1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.9 "Bay Sweet Bay"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Mar 2018.

1. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Exactly lol. People are saying gearscore is bragging rights, but it's actually inverse bragging rights. The lower your gearscore is, the more impressive your infamy and performance are.

#CK, Disguised, The Otherguy and 5 others like this.
  2. Trium

Trium Active Member

It just wasn't displayed for you. But I believe the system worked, because with my high grade equipment ships I had the same enemies on infamy of something like 500 ;)

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

That wasn't the same. That was the system matching a player based on his previous average infamy if he drops a ton of infamy in a short time.

4. Trium

Trium Active Member

Can someone answer my questions? Or should I create a separate thread for each of them?

1. What does it mean "Center joystick to touch"? Haven't noticed any difference.
    2. Can you add the possibility to remove the cancel area from the hud? It is very annoying and has no sense - I can tap on any place on the screen. I often start aiming in order to see if I can hit the target. Because of "very comfortable" Battlebay controlling, I have to press and release this button quite often. And because of this, I have flashing cancel aread button which distracts from the game.
    3. "Fixed healing counting towards damage quests"
    Does it mean that fixers won't be able to contribute to the guild damage quest? It was actually a very nice feature. It helped fixer to contribute about the same damage as mine to the weapon quests.
    If you really removed it, then you probably should highly increase the amount of healing quests
    4. Is gear score used in the current matchmaking system? If I remove everything from my ship expect cannon, will I have week enemies? :)

5. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

It's beautiful :):):)

DeeMeester and The Otherguy like this.
  6. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I would like to hear a clarification regarding the healing contribution for quests. I liked this most in the privious update and thought finally fixer can do a good job and you change it back? As a fixer we can't contribute again and are we supposed to play other ship?

#CK and Mon4 Lot like this.
  7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Yes!

To be fair it was probably too good before, but there are places inbetween 100% (best questing boat) and 0% (worst question boat by far). Oh well, green boat life.

8. Fliberdijibit777

Fliberdijibit777 Member

because most likely your playing games BASED across the world and the "other games"are Asian based

9. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Are these just badge points 2.0? Any plans on making them relevant?

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  10. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

OMG! Loved it! Screenshot_20180322-104520.png

Admiral DJ, #CK, Ultrah and 2 others like this.
  11. Fliberdijibit777

Fliberdijibit777 Member

also id like to say that even tho its (imo wrongly ) lvl based on the score not the proper kits type for each classes rating as ive seen so far there are a few things I do see in it that ppl will use, one being learning what nut(part ) goes on which ship and class, AND MABY UP THE FIGHT difficulty A FAIR BIT ,, some assembly required

12. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Gear score registers as 0 for half the ships on the battle screen.

13. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Perhaps those players have not updated yet? Just a thought.

Edit: just checked your profile, I can see your score. Must mean that they haven’t updated

#CK and The Otherguy like this.
  14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Effectively, more nerfs for yellow items. Even though every game is 80% Sniper/Shooters.

Why have you still not fixed frost? If you don’t like the frost mechanic (which you created), then please remove it from the game, and replace it with something people might want to use.

There is a severe lack of choice right now with yellow items. To the point where the best choice for a 3rd yellow on the mk5 Speeder, is to take nothing. As having slightly larger buttons, is actually a bigger and more consistent advantage than taking any of the pathetic yellow items.

15. Fliberdijibit777

Fliberdijibit777 Member

think of it this way mate if a 1.5 k is whipping a 3.5 k power player ,... don't you think something went wrong with that 3.5 or that maby the 1.5 just simpally out played that 3.5k?
    its breaking down a measurement of skill for 1 which in turn can maybe turn into a ranked game tourney system later??? I smell what your cookin rovio

16. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be able to go into battle or launch the game without updating.

Stelmo likes this.
  17. Fliberdijibit777

Fliberdijibit777 Member

the patch booted EVERY one all active players should have auto updated
    also keep in mind its a new function fresh out the box, gevem time to debug n polish on the live side

18. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

I meant they haven’t logged in yet and updated. See my edit, I can see your score on your profile

19. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

But if the player wasn’t active, they haven’t updated yet. See my edit, I can see Miku’s Score. So it is working for active players

20. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Idk lol but I swear I have friends online and in battle but showing 0. No problem though will wait a bit until things settle down today. Alot of hotfixes for sure

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.