1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer vs no fixer

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Shatendris, 19 Mar 2018.

1. Shatendris

Shatendris New Member

Title is self explanatory...very often one team has a fixer and the orher has none, matchmaking should not allow this, it is so retarded I'm surprised it's even a thing, I've seen games with 2 fixers vs none, I mean what the actual fuck? /facepalm

Cina4 likes this.
  2. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Do we have a fixer? Great, if we protect him/ her we'll have more HP on our side! Do they have a fixer and we don't? Great, more firepower on our side! ;)

Sifa, Kalbs and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  3. Shatendris

Shatendris New Member

Do they have a fixer? No matter how much damage we make we will slowly die this is the truth most of the time, I knew some1 was going to give this kind of reply... Please avoid this kind of comment cos they make the same sense as the actual matchmaking.

4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I suggest using more point damage weapons so you can focus the fixer. A lot of games your team doesn't focus the fixer very well, so I try and almost exclusively target the fixer until it dies. Flare is a great weapon to kill fixers with if u can get the -30% healing talent

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

There's NOTHING unfair about having no fixer on your team while the other team has none. If your team can focus fire and work as, well, as a team, you can easily take down the enemy fixer in 10-15 seconds of enemy contact. I've won 0-2 fixer fights in the past.

Also, according to the statistics, the probability of winning with a fixer on the enemy team and none on yours is still 50% or so. These are actual numbers.

6. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Then rush an attack. Sheez.

7. Shatendris

Shatendris New Member

I'm not here to ask for suggestions, I want this crap removed, refrain yourself from such comments, you just sound compliant.

8. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry! I guess we didn't understand you were just trying to tell you're frustrated because your idea of fairness is inaccurate :D
    You can always start your thread with a "don't answer if you disagree" ;)

_devill, TheAntiSnipe and Kalbs like this.
  9. Cozytrendsetter

Cozytrendsetter Member

Worst part is when the other team has a fixer plus 4 shooters...while as your team lacks that firepower.
    The best solution to this issue is to either capture or flank them

Hokuse and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  10. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Oh wow. Sorry. I didn't know that the Fixer hurt your feelings.

11. Shatendris

Shatendris New Member

Well I play fixer and I like it a lot, I like healing in most of games, so no it doesn't hurt me, you're just trying to be sarcastic and failing to do so. What hurts the game is the imperfect matchmaking, in most games healers are matched with other healers, even tanks are matched with tanks to create an as much as possible balanced match, if you don't understand this I can't help it. Bare in mind that I'm not happy to be on the team who's got the healer as well. Also tho who said I don't wan't different opinions to reply, this is to communicate an issue to the developers, not to chit chat, idc if u agree or not.

Edit:typos

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  12. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I'd merge your post into the big matchmaking thread, but it's full of naughty language so we can't have that. ;)

That's not how a forum works. You will get differing opinions as a reply, especially when said opinions have been backed up (multiple times, I might add) by hard statistics from the developers in regards to the win/loss rates:

rexaroni, Miathan, _devill and 4 others like this.
  13. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

As a fixer, I don't see the issue. The match is decided by how well the teams gel together and how smart they play. I've had games where we have comfortable wins, others where we get annihilated.

14. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

This is the best advice.
    I see too many teams (when they don’t have a fixer, but the opposition does) trying to beat the enemy in a long drawn out game, fighting from distance. This plays into the fixers hand.
    The tactically best approach (as Kalb says) is to rush them and try to get the fight over as quickly as possible, taking advantage of your superior firepower. It is difficult to achieve however, as too many players will retreat at the first sign of enemy fire, and the attack stalls, or worse fractures into two groups which can be picked off easily.

15. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I agree. The only real issue I see in these sorts of matches is player skill. The vast majority of players in the 0-2k infamy range are very, very conservative players. That becomes a huge problem in a strategic situation where aggression is the only hope for winning. IMO that's why most of the teams with no fixer lose against fixer teams... they simply don't take advantage of the 25% boost in firepower they have. Instead, they let it devolve into a war of attrition -- a war which the no-fixer team must inevitably lose.

16. TheAntiSnipe

Having a fixer on the enemy team is very conducive to team development. Everyone is on their toes and everyone follows orders in those conditions, while the team WITH the fixer gets overconfident. This is how most of my battles go, and my battle count is 6000+.

17. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

And the reason that fixers hate playing against speeders (or former speeders) is that they tend to be more aggressive in their play

Rainbow Warrior and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

Exactly. Fighting speeders or ex-speeders is bad for most fixers, because there is no such thing as a noob speeder main above Ace 3. Speeders will ALWAYS go for the fixer in a fight, even at the cost of their own lives. I've done enough matchwinning kamikazes to know that.

19. Yoube Fahal

Yoube Fahal New Member

This very rarely works out this way, a fixer is generally surrounded by team players and Can heal the equivalent of another 3 players for the team. I have been on teams that have dealt three times as much as the enemy team and still lost the match.

It adds a very unfair advantage to the enemy team to be able to replenish health and the other not. It gives unnatural longevity to the length of time the enemy team can sustain massive damage.

20. Yoube Fahal

Yoube Fahal New Member

I agree with this but there is no way to effectively orchestrate this with a team full of strangers, and if you are the one that rushes correctly then you only end up suiciding.

I think the lack of effective communicate options plays a part here, as well as the inability to fleet with more guild members who have the ability to discuss and execute strategy.

Snapshot likes this.