1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The latest fail- firebomb duration

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 26 Mar 2018.

1. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Umm why is firebomb hitting for so long at the very edge. One was 16 seconds at the very edge... the other 12 seconds I'm not even in the circle. So basically the latest dev fail is, you can get like 1200 damage from contacting someone at the very edge of your long range circle target.Or 900 damage from not even hitting them at all. Wtf? Why are these devs so bad at balancing this game lol... are they just trolling us at this point?

At about 4:40-4:30 left in match:
    https://replay.battlebay.net/LYPVZDFY#YBJPVMXG

2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Trajectory varies based on wave movements, the circles are not accurate. It is the player dodging the shot who must account for this and Dodge accordingly. Remember, if it is hitting you when u are not in the circle, likewise it should not be able to hit you if you are in the circle as well on the reverse end.

3. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Miku that's a bunch of nonsense.

4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    This is true, and is especially prevalent with grenades, though it happens with everything.
    In this case the FB was coming in on an angle on the back side of a wave, very often mis-predicted. But yet it still looks odd. I think FB still needs a little nerf. (just a tiny one to make up for the miscalculations)
    Not a bunch of nonsense, just truth that hasn't been written out well.

5. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

???????????

6. xxxBISMARCKxxx

A couple things here-
    1) What you're describing- a physics-based change of the area of effect depending on the wave angle when the projectile hits- doesn't happen at all with other mortars.
    2) This would logically also result in a significantly deformed area of effect when the projectile lands in the trough between two waves. The circle would become more of an oval, two sides pinched in and two sides elongated. This doesn't happen.

So basically it sounds like you're making shit up- some kind of Ptolemaic epicycles or something- to describe what happens. It sounds good when you say it but immediately breaks down on the correlaries that should also be true if your proposal is true.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  7. The Otherguy

Tech support
    What I was trying to say was your phone predicted it would land here, and it landed there.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  8. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Forget my phone, how about the replay... I checked it/posted it so nobody could claim it was lag or whatever.

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Great now I feel like using fire bomb

10. The Otherguy

Tech support
    The game see's that someone luanched a Fb, and predicts where it's going, but unfortunately, it's not always right. Sometimes it lands in a trough, or a wave blocks it, changing AoE, but not the shown circle.

11. SupremeCalamitas

Napalm is like a mine- you have to be stupid to run into it.

12. SupremeCalamitas

Which means it barely does any damage. Good luck getting that legendary

13. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Firebomb seems like it hits outside its radius even on flat water, always has..

14. xxxBISMARCKxxx

lol is this some kind of side comment on the fact I was using napalm in that replay? I would never claim napalm is high level meta but I do have like over 4 mil damage with it on my ahievement bar. Which is kind of due to the fact I don't think I have received more than one epic firebomb which would obviously be a stronger weapon. For example with firebomb you can do someone for 1200 damage just barely even getting them on the edge of your circle and if you question it people will come running up with some straight up bullshit to defend it lol...

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  15. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

What was being said was that: right when someone shoots the firebomb the circle that appears does not change with the waves, which makes It an inaccurate prediction, this can make it seem as though it hits out side of its aoe.

The circle that is shown would be a perfect prediction if the bullet had a travel time of zero or if the waves froze right as it was shot.

I doubt that the radius of the aoe circle is incorrect as the coding for it is probably shown straight in the stats window and the circle probably pulls directly from the same coding for aoe.

Also you use defender so your hit box is big, I think it might be bigger that the animations. This might also lend to “being hit outside the aoe”

If the devs know about the firebomb aoe being incorrect and have stated so, I have not seen it. If they know there is a problem with aoe, it would be nice to state it here.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  16. xxxBISMARCKxxx

All the explanations thus far of why it is an "inaccurate prediction" don't hold up to scrutiny. In this case it's clearly not my device, as I linked the replay. If it's some kind of game physics, then we ought to be seeing other things based on such physics (as I noted above) and we don't. Unless firebomb gets its own special physics for ez mode enhancement or whatever.

Last edited: 27 Mar 2018
    Shadow Moon! likes this.
  17. Dirty Boathole

Dirty Boathole Member

I am already at 1.8 million damage...for the sake of reference, my explosive cannon is at 2.5 million and big torpedo is almost at 4 million. I just don't play enough to be higher, but napalm does decent damage while also helping "steer" unfriends into torpedo alleys.

18. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm going to put my oar in the water with a totally fact-free and subjective statement. As a speeder I spend a lot of time at the edge of mortar circles. For whatever reason, Fire Bomb sticks out in my head as "must be FAR away from circle". I've been nailed way too many times for very long burns when I was just at the perimeter of the circle. Rightly or wrongly, I assume anything in the circle is a full damage hit.

What's Up Player likes this.
  19. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I am trying to tell you that it is exactly game physics that makes the circle an inaccurate prediction.

Think of it like this: when the circle is created it is right at the start of the bullet shot. The field of play is constantly changing (waves) so the prediction is created for the time it was shot. Not the time it will land.

The firebomb has an arc to the bullet tragectory. You shoot the bomb so that your circle starts right at the TOP of the wave. The wave moves forward. Thus the circle is now in a lower spot and not on top. This means that the bullet will actually have more flight time as it will not hit the top of the wave, but rather it will be allowed to travel further till it hits the bottom of the wave. The circle is stuck on the same X and Y coordinates, not accounting for any change in the Z dimensions. (Birds eye view) that is why it is an inaccurate prediction.

*JAWS* and Miku Da Yo 39 like this.
  20. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I never even implied that it was your device

The Otherguy likes this.