1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Item idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Disguised, 12 Jul 2017.

1. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I had this idea of a yellow item a while ago, and so I decided to make a thread, so I can hear other people's opinion. The item would kind of work like nitro, but instead of giving you a burst of speed, it rotates you 180 degrees really fast. What I mean is that when you would press it, you would be rotated 180 degrees, and now you would be facing the other direction.
    It could be used in situations such as when an unfriendly is attacking you from the back, and you just can't escape or attack the player back because no matter how much you turn or move, he keeps staying behind you(cough, cough. assassin speeders) It would also be useful when dodging shots (like nitro), and when you need to get out of a place (accidentally go into a big open space).
    I don't think this item would be too hard for the developers to make, but I mainly want to know what you guys think of it. :)

2. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Hehe funny idea! Still could be kinda op. Cooldown would have to be high, otherwise speeders can troll other boats way too easily without getting hit and if this item would be available i'd definitely pair it with frost blaster and big torpedo. Freeze enemy, blow past them with overboost, then turn 180 degrees and shoot big torp.
    As i said i like your idea but i think it's too overpowered if you combine it with big torp

3. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Funny idea. Could be used also in an overboost-like item, that increases your turn speeds for 5 seconds or so.

ChickenSurprise likes this.
  4. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Truly an interesting and unique idea! But I feel this might be a little to conditional. Maybe an item that greatly increases turn speed, but all in all I feel overboosts and other yellow items would dominate.

5. Disguised

I considered the "overboost" idea too, but that will probably only be useful for close-combat(as you can escape mortars with just nitro or overboost). Then, the problem is that enforcer has already enough agility rendering the "turn-overboost" item practically useless for the class, in addition to that, fixers won't really need it either as they aren't the firepower of the team(usually), and gear lube would still better for throwing boxes. So in my opinion, the "turn-overboost" item would only be good for the Speeder. Thanks anyways. :)

So true. :p
    I think the cooldown should be around 15s.
    It would be fun to use tough. :)

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

@Torpp Well what I had in mind is something that boosts both ship and weapon turn speeds. I also disagree that it wouldn't be good for fixer anyway, I always run rudder on my fixer. I tried without and hated it. If there was this yellow item, it could be worth using instead.

7. Disguised

@Miathan Oh, I see... And about the fixer, I don't play fixer, but I was just thinking that most people use gear lube because there are many threads where people say that gear lube is great for throwing repair boxes, and they always use gear lube due to that matter. But that's interesting. ;) I always wanted either an epic rudder for my speeder, but I can't seem to find one. :(

Last edited: 12 Jul 2017
  8. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

sure, and 100% people would be play be speeder.
    NO.

9. Disguised

Not true. Firstly, this would be a great item on Enforcers and Fixers too which would help a lot of fixers to get out of tough situations quicker. Plus, it must have a long cooldown to make it less OP (as said by Zusay). In addition to that, around 90% of players from 300 to 1000 infamy are shooters/defenders, and they probably won't change to a different class (which was recently nerfed) just because of one item.

10. Disguised

You know what, this was actually a good idea... So why not revive this thread.

11. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

But not many people would actually use it. If it's a yellow item, the overboost, or even the nitro beat it flat out in terms of viability. Really, only defenders would use this, but they don't have yellow item slots.

12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Because it’s in the wrong section.

13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Nah before you can pull out that combo someone will have already broken your frost.

14. Disguised

When I created this thread, there was no such thing as 'Suggestions and Ideas' on the forums, so I am not to blame.

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  15. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

That’s funny. Had no clue.

16. Disguised

Yeah, I've been on the forums much more than actually playing the game, lol.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Don't worry bro, I've got your six!

Disguised likes this.
  18. Disguised

Thanks man.

19. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Just use a rudder, I turn 180 degrees in like 2 seconds, tops