1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fix matchmaking!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Potchi, 11 Mar 2018.

?

Do you think current matchmaking is fair?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Potchi

Potchi Member

Here's a suggestion, don't base matchmaking solely on infamy, cos a lot of higher mks are willingly losing games just to get to lower infamy and smurf there, i just got off from a match where im the only mk2 in game and everyone(both my and the opposite team) is an mk4 and mk5, seriously?? What were devs expecting me to do in that game? Hide?
    Imma use clash of clans as an example, and i hope the devs get some ideas fron this,
    Coc has a trophy ranking system, they pair u up against those in the same league as u, but, they also consider the townhall as a factor, so that th10's cannot just go into lower leagues and fight a th1!! This is whats happening in battlebay, just because the net mk is equal doesnt mean the match is, pls for the love of ****** , fix this!
    Sry for the long post..if anybody knows how to send this msg to the devs, pls do, cos they seem to be frickin drunk

RapidTurtle likes this.
  2. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    In case you actually read this, it does that already. If you count the ship mk’s, there should be a max difference of 1. If the enemy team has mk5 ships, you probably have them too, or then they have mk2 or 3 ships.

PastelPiku likes this.
  3. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    You’re gonna get reposted for bad language dude, edit this post to make it nicer. The devs see everything. I already made a post solving matchmaking. It’s called OMG I’M A GENIOUS

4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    The matchmaking is like that so that things don't get out of control. If matchmaking was based solely on MK, an MK2 could be in ace league or nightmare league, and that would be no fun. The matchmaking is based on infamy for a reason. I have an enforcer MK3 and I got up to 1200 infamy, and I would have gone higher if I only fought MK3, but instead I got paired up with mk4 and 5 ( spoiler: I did fine) and I dropped my infamy with a defender so that I wouldn't get into master league

5. Potchi

Potchi Member

i understand that part, when you go too high on the infamy ladder, you get paired up with higher mk ships, however, i am just an mk2 on 500-700 infamy, and yet i get paired up with ships that are mk5s, sure my team has mk5 too but what am i suppose to do in a match like that, the other team will be aiming for me since im the easiest to kill, am i just suppose to hide? The game is no fun like that, i also want to deal dmg and play like everybody else, but i cant because once i show myself, an mk5 with a tier3+ epic will be aiming for me, i go into a fight and im like 2 hits

PallabKumarS and NietonoPanda like this.
  6. Potchi

Potchi Member

thnx but i know that alrdy, and somehow i like that total mks are almost equal, but, for example im an mk2 and the rest of my team is mk5, total mk = 22, and the opposite team has 3xmk4 and 2xmk5, total mk = 22,
    Sure the net mk is equal, my team can probably win, but how can i enjoy a game like that, the moment i show myself, they will all aim for me, i cant last long enough to enjoy the game, i cant last long enough to deal enough dmg and help my guild om guild quests, sure my team is winning, but the game is no longer fun for low mks like me, and also, im not on high infamy, the hifher mks are dropping in infamy just so they can win rivalry matches, i hope they do smthng about this

7. Potchi

Potchi Member

sry if it sounds bad, but so far i haven't used curse words, i am just pissed of because of match making, i rlly hope the devs read this thread and understand the problems lower mks are enduring

8. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I understand, I hope so too. Just don’t make it too angry because I don’t want you to get reported for Inappropriate Behavior. This is a warning. Also, keep in mind that a lot of posts have been made, so there will probably be something in the next update.

9. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Just don't hide. I was ALMOST MK3 when I got to the MK5, and I did fine. Quite a few times I was NOT the first or second to die, and I found myself second or even first place in damage. I'm MK3 now and I do not hide. Face the enemy.

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. sp1234

sp1234 New Member

I've a suggestion, enable the ability to block idiots from your team:) and then put all blocked idiots into their own idiot league:)

Neptune_Gaming and PallabKumarS like this.
  11. Potchi

Potchi Member

yes! Exactly! Add a feature so that blocked players are no longer able fleet with you, you can fight them, but no longer team up with them unless you remove them from block list

12. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    That can’t be done, matchmaking just gets too messy.

13. sp1234

sp1234 New Member

going forward i really think rovio needs to consider proper guild wars where u battle with only your guild members, and battle against similar guilds, i realise this would be difficult to implement but its the update thats needed the most rn to keep the game alive and stop mass deleted and quit of the game.

14. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Well I kinda agree with you. Im new to battle bay and fighting mk5 ships already at lower infamy and that makes us new player to lose hope and give up on playing because its not fun to get one shot by high level players. Just match us with players within our level.

15. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

I feel you brother :(
    I felt im just a spectator in the fight and hoping the mk5 ship on my team will win against the mk5 on the opposing team. Its all luck for newbies like me

Neptune_Gaming and PallabKumarS like this.
  16. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Accidentally i touched yes and voted......cant change it...my vote is no...matchmaking isnt fair....

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I think it should be solely based on infamy. If not, then what does infamy mean? Think about it. If you can't get past MK5 boats with an MK2 you probably should be lower infamy, no?

The core of this issue is that players willingly drop infamy to gain better rewards. Solve THAT problem and matchmaking will be better.

PallabKumarS and PastelPiku like this.
  18. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    I started a newb account...and back in my "real noob"day thing were SOOOO different,i a lvl 11 mm2 fixer...fights agains mk5 users EVEN MK6 ONCE!and when k try to get in my rank...the game putts me with a team(that i need for my pro acc)that can 4v5 sith ease...so basicly if u get to 1k imfamy(like i did wkthout my will)is just game over...u use knly repair bolts coz they ranged,i undestan ur pain fellas,but it seems that rovio aint fixing matchmaking :(

19. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    Mk5 users with theit imfamy,fight against mk5 users with similar amount of imfamy,bith thetier sbip and imfamy willcount in matchmaking,more fair fr the noobs(that basicly give up and loose hope after 10 matches agains mk5 smurfs)and maybie they sill come back,the noobs r basicly our 1st state...we shoudnt just say,no,to them,they r our past,and we r their future(unles they give up and never come back becoz of them smurfs)

20. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

My opinion is that ships less than mk6 should not meet with those who have been in the "nightmare league", the reverse is also true that the players who were in the "nightmare" should not meet with players whose ship is lower than mk6.

It is also interesting to consider the option of selecting fleets to participate only ships of the same mk.
    5 from 5 only
    6 only from 6
    4 with only 4.
    etc