1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy as a Mk2 Speeder

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by NietonoPanda, 20 Mar 2018.

1. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Hi guys im currently new to battle bay. I just played battle bay last week. I just wanted to know as a mk2 speeder lvl 13 captain what infamy should i be right now. Im currrntly 900 infamy I just wanted to know if I can go up higher or its the csp for f2p mk2 speeder with my current lvl. My speeder is currently running T1 rare blast canon and T2 uncommon blast cannon. Im open with suggestion with weapons that can improve my infamy higher. Thanks!

-NietonoPanda-

Sifa, LimeOnMars and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  2. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

You're doing great! You're infamy is really nice and double blast cannons is an amazing setup.

ThatOnion and NietonoPanda like this.
  3. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Thank you for the quick reply! I thought my infmay is too low for my level because my weapon setup is not that good. Thanks captain! Guess I'll be still running double blast cannon.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Double blast cannons pair up really well with duellist speeders as well as assassin speeders. You'll hit like a truck at close range once you get all the perks and gear that you need.

And 900 infamy is really waaaaaaay above average for a mk2, top 5% at least!

NietonoPanda and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  5. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes im just hunting low hp targets. Im just waiting them to chip down opponents hp. I always focus a fixer whenever its possible.

LimeOnMars, Ian and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

In my experience a lot of the non-casual players bounce up to around 900-1200 infamy once they graduate out of bot land. There's a handy chart that shows percentiles but honestly things are so crazy down at your infamy level that the data is meaningless. If you're any good you can probably get up to 1300 or 1400 in a speeder but I personally found the game play unrewarding so I started keeping my infamy at more moderate levels until I'd geared up to play against the M5/6 enemies. If it helps you any I tracked about like that and it's top 20th percentile performance.

Insofar as weapons, you're a F2P player so you need to work with what RNGesus gives you. The good news is that I think speeders are VERY resilient to weapon selection.The boat itself doesn't really force any given combat role. Instead it offers you flexibility. So you got an epic mine? Great... load that bad boy up and sow death and chaos in among the enemy team. In my case I got a ton of rare flares and blast cannons when I was playing my shooter (along with 3 epic flares) so my obvious choice was a burn combo with flare/blast (duration perks in the flare, %dam to burning enemies on the cannon). Big torpedoes, in the hands of a skilled speeder captain, are terrifying. Usually they are easily avoidable but good speeder captains end up nailing me with them every time I turn around... back to the advantages of mobility and positioning. Honestly I'm hard pressed to think of a weapon that I couldn't put to awesome use on a speeder. Even napalm seems like I could destroy enemy teams with it if I was good. Imagine being able to put a nasty napalm puddle anywhere on the map. The enemies could kiss any hope of team cohesion goodbye! Yup, SpeederLife!

Another point is to work with whatever your natural combat style is. I prefer close combat and twitch reflexes so I wanted point damage weapons that delivered a quick blow. I acknowledge big torps can be awesome but it's a more thoughtful game than I prefer to play. I think we all perform best when we're going with our own natural flow.

A helpful note about upgrades. Do not upgrade at a higher quality level until you have 4 duplicates. THat's a bit odd for you since you're working both rare and uncommon blast cannons. What you're going to find is that getting duplicates on the rare (which are required for upgrades) takes a dog's age compared to uncommons. In addition, there's huge overlap in power across the grades. As a general rule, you can think of a grade as +10. So an Epic-30 flare is roughly equivalent to a Rare-40 one. Someone's made a handy google spreadsheet showing this but I lost the link to the original. TL;DR: Don't get wowed by shiny colors. Work the math and do your upgrades efficiently.

Finally, a warning. You're there fighting among a bunch of behemoths in your M2 boat and feeling pretty good about yourself. So was I. But don't mistake what you're seeing. This is partly that you are good and partly that the infamy ranks are corrupted beyond imagination at the lower levels. My guess is that you'll hit a pretty hard cap at around 1200 or so and you won't progress beyond that for quite some time. Don't be surprised. It has nothing to do with you "not getting it". It has to do with the current state of matchmaking and the enemies you're fighting there. If that happens don't get dispirited. The game got a lot better for me once i got into a moderately well geared Mark4 speeder with Rare-40 level gear. That brought me into the 1500+ infamy range and the battles are just so much better in every possible way there. Almost all the match screens I see make sense. There are relatively few floaters and tankers. I'm not carrying a knife into a gun fight so my skill matters more than luck.

wreck your day and NietonoPanda like this.
  7. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Thanks for the tips Captain. Yes lot of mk4-mk5 boats around 700-900 infamy and i know i cant get past 1k infamy with my current level. But thanks for the advice its a big help for me.

Snapshot likes this.
  8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I have my main which floats (not literally) around 1500 and my alt account which sits at around 700-800.
    I encounter more legendary weapons and T4 epics on the alt than I do my main :D

NietonoPanda likes this.
  9. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Same experience here, someone got a legendary rail gun that one shot my poor mk2 speeder with 800hp. But I wont give up! I saw Blacktail vids and some say he is a f2p player. Every time i got wrecked i always think of the legendary blacktail.

I dont know if those were dishonest players going for the weapon achievement. Lots of mk5 just suicide at the start of the fight. Shooter going in the middle of the battlefield and got wrecked 30sec after the game started. I have encountered a lot of them today. Some are afk some are suicidal

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Just report them for floating and move on.
    Constantly upgrade talents and equipment and you will be fine and pull yourself out of this zone in a few weeks once you have your better ship / gear.

NietonoPanda likes this.
  11. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Well I really dont mind about them, I just focus on myself how can I help my team every fight. I'll just enjoy the game rather than to be angry on dishonest players. Battle Bay is the best game ever!

wreck your day and Ash KOT like this.
  12. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    Eye dude! That's great... I was a MK5 Speeder myself, at 2978 infamy before I lost my account. Right now, I am a MK2 at 300 infamy, compared to the fact that on my main account, I was a MK2 at 700 infamy. I really like the setup you use, double Blast Cannon. However, I also recommend you to try your strongest weapons, as you gain more skill, and Speeder is a very versatile ship. I would say that u might start floating around the 1300 - 1400 infamy range at max with your MK2 speeder, due to the amazing weapons others use and the fact that there will be MK4 and MK5 players. U wanna add me as a friend in Battle Bay? If you do, my code is #XFSSKJFC

NietonoPanda likes this.
  13. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    NietonoPanda likes this.
  14. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Sure I'll add you as soon as I get home. Currently im sitting at 400-600infamy now. I'm playing with my girlfriend earlier as a fleet and got wrecked bigtime earlier. Both of us are new to battle bay. Two newbie against those mk5 its fun though. Oh also I saw some of your video on Youtube your too good! Way better definitely!

15. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

I'll definitely wanted to play with a pro! I'll add you as soon as i get home. I hope I wont be a burden LOL.

16. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    Nah it's ok mate! The thing is, I kinda need to go to sleep soon, coz it's almost 10 in Sydney, and I have a Science exam tomorrow :(

Send me a request, and I'll accept it when I can. The thing is tho, my secondary account is really doing bad. Like I said before, as a MK2, I was at 700 infamy on my main account, but only 300 on this account. I get paired with way too many floaters nowadays ;)

Oh yeah, have you heard about how my account was deleted???

NietonoPanda likes this.
  17. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

Its ok we can play some other time. Im from philippines by the way. Regarding your account I heard it from you just now. Oh also goodluck on your exams .

18. CoolDownHSNA

Student
    thx mate cya soon!

NietonoPanda likes this.