1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I actually got oneshot by a sniper cannon.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by achillesRising, 29 Mar 2018.

1. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

You can keep pushing your narrative that Sniper is OP but a Level 13 Fixer getting one shot by a Level 40 Rare Sniper Cannon is not the best situation to support your argument.

Maybe post another Nerf Sniper thread.

PastelPiku likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s not a narrative, it’s a fact. Look at the clock, 4:28 still left. It’s not right that anyone should be taking over 1000 damage that early in the game, at such a low level, with virtually zero risk to the shooter.

StrictSalmon307 and The Otherguy like this.
  3. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

I know and the thing that hurts the most is because it’s not a chance ..... he can one shot you again if you’re careless.

4. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Again, a Level 13 Fixer getting one shot by a Level 40 Sniper Cannon is uncommon but not surprising if it happens. It really doesn't support your narrative.

I'm not even arguing with you. Why not post another Sniper Nerf thread? Maybe the devs will reply this time :D

Da Carronade King and PastelPiku like this.
  5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I have to agree with @Kalbs on this one. Getting mauled by a pseudo-whale at low infamy doesn't make their weapon OP. The real problem is the fact that you're matched with players that much stronger than you.

6. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

for level 13, u are quite ahead in terms of infamy... just keep grinding bro. at 1k hp, almost any weapon from mk4/mk5s can 1-shot you. try prioritizing hp boosting talents from crew training and get a hold of better shields. or try different boats. fixers are very vulnerable at that level. Good luck

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

T4 rare... He had a 75%ish of a chance to NOT get oneshot, y'know. Just because Murphy's Law applied here doesn't mean it's OP. I agree on that it IS OP. But the SHEER way in which it was used... He got taken out by an assassin speeder who just happened to be the 1% of all speeders: non meta (future railgun) sniper speeder.

PastelPiku and Da Carronade King like this.
  8. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

Op here.
    What a lot of people aren't getting is that from the pictures you can clearly see that I was sort of playing exactly where I should have been in order to stay as safe as possible. If I was a mk 5 with 5k health, it would have been a different story, the problem here is that I get killed for doing pretty much nothing wrong.

9. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Snipers have big range. THe problem is that u should really have more life therefore u should have more hp. Its very hard to find level 13 players at 1100 infamy, maybe if u fleeted with someone at a low mk, u would have easier opposition. With that said, u will fight mk5s a lot and it helps to be atleast mk4.

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Damn I feel you.Back in the old days when railgun haven't been severely nerfed,I used to get one shot by rexrex with epic t3 rg(t4+5 evolution not available at that time)

The Otherguy and PastelPiku like this.
  11. Cozytrendsetter

Cozytrendsetter Member

Any level 40 rare can 1 shot a fixer with this much health.Its absurd matchmaking not sniper cannon is OP.If this was not a crit he would barely have felt it.

PastelPiku likes this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here. You didn’t do anything wrong, the weapon is just stupid.

Snipers basically ruin the whole game. What should be a fun game of tactics and dog-fighting, turns into a terrifying WWI style trench battle, with a desolate no-man’s land in between, where no one dare go.

It’s pretty sad when you can’t even stick your nose out of cover for a half a second, without being instantly decimated by multiple long range crits.

If that’s a ‘mistake’ then there is something seriously wrong with the game.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  13. yellowocean

your hatred for snipers is misplaced my friend... maybe at your level snipers feel OP but when you go higher their huge dependence on RNG (crit) make them quite unreliable.

The Otherguy, Kalbs and PastelPiku like this.
  14. yellowocean

if snipers are OP, devs would have nerfed it already... simple as that...

15. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

What makes you think devs have more knowledge of game?

Disguised likes this.
  16. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

They did. But, that wasn't enough,

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

Well I’m in Ace 1, and in the UK top 100, so if it’s not balanced at my level, then it’s not balanced for 95% of the game.

And ‘unreliable’ is BS, if they are so ‘unreliable’ then why are half the top 50 players running two of them?

Even when you don’t ‘personally’ get a ridiculous crit, snipers are so common than anyone not cowering behind a wall will quickly be shredded by them, crit or not (though one probably will crit).

18. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Agreed, when devs are going to make a balance they need to both look at the statistics and listen to the community too

19. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    The sniper cannon's chip damage is already noticeable enough it doesn't even need to crit,if you add crit mechanism for sniper just to make it like snipers in other shooting game then delete the item

20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Personally, I think it'd make more sense to crit the same way as the other cannons.

Disguised likes this.