1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Napalm buff?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Slaying Mantis, 20 Mar 2018.

1. Slaying Mantis

Slaying Mantis New Member

Napalm is my least favorite weapon, unfortunately it was my first legendary. I wanted to scrap it immediately but I decided to keep it and see if it's worth anything. After using it for a while it seems like it's only use is to move people around. It doesn't really inflict major damage, nobody to sit in napalm long enough to accumulate major damage. On top of that you don't have to move very far to escape its affect and it's pretty much useless against anything with a yellow slot. So I propose a buff. I say increase the size the fire and make it wider. I imagine if the size of the fire was larger it would take more time for ships to steer out of it and they would accumulate more damage in the process. I've experimented with a dual napalm setup and notice when I use them side by side and quick succession that I'm able to inflict more damage but I feel like I shouldn't have to use two napalms to make the weapon effective. I really hate that I have a legendary weapon but I'm only able to get a handful of damage out of it if that much. I know it's used for zoning in area denial but if you can steer out of it or sail through it quick enough it pretty useless. But anyway that's my opinion and your thoughts would be most appreciated also forgive any grammar or punctuation errors I use voice to text because I'm lazy. :p

PS we need sticky grenades

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  2. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

My napalm and ex cannon are both level 50 epics. Those are my two highest weapon achievements at 6.1 mil and 6.4 mil respectively. If over the course of 6 million damage I only lose 300k it seems to be doing damage just fine considering I only use it as a map control item and for a buff to my ex cannons fire bonus. I would say napalm doesn’t need a buff

3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I agree. I think the ideal setup for a high level shooter includes either a napalm or mine for map control. They’re the shooters equivalent of yellow items.
    When you consider the damage you’ve dealt, plus the additional chaos that your napalm will have done to enemy formations, it sounds pretty good to me.

PastelPiku and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  4. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    In my opinion napalm isn’t effective unless you have 2-3 in your team. A lone napalm doesn’t have really good area control, but with 3 you can control a big area and deal lots of damage. So my advice is to try triple napalm at mk5-6, and fleet with napalm users.

5. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

If used correctly a napalm guy can win the game for the team, not necessarily by damage of napalm but the added effects. Hidden torpedo and mines, double fire bonus, blocking of passages, chaos(need more than one though), divisions between team(fixer).

Napalm is a pain to play against

I am a yellow boat and there are times i nitro in from of a fire blast radius only to find its napalm and then be separated from the team having to turn around and take a ton of damage since the napalm and all the boats seizing the opportunity. It can really force a teams movements if used right

Some people use three napalms, and I hope they are on my team.

6. Slaying Mantis

Slaying Mantis New Member

How long did it take you to do that much damage? I had my leg napalm for a couple of months now and so far I've done 2 million in damage. The Napalm may not need a buff but I would sure appreciate a perk that would make the size wider. I think that would improve the weapon a whole lot without making it overpowered.

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Well just since the weapon achievements have come out. That’s the only way I know how it compares to my other weapons. It fits perfectly in most choke points so I would say it was designed around the maps to be the size that it is

PastelPiku likes this.
  8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Maybe it's just because you're a noob. ;) :p

9. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    I didn' think you get ec fire bonus as napalm doesn' t actually set your ship on fire. Can anyone confirm this?

10. Earel

Earel Active Member

Nice logic, get a legendary item - create topic for buff this item)

Disguised and ThatOnion like this.
  11. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Lol yes I can confirm this. I can even confirm that if someone is on fire and in napalm it boosts the damage even further

12. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Lol u must be halucinating cuz i remember one of the devs saying that napalm doesnt give fire boost at all and also fire boost doesnt stack....so u are wrong on both things.

13. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

How much additional dmg percentage u get from napalm and fire together?

14. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Well actually napalm does boost as fire bonus but it won't stack with flare/fire bomb. Napalm is a fire weapon after all and when the target you're shooting at is in napalm (taking damage from that) it does give you the bonus dmg.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2018
  15. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Yes you get bonus, and even better, Napalm stacks with Flare or Fire bomb. Flare/fire bomb bonus damage do not stack with one another. Multiple flares do not stack fire damage bonus.

Working EC cannon for months I can confirm, typical fire bonus on my EC shot is little better than 1700 hp. When target is on fire (via flare or fire bomb), sitting in napalm, my EC shot does a little better than 2000 hp.

16. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Nope, you are wrong. See my post above. Napalm provides fire bonus damage. Further, it provides additional damage over flare or fire bomb.

17. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Yea, @TheRedSpeeder is wrong. Just confirmed this with somebody bringing video evidence.

It is a double stack of whatever fire bonus damage you have. So 10% -> 20%.

18. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I'm gna create one for Grenade next ;)

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Thanks @Help I Cant Swim for the help. As you can see in this video(sorry it’s small) my standard cannon hits for 530 regularly, 773 in just napalm and then 905 while on fire from flare and in napalm. Showing that napalm gives bonus damage and then being on fire and in napalm gives even more.

20. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Lol, didn't realize you had a different in-game name! I'm posting gifs from my POV as well.

530.gif
    773.gif
    905.gif