1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Defenders really have to be the worst at EVERYTHING to make up for tankiness?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flipscuba, 22 Mar 2018.

1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Defender is in the very back of the background the one that is twice the height than the other ships. Tall, fat, and trailing in the back.

2. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

What an asinine comment. I don't actually have four shields, I have two shields. I also have a rudder, and a turbo. So, I'm juuuuust about as tanky as a tanky-built Shooter, still slower, with marginally better turning ability. And even with the rudder, I can still barely keep track with Speeders/Enforcers to hit them. And if I go full tank? Or even just two shields two turbos (tried that once)? I sacrifice the ability to EVER track a yellow boat running circles around me.

3. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Exactly one of the major problems with defender. If we use the other blue slots to make the specs close to a shooter, we lose because it’s defender’s 3 red slots vs. shooter’s 5 red slots. This shows that defenders are completely under powered because there’s major problems with the value of blue slots. 1 or 2 hits from a big torp we can’t dodge brings our hp down to a shooter’s hp or less. While only having 3 red slots, worst movement, and a big ass hit box which is a torpedo magnet.

4. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Hey can somebody explain this to me, while we are on the topic of defenders? My blast cannon damage is 748 exactly. One time, though, I hit a defender for 598 damage. I was surprised, because the damage reduction was 150 points. My knowledge was that the damage fluctuation for weapons were 10% up and down. If my weapon was -10%, the minimum, it would do ~673 damage. Minus 50, which I believe is the maximum defense score, it would be 623 at the minimum. Does anybody know what happened? Or did I just get my numbers wrong?

5. Flipscuba

You know there are defense perks you can put on shields, right? Not just HP perks? They probably had a shield loaded up with a defense perk or three.

6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    The maximum defense a defender can have is 50 though.

7. Flipscuba

Wait, really? Even with perks? I didn't know that, never actually used defense perks.

8. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    Yeah I only use hp perks. I saw the limit on another thread somewhere :p

9. Flipscuba

But, I have a Mk 5 defender, and it has 45 defense with not a single defense perk in sight. You're telling me if I put even one rare defense perk on a shield, I'd be overcapped? That's really surprising.

Miathan and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  10. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    I think that's how it is, but you might wanna confirm with someone else cuz I have bad memory.

11. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

The defense points are capped at 100, not 50

12. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Maybe burn’s DOT shouldn’t pierce defense. What is 100 when a torp or mine hits over 3000? Defense stat needs a much better incentive for anyone to use.

13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Good thing I switched to shooter main 2 weeks ago and didn't wait for the next update. Saved 2 weeks of shooter item upgrades. I'm officially done asking for defender buffs. I'm just gonna sit back, watch the defenders burn and grab some popcorn everytime someone makes a new defender thread. :cool::cool:

Sure I'll probably come back to the boat after the buffs. But I'm pretty sure those are planned to come in 2020 for 20 of us still playing the game. :D:D