1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Bugs Discovered - Joystick & Daily Battle Bonuses

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Shvitz McGergen, 27 Mar 2018.

1. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

Hey Battle Bay Makers,

This game just keeps getting better, didnt think it was possible. Since the last update, I noticed a couple things that I thought I'd share to see if anyone else noticed.

1- During gameplay, I started having pretty consistent issues with the joystick. It feels like my ship stops moving entirely in the middle of battle. I think there's an issue where if you drag the joystick beyond a certain range it registers as if you took your finger off it and for some reason it doesnt respond once it resets back into position. I tested joystick sensitivity, which helps, until it completely flips your view (maybe the needs to be a camera max so this doesnt happen). I also tested repositioning the joystick to wherever your finger lands. That's a great add but it doesnt quite address the issue either. The joystick just feels like it becomes sluggish and just stops responding as much. I'm hearing this feedback from my guild as well, so i dont think its a phone issue. I'e lost tons of battle recently where in the middle of a battle or getting chased, my ships just stops and wont move.

2- When I play 3 successive games to start the day, when I go to the homescreen to collect the free daily crates it only shows 2/2 and X's out all three creates. I'm not sure if its giving contents for 1 and just not revealing it or if its skipping it entirely. I noticed this a few times too.

3- I think aiming is the one area that could be improved significantly with a little update. Something I in chat all the time, is how in a scrum, the aim usually targets the ship that is closest in terms of screen real estate, without taking into consideration weapon or game distance. So, if there's a ship 90 degrees to my right and really close, and another ship really far away but 45 degrees to right, the aim should try to pick up the most logical target based on your active weapon instead of location. If I have a sniper canon on, then the long distance shot probably makes more sense in most scenarios. Whereas if I have a carronade, the aim should assume that Im not going for the far away ship, and instead focus on the ship next to me that has a steeper turn. Seems like users have lots of feedback on how aiming works, how it often doesnt find the ship you're trying to hit. I guess that targeting toggle does that but its another button that's pretty tough to use when trying to target one in a group.

4- Ok I'm getting greedy but this one's just an idea. I really like the idea of promoting when you're looking to fleet with your guild, but what about when you're not. It would be nice to have the same option for when you're going solo and not accepting fleet requests.

5- Ok ok one more. It should be harder to oppose a guildmate in a battle, and also easier to be on the same side. Its really cool to be paired with guildmates in a battle, and cooler when 2 pairs of fleet are on the same side, but also really weird when facing each other. By the same token, I dont often see Rival Guilds in battle, I feel like that could add a lot too.

Never thought I'd find a mobile game worth playing for a year... :))))

2. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

#1: Joystick issues: Me too although I haven't been able to pin it down. What I know is that my ship stops moving... usually when I'm in the thick of things which is, of course, bad. To recover I really need to resettle my hands at the corners of my ipad then start touching the controls again. I play with "center joystick to touch" turned on. I should experiment with it off.

#2) Daily Crates: I just saw this although I thought I was hallucinating at the time.

#3) Aiming: I play with sticky targets off and I wish that the game would leave my freakin' reticle alone! I have no idea why anyone in the world would like your targetting site jumping all over the bay in a semi-random fashion but I sure don't. I rely on target lock just to keep the reticle under control. I think of it as nearly guaranteed that whatever target it picks to lock onto is the wrong one.

Chet582 likes this.
  3. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

1.) When joystick mode is Enable..we are unable to cancel the shot.

2.) In crates 3/3 - 2 of them getting only uncommon parts instead of 3 different parts, it is giving only 1 uncommon parts....happens only when we come back from direct battles....

3.) When playing direct battle. unable to know fleet req and msgs..due to that others hurting (Childish mentality ) removing friendship etc...so there should be a way to fix it.

4.) IN Season had ended results - badge is not showing proper upgraded season points - not fixed from last 3 updates.

5.) Fixer Heal should be counted as dmg. Else fixers becoming useless for quests. ( Due to this i tried to play with shooter and lost 900 infamy, and no rewards getting for me now for battle) Should i stop playing quests..? if so guild leader will kick me. i would like to stay in guild for rivalary rewards. what should fixers do now...?

Zviki_SLO likes this.
  4. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Agree with this - sometimes you're online chatting, trolling, upgrading stuff and don't want to fleet, OR you're not fleeting because you're on a losing streak or they're not a great player (usually option 1) :rolleyes:o_O
    I know we can say no......but easier not to have to!

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  5. Zviki_SLO

Zviki_SLO Member

Yeah, aiming bug is so annoying! Sometimes I can't switch to another ship, because it keeps turning me away to another ship. And then I die... Also, when my ship almost stopped! Like there is no turbo on the boat...

6. SeaFlapFlap

SeaFlapFlap New Member

Joystick issue
    In my case, the ship often stops moving and the joystick becomes camera view.
    Previously, the ship stop, the view stayed like nothing happened, but when I moved the joystick, it's the camera view that moved. Recently, the ship stops and the view will move to the top of my ship (like bird view) and when I move the joystick, it's the camera view that moves.
    This is how one become a sitting duck.

Chet582 likes this.
  7. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Nice to hear those lines:):):)

8. SeaFlapFlap

SeaFlapFlap New Member

Is there any explanation about the joystick that's unresponsive or changes view or ship suddenly stops moving?

9. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Pretty much this issue is fixed now! So you don't have to worry anymore!

10. angrywasp

angrywasp New Member

The joystick issue seems to have been swept under the rug and ignored by the devs. I know quite afew people (myself included) have brought it up.

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Oh wait. Sorry. The joystick issue should no longer exist since we now have "dynamic joystick" as an option

12. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

I thought that the problem with the joystick happens due to me.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.