1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Jumpy/jerky controls (when using both thumb's on android/pixel 2)

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Si..., 8 Jan 2018.

1. Si...

Si... New Member

Whenever I aim and steer at the same time my controls jump all over as you can see in the video. This is a mild to example, it gets much more severe.

http://sendvid.com/8s2olkvw

Neu likes this.
  2. Si...

Si... New Member

No one else had this issue? Any devs around for some advice?

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hang on for a bit. This thread (probably due to the link you added) is not available to everyone else, except mods and MVPs. Other than that, have you tried "sticky controls" from settings?

4. Si...

Si... New Member

I have sticky controls off. You can see from the video, if you have access to it, that the left control jerks and jumps when I'm moving around which is obviously either a bug with the game or an issue with my screen.

I'm not sure how to add a video in an 'allowed' way so that everyone can see this post.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I actually use my target lock very often, it's probably my most spammed button. That helps. Otherwise:

The targeting does sometimes rely on your ship oruientation, I would suggest turning both your ship and turret at the same time.

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    I can see it, and i'm a looong way from being a mvp

7. Neu

Neu Member

I had this similar issue as well since yesterday. I didn't change my device.

8. Si...

Si... New Member

I see people commenting about the targeting system, and while I appreciate that you guys are taking the time out to offer advice, I'm quite aware of the nuances of the game's mechanics. That actual issue which is mildly illustrated in the attached video is that the left controller (the the movement stick) vibrates back and forth, which you can see in the video if you look closely. The problem is often considerably worse than the example and actually stops me turning my ship at all. It's beginning to make the game unplayable.

I have tried other games with a similar control structure to eliminate my phone as the issue and I'm yet to experience the same problem with a other game.

9. Si...

Si... New Member

So should I just create a support ticket then?

10. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I've always had that. But it's only jerking when aiming for some reason.

11. Si...

Si... New Member

Yes, exactly! Only when moving and aiming simultaneously. What device/OS are you using? It could be an android problem.

12. fr4nk1yn

pIXEL 2 xl

13. Si...

Si... New Member

I'm using a pixel 2, that could well be it.

14. fr4nk1yn

This is not a Battle Bay problem exclusively, it might be the phone. I've moved on, after the 2.9 update, to Shadowgun Legends and it has the same jerky response randomly.

15. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

BTW are you doing a torp quest or something>
    This happens to me also very often

16. fr4nk1yn

Android P is slightly better, There's a Xposed module fix for rooted phones.