1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Enforcers with dual shields (exploit)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Real Baha, 1 Mar 2018.

1. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I'm retracting my concession about exaggerating:
    I'm not saying we see regular enfos are 9 or 10k+. But we do see them and I knew I had seen them in the past. This morning there are at least two Enforcers running around with 9k+, I ran into one this morning with 10,953 hp. Both rocking double bubble, both extraordinarily difficult to kill. Hit an epic T5 bubble with my epic T5 EC (albeit lvl 45) and the bubble didn't break.

*JAWS* likes this.
  2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    IF the duration is to be nerfed, the hp must be buffed severely to compensate (making it a more powerful tool in duels and less powerful for general protection). However, with a shortened duration it should not stun the user when broken.

3. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I want to make a balance Suggestion.

I want it changed so that as long as a Tesla shield is active, No other yellow items can be used.

In order to make this change not one of the biggest nerfs in the game.
    Buff the Tesla shield stats significantly and remove stun on hit.

TheAntiSnipe, PastelPiku and WarCream like this.
  4. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

That's too good miku you're being Nice. Name of this thread is complete bull. You should change it cause this set up has been in the game since beta. Buff the tb and speeder for the counter of ts. Stop asking for nerf numb holes.

Crashedup and Ian like this.
  5. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Balance changes should be made accessible to all boats, I would agree with buffing tesla bolt if all boats had access to it.

PastelPiku likes this.
  6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

A big part of this meta is people reluctant to "waste" a shot to break the shield. As a shooter, I always go for breaking the shield, you will see the enforcers approach immediately change afterwards.

7. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    the only nerf tesla shield needs is a buff to frost, and maybe (but probably not) stun

What's Up Player and PastelPiku like this.
  8. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

One thing need to change about the shield is if you get shot with a shot harder than the shield inside the shield, it should also be broken and stunned. It makes sense that if you get smack in the face with an EC inside the shield, shield should be broken. Torp hit that's more than the shield HP also do the same.

PastelPiku likes this.
  9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I did 10 games as dBl.bubble enforcer this last week. Even after the flare vs tesla shield fix. I learned something that was news to me.
    As an enforcer I was able to arm a tesla shield. And before that tesla shield expired arm the Next tesla shield.

I went 16 straight seconds with tesla x 2 shields up. No breaks.

That's crazy. If this has always been the case for dbl.bubble tesla users. This is a huge advantage. Huge.

Second. Sometimes when players popped my shield didn't get stunned. Is this a bug?

Third. I was able to put a shield on top of a shield. Ie. Arm both on top of each other. That's major OP.

Plus once I went back to Defender. I went to break a tesla dbl. Shield user who armed 2 on top of each other. And I broke only 1 of the shields with flare. Ie. Didnt break both. Again huge.

So....with all this info.

I stand by this statement .... once an enforcrt gets 2 decently powered tesla shield. Tier 3 or higher epics both. U have major advantages over the bay.
    One of my shields was only t3. And still had no issue with getting killed because of it.
    The advantages are still big time for the dbl.bubbles.
    Jaws

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'm a single shield user who never plans on going double bubble at mk6, and I totally agree here. Double bubble is OP. The main reason for it nowadays, tho, is the fact that speeders are now afraid to waste teslabolts on the enemy enforcer due to the cooldown nerf. Due to the excannon cooldown nerf, even shooters have to think twice before shooting one.

These are my thoughts here.

_devill and Ian like this.
  11. Real Baha

Real Baha Member

Yes and more yes. I call it "an in game exploit". It's not breaking the rules, but players are "exploiting" an OP advantage. The leaderboards don't lie and this is why it's SO popular right now. Something must be done to the second shield, if the devs want to leave the power and duration the same then there should be a 3X cooldown between activating two of them. The argument people make of "you have plenty of time to shoot twice after breaking a shield" are full of it. IF you get lucky and break the shield and stun, you have to wait several seconds before you can shoot again. The timing between shots needs buffed or the second shield needs something done with it. It's beyond ridiculous at this point.

*JAWS* likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

We all agree double bubble is OP. It has existed for a long time, but due to the recent buffs to everything else, it's OPness is really being highlighted as it's counters have been CD-nerfed for the most part. However, what can be the best solution here?

*JAWS* and Ian like this.
  13. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Reduce health of TS so a good blast can break it, but then remove 4 second stun. Or reduce it to two.

Make repair bolt remove TS

Idk just ideas

Real Baha likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

No, don't nerf single shields. Most enfos rock t4 and t5 rares which are super weak. Find a nerf for double tesshields.

15. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    But only players with high damage weapons or with low infamy compared to there level could afford to break it without cycling through too many weapons.

16. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Most people don’t have a Tesla shield that can take any decent weapon besides sniper and cannon. I use a single Tesla shield and am in nightmare. It is a lv40 rare (still need more epics) getting this broken is very common. I think that would actually be a buff for players like me. I have played some of the nightmare elites with double Tesla. Playing them is impossible for me as my lv40 epic blast cannot break their shield nor my rare lv47 (material defeciant) carronade. I have to shoot twice to break one, but by then they have shot me twice and put up another shield right after. Playing these people is nearly impossible for me. Yes torpedos are a counter to this, but as another enforcer only Swift is viable. Which unless I have two, won’t be doing much to hurt the other guy. I think the shields should break easier, but not stun for 4 seconds.

17. Real Baha

Real Baha Member

Soooo, my other thread that was titiled "any news of the double bubble exploit fix" was locked and I was told to hijack this thread basically to look for any news of an update.
    So, anyone hear if there's any "fix" coming for the double shield OP? A solution I love would be to NERF ALL TESLA SHIELDS, since there are high HP speeders and enforcers. These boats were not meant to be tanks but that's what they have evolved too.
    But that's just my opinion.

*JAWS* likes this.
  18. Real Baha

Real Baha Member

Yes!

19. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

No solutions from the devs. If that’s what your asking.

Remember enfos and speeders don’t have as much firepower as the true “tanks”

_devill and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  20. Real Baha

Real Baha Member

I agree to the firepower part, enforcers just about have the same firepower but have the yellow slots. But with the available blue slots there are some 10k HP enforcers out there. My MK7 defender has 13k HP so really not much separation there. Granted it's only equipped with a T5 epic and T1 Leg Big Shields, I agree it can be leveled higher. My only point there was with the dual shields and other game changes the Enforcer has turned into a tank. Enforcers recklessly rush in do their damage, equip shield #2 and carry on tanking.

*JAWS* and TheAntiSnipe like this.