1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixers: how to survive

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 27 Feb 2018.

1. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

I wish that in every match there was such a shooter!
    it's terrible when your team does not protect you, even when you scream SOS! SOS! Kill the #speedername!
    Fixer is dead at the beginning of the fight - the team will lose most likely.

2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    At the beginning of a match I use the same commands every time when I have a fixer. I say "Help [Fixer]" and "Destroy [Speeder(s)]". This kind of gets everyone's attention just enough that when the speeder(s) appear to attack your fixer your team is a little more prepared for it. Works sometimes, but it seems to help a bit.

3. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

I play as a fixture so at the beginning I give the command:
    help me!
    destroy the speeder!

sometimes even a few emails depending on which of them is more dangerous.
    but for the most part it is almost useless.

4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Best bet when I play as fixer is to follow the highest infamy shooter. Let them know they're the one you're following.

5. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

yes, it works better.
    when you go beyond 2300, then players start to appreciate you more.

PastelPiku likes this.
  6. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Well, I'm currently (or still) playing in the 2100 infamy range. Most people there have understood, that it is important to kill the enemy fixer. But most people don't understand that it is also important to protect your fixer in your own team. So, if both teams have fixers, the initial primary target should be to remove any speeders (or enforcers) sneaking up to your fixer. If this is done or the speeders don't show up, then you can concentrate on going after the enemy fixer.

7. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

As a fixer i defend myself by mining choke-points, possible speeder back entries and cluster on grassy areas. I don't recommend cannon though coz u'll have the tendency of shooting more instead of healing, i use sniper on this. Carronade also works well for defense purposes. Always check the minimap for speeding reds and prepare them mine on the way. Always place your defensive mines on blindspots and hugging walls :) whenever the persistent speeder runs at you, run like hell to your stacked mines.

Last edited: 3 Mar 2018
  8. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

1. Use Tape
    2. Pray that ur teammates protect u.

Disguised likes this.
  9. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

As a fixer, if you want to kill the speeder, learn to not use auto aim. It's so frustrating watching people try to kill a speeder using auto aim. I see it all the time from ace 1 and nightmare boats. Use whatever weapon you're most comfortable with. I do prefer the long cd item as it doesn't distract me from healing as much (carronades are awesome on a fixer too though). If you can learn to anticipate where they're going, sometimes you can nail that yellow @#$@ by yourself. Lol

fragglelator likes this.
  10. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Your gamer tag is familiar. Are you the duct tape fixer? XD

11. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

Lol. You say it like there's only one.

12. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

Ok. So this doesn't relate to speeders, but in relation to what weapon to use. An aoe quirks really well, especially since you'll vs a lot of fixers. 3 fixers vs 3 fixers, will result in tight groups (unless you have 2 speeders). I landed 2 fire bombs on all 5 and one mine for the damage I the attached pic. Think i also nailed a fire bomb on a single target once.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

Hey, say me, please. How to survive agains that speedy .Universe. ?
    battle id #QRNCVBNV

14. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If I notice a speeder attacking our fixer, I will spam ‘destroy xxxxxx’ and move to intercept with my enforcer.

However, a fixers best weapon is the battle commands, tell people when you’re being targeted. Too many fixers try to take down the speeder by themselves. Communication is key.

I know there are some exceptions, and there are some good communicators. But communication is a skill that all players (not just fixers) could do with improving.

15. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

how rarely it works, I would like to more often.

16. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

It may rarely work, but rarely is better than never.
    Any small advantage you can give yourself has to be worth taking.

17. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

Yes, sometimes it works.
    I always try to emphasize that helped to protect, because the fixer itself is quite vulnerable to μ6 (if not selfish).

Sometimes in the group there is a shooter that helps me survive, it's just great, but more often than not there is.