is the carronade and you can't use it, meaning it becomes an unreliable weapon and you have to use one other weapon to deal damage.

PastelPiku, Hokuse and HARPO! like this.
  4. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    And keep in mind, last buff only gave carronade a range buff. Yet still an unreliable weapon.

PastelPiku likes this.
  5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    lol it was a joke. That'd be horrendous!

6. NathanTew

NathanTew New Member

Hey, I was thinking exactly the same thing. (Before I start please don’t dismiss me for being a new member, it’s just that I’ve been playing for a good while but haven’t created a forum account)

But first, let me just point out that the slowing effect on the Carronade is LITERALLY useless now. Let’s look at what it can possibly be used for:

1. Extra damage? Nah. It doesn’t freeze enemies.
    2. Easier targets is the only thing left. But that’s also not a thing. Why?

At its current state, the slowing effect of he carronade lasts for a pitiful 3 seconds. With the global cool down of all items at 2 seconds, that leaves you with less than 1 second to even make use of the slowing effect. Weapons like torpedoes, mortars and grenades definitely wouldn’t have enough one to even land before the slowing effect wears off. As for any other weapons, they don’t need any help hitting targets at close range anyway.

Instead of 3 seconds, I was thinking that it could be increased to 4 to 5 seconds to allow it to be any use at all.

Furthermore, as many people have brought up, the slowing effect doesn’t seem to work as intended. The 30% slow feels more like 5%. Maybe it’s a simple glitch, but whatever it is, fixing the cool down effect will drastically improve the viability of the weapon.

Finally, even with all these changes , the weapon’s slowing effect still only slows down targets mildly. Even a rare Tier 1 frost blaster would do a better job, plus it also provides extra damage with the right perks. As such, if the slowing effect can be made to also provide some sort of damage buff, then the carronade can be paired really well with a big torpedo or grenade launcher.

In conclusion, with these small changes, the carronade will become a sort of toned-down pseudo Frost Blaster. It won’t be overpowered as it will have minuscule range compared to the Frost Blaster, making it only suitable for close range usage; it’s slowing effect is pretty weak and short-lived, and the damage bonus might also be decreased.

Really hope this gets to the devs. On an separate note, how do we know if a dev sees our suggestion?

HARPO!, Neptune_Gaming and PastelPiku like this.
  7. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Seems to me close range enforcers with carronade and double grenade might be OP. Currently the slow for when you hit enemy with carro for enemy not to move away while you waiting global cooldown not for using like frost items. If you using carro for defensive reasons against yellow ships for obstruct them escape, again carro's slow not for you but your team. Increase the slow duration can slaughter yellows in my opinion because slow isn't that less. Also i using carro for its damage so im not imterested in a damage reduction :oops:.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2018
    PastelPiku and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  8. PastelPiku

Security
    I think the slow just needs to be a little stronger. I barely feel it when a carronader hits my speeder.

Hokuse likes this.
  9. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    I would much rather have a longer range and no slowing effect. Infact when I use it on speeder I dont even train the slowing effect as I need speed on my speeder. Even a small buff to range and maybe 8 projectiles so at that distance atleast more than projectile hits.

Or to truly make it OP, take off the freeze effect, same range but let it get a damage boost from flare. A carronade is just a multi-projectile cannon, it should get a bonus. This means that it would actually be worth getting in close to hit, as a lot of the times u get get hit back at that range. If this is too OP, just make the perks weak. So an epic one only gives u like 7 percent bonus compared to like the cannon burn perks at somewhere around 13 percent.

10. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Heck lol, just make it long enough so I can get into away into minimal torp distance and be able to hit the ship with the frost intact.

11. NathanTew

NathanTew New Member

Hey, thanks for replying.

Firstly, you mentioned double nade launcher on enforcer might be OP. However, wouldn’t that would mean that you’ll be completely limited to super close range fights to make use of the carro? Without a speeder’s agility to get in quickly, you’ll likely be shredded by the rest of the team before you can do much at that range. Furthermore, IMO I doubt buffing the carro would be what makes that particular build OP. Like a triple nade launcher with a frost blaster would be even better right?

Secondly, good point about the carro being for the team, I didn’t consider that before. Furthermore, you said increasing the slow effect duration would kill yellows bcos the slow effect isn’t that little. But virtually everyone here on the forum is saying that the slowing effect is hardly noticeable.

Tldr the carro shouldn’t get too OP just with a few buffs for the slowing effect.

Hokuse and PastelPiku like this.
  12. NathanTew

NathanTew New Member

Yeah lol that’s kinda the idea here, maybe around 4-4.5 seconds should be enough to land ONE shot.

PastelPiku likes this.
  13. NathanTew

NathanTew New Member

You said to take away the slowing effect completely, but isn’t that kinda dependent on ur loadout? Maybe you don’t use any slow projectile weapons, but for me I use a big torp so it would be really neat if I could combo the carro and big torp.

As for the fire perk part, I honestly don’t see why they made cannons and carros a separate class lol. Like now the only perk for carros is +7 or +9 damage for the rare and epic perks. Kinda hard to get a few duplicates of and kinda boring compared to the cannon perks lol.

14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'd run carro blast any day if I had a good carro xD. The slow effect helps duellists.

PastelPiku likes this.
  15. PastelPiku

Security
    Once you start asking for more range you're basically saying you'd rather just have a cannon. If you don't like the short range, use something else. With enough talents and maybe perks, the carronade already has decent range, considering its primary uses.

8 projectiles would be pretty neat, tho.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Yes slow of carro isn't much powerful but still can be feeling. You are right slow strength may have a buff but strength and duration together seems too powerful to me.

PastelPiku and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  17. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    i use big torp too but the slowing effect is notthat good, I might as well use an uncommon frost blaster

18. PastelPiku

Security
    I think the only buff it needs is the slow strength. The whole point of the carronade is to totally ruin a speeder's hit and run tactics, causing them to be overexposed for like 3 seconds. The slow is so weak that you can typically just get away no problem. The amount of speed you lose from training the carronade should be balanced with a powerful slow.

Hokuse likes this.
  19. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

The very nature of carronade makes it very hard to make it a balanced weapon. It is very good, but only in the right hands and on the right ship. We all know carranade is usless with a shooter, defender, or fixer, and it requires a large amount of skill to play right with the yellow boats. What @kusura bakmayin said is also correct. Many people who run speeder or enforcer are torn between their favorite weapon and the nitro/overboost, which are almost always needed on their ship.

20. PastelPiku

Security
    Considering a shooter can have 4 other weapons, the carronade is a good item to have aside when its needed to protect yourself against close ranged unfriends, like speeders and enforcers. Even @BITTERSTEEL uses one.

What do you think, BiterSteel, does carronade need a buff?

Hokuse likes this.