1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Update Ship and Item Popularity Snapshot [24/3/18]

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tirth2_, 24 Mar 2018.

1. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Hey there,

Back with the Item and Ship popularity Snapshot! :)

The shot is based on Statistics laid by data analysis of Top 50 players after 14 hours of the update(v. 2.9 Bay "Sweet Bay").

Let's start with the overall Item Popularity Snapshot :

over.PNG
    • Comments:
    1. Turbo and Big Shield: As always, dominating the leaderboards, the items still have their "fixed" place in most of the setup.o_O
    2. The rise of Blast and fall of Explosive: Popularity of explosive Cannon among top players have decreased significantly with increase in popularity of blast cannon.:D
    3. Mortars and Torps: The cannons are still the favorite, with torpedoes and mortars still lagging behind. :oops:
    Moving on the Ship Popularity Pie Chart :

Capture.PNG
    • Comments:
    1. No Defenders in Top 50: Yes, you read it right, there were no Defenders in top 50 after 14 hours of the update, maybe the defenders switched to some other ships for a while. :p:eek::eek::confused:
    2. Enforcers: Seems like the previous updates were favorable for the Enforcer, with the rise in the number of the shooters in the bay.:cool:
    • Top-most places occupied by respective ships:
    Enforcer - 1st:eek:
    Speeder - 3rd;)
    Shooter - 6th:)
    Fixer - 25th:(

Now, let's get started with Ship-wise Item Popularity Snapshot:

Starting off with Shooter:

shooter.PNG

• Comments:
    1. Flare Gun and Napalm Launcher: The popularity of these items have increased on a minor scale after the favorable update.:D
    2. Trend: There seems to be almost no change in popularity of other items.
    Next is Snapshot for Speeders:

speed.PNG
    • Comments:
    1. Trend: The same "old" setup, popular among top players seem to be changing.:eek:
    2. Tesla: The Shield and Bolt have experienced a fall in popularity since the last Snapshot.
    3. Nitro: An incredible Rise in popularity was observed.:cool:
    Next is Snapshot of Enforcers:

en.PNG
    • Comments:
    1. Comeback: Making a remarkable comeback in popularity among top players, this ship has benefited from the previous updates to a great extent. :p
    2. Speed and Shield: Over boost, Big Shield, and Tesla Shield could be seen on every Enforcer out there.
    3. Blast Cannon: The most favorite weapon among top enforcers. :)
    Last but not the least, Fixers :

fxer.PNG
    With just 5 fixers in the bay, the popularity can't be judged, so just the snapshot! :p

• Extra Comments:
    1. There were NO defenders seen in top 50 during the collection of data.
    2. The Enforcers have experienced a great increase in popularity just after the update.
    3. Not any major change in use of weapons, but it's too soon to judge, so let's wait till the players are done with coping up with the update. :p
    Thank you so much for reading! :)

2. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

Oh I like to be able to read statistics like these :)

3. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Just buff Defenders and Fixers(maybe a small buff to Speeders too), and the top 50 might just be balanced.
    Me too.

4. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Buff Speeders? You want to start a riot in these forums? Speeders are not allowed to be buffed! :p :D:D

5. Disguised

Oh my, I'm so sorry. We must decrease their speed by 50% now.

6. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Rise of blast is mostly because of enforcers, since they can’t fit explo and blast is better. Also mine is interesting, but is most likely used by enfos also.
    Refreshing to see another boat dominating than speeder.

7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Don't be silly. That's just overkill. A simple tweak of dropping ship agility by 50% and making speeders take damage when they run into a wall ought to do the trick.

8. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I use a rudder so as long as I get a rudder buff idc what you do with the base agility xD

TheAntiSnipe and Snapshot like this.
  9. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    least. they are WEAK compared to speeders. speeders rule

10. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    F@#$ no! If they are slown down to that you might as well as use a defender. PLus they die to nearly every 1 on 1 enforcer fight.

11. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair
    @Miika
    @Zeus @Dmg don

Developers. Are u fans of U2?
    "How long must we sing this song"

Snapshot after snapshot. Top 50, top 100, top200, nitemare. When players look at meta....glaring and obvious is the lack of Defenders.

Throw us a bone. Fix the ship. Make it more usable. Meta showed that after latest 3 updates players went to enforcer. U buffed enforcers developer team.

Isn't it time to really buff Defender. Shrink the massive oversized hitbox. Buff attributes and raise hp and defense pts.

There is thread after thread after thread of many players not Defenders saying it's time.

Please prioritize this and make the Next Update Blue.

Big Blue.

Your splash page has us almost non existent. Like faded ghost.
    And this top 50 Snapshot. We don't appear at all.

It's time.

Jaws

12. PastelPiku

Security
    Dat hitbox tho. I tried shooting around my defender to hit another defender but my friendly defender blocked the shot (totally should've missed, though). They're big enough and pretty slow, they don't need exaggerated hitboxes. Fixxxx it.

TheAntiSnipe and *JAWS* like this.
  13. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Enforcers have taken over the tanking job of the Defender. Harder to hit, faster, agile and can track down a Speeder.

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I said it before in my thread, "Let's remake the defender". Enforcers defend better than defenders, like LOL what?
    Haha, I knew SOMEONE WAS GONNA SAY IT!

In all seriousness, though, buff defender. Speeder does not need a buff(bracing for salt) because it is now 2% from the "ideal" balance. By that logic, shooters and enfos need a nerf and defenders and fixers need a buff.

15. PastelPiku

Security
    I like the way defender is chillin in the back, but he should have a more towering appearance. In the splash screen AND in game. I wanna see defenders with even more hp than they have now. No need for speed and agility buffs, higher base hp means more flexibility with your blue items anyway.

16. Disguised

Actually there is no need for nerfs because that might actually break/ruin the balance(that might come from the buffs) because if one ship become more popular another will become less popular.

PastelPiku likes this.
  17. PastelPiku

Security
    There should be a push to buff counteritems instead of nerfing items directly. That should create an evolving meta over time rather than a deteriorating one.

*JAWS* and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I DID say "by that logic", personally, I really don't like looking at the Bay like this. Top 50 is not everyone.
    I'd say that, since defenders are supposed to be an enfo counter, they deserve a buff that brings them to the level of enfo. Since shooter is like the most satisfying ship to play for most, we cannot really nerf it substantially, because players in the top leagues literally play shooter for fun.

*JAWS* and PastelPiku like this.
  19. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    how is this song? :p

PastelPiku likes this.
  20. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    no way. My speeder has 2.2k hp and I already face defenders with 10 k hp. at 1800 infamy!

PastelPiku likes this.