1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Report button is a big fat joke?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 17 Mar 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello All,

A couple of months ago Rovio came up with the idea of the 'Report button', so I thought they were going to take us seriously. But I still see a lot of people who have been reported, still show up every day.

How many of the people you have reported did really get banned? A tiny couple of people get a 2 day ban, some a week. But you have to find these people with a magnifying glass. And amongst the people I and many others have reported are paedophiles and other perverts, a lot of bully's and people with names which are down right rude of offensive.

Here are some of the things people said, which I have reported:
    [Spicy language redacted by moderator. Don't worry, we can see it in the edit history.]

And many more which I don't even wanted to repeat, because it was so foul. So, why then don't these people get a ban? Not even after tens of people have reported some of them?

So, then please tell me what the report button is for or is it indeed a big fat joke as some of the abusers stated? One of the perverts I reported says it does not bother him if we report him, because he is going nowhere and he is still here after several reports, as he said himself.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2018
  2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Sheeesh...

Nikkie! and Disguised like this.
  3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

If you don't have anything useful to say then go somewhere else Gnu, you have been reported as well by some as I have heard.

4. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Are you ruining my right of opinion and speech? And do you think i really care if i'm reported?

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I think you should report flint ;)

6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I didn't come here to pick a fight, i came here to express an opinion.

Nikkie! and SupremeCalamitas like this.
  7. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Just watch this thread get locked, I expressed my opinion with a "Sheeesh" and he immediately went to an irrelevant topic. This thread was near to very pointless anyway.

If there was something useful and relevant i would say;

Developers are always watching our reports. Regardless.

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

So, why then some pervs are not getting banned if they read everything? Why is a guy looking for young boys not getting kicked off the game? Why is someone who is makimg fun of committing suicide, so everyone was worried he was serious (oh that was you, wasn't it?) Not get a warning? Some people wrote me that they did not no you were serious or not. And I have lost several friends that way, so nothing funny about it any way.

Free speech, does not mean people need to insult others or mock a woman whose man is chronically ill and ask if she needs to wipe his ass. And the person who really ran that woman to the ground, did not get banned as I have heard.

Some people think free speech means you can mock everyone and joke about everything, but there is also something as manners and common sense.

9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

And you don't care about being reported, because you don't care about others or do you? It means also that reporting someone does not result in anything, so you confirm with your statement about not caring that you got reported, that reporting someone does not result in anything. So, you thereby say my point was valid.

10. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    There are way too many people like that, developers may not be able to keep up with all the reports.

You just told me to leave because i had nothing useful to say. But that "sheeesh" was an opinion and thought of expression. Now that tells me, you do not respect what others think. People can whatever they want as a form of expression of one's thoughts and feelings towards something. But you telling me to leave is a form of impoliteness and showing you no respect of what i think.

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    That is true i am aware of what i am saying, but i know for a fact i am being reported for utterly the most stupid reasons which is why i do not care. By far i don't even think they relate to this. Developers only look at the reports that are mostly common about one person and whether judge if they should take action.

Nikkie! likes this.
  12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I do respect what you are saying and I am open to others opinions, but I have been harassed in the in game chat, called all sorts of things just because I asked some questions about the game or asked somone to stop harassing others. So, when I read 'Sheeesh...' I thought you were mocking me.

I don't report people for everything, but I do get sick of people saying they would [Also redacted by mod.] And these people did not get a ban. Why not?! That is all that I am concerned about, this is a game and not some pervert zone, for derranged people.

I know for a fact some of these guys were reported by at least 10 to 20 people, but they did not get a ban.

Last edited by a moderator: 18 Mar 2018
  13. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I apologise for the matter caused here but let us continue on. I used the "sheesh" because i was surprised at the insults.. Anyway.

I understand how it feels. The best ways i ignore this issue, the popups for the chats come i just tap the chat and it will go away. Or i then block the person doing the issues if i still feel insecure. Unblock them if you feel more comfortable but if they continually do the same thing, block them permanently. Use the report feature whenever necessary.

Last edited by a moderator: 18 Mar 2018
    Nikkie! likes this.
  14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Please, accept my apologies. I was so frustrated what I read the last couple of days, that I have become am a little over sensitive apparently.

Thanks for your replies! Maybe I should block them sooner, but I was keeping taps on some of them, such as a guy who was looking for small boys.

15. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    It's ok i accept your apologies, all of us get frustrated some day. I advise use the features that the game provides to ensure you are im safer place in the game environment.

Nikkie! likes this.
  16. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Thanks I will check it out and not let them get under my skin too much!

Gnu likes this.
  17. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

The Rovio team have confirmed in threads before that every report is looked at on an individual basis. The player population is significantly larger than that of the team so it may take time to get round to it and they will take action as they see fit.

@Flint The best thing you can do is keep reporting like you are doing, the more reports the more likely the action they will take, especially people making comments like you've highlighted.

They really should blacklist the linked accounts such as Google / Facebook opposed to the individual profiles of players.

18. SupremeCalamitas

When one of the devs is online I will tell them to close this thread.

19. SupremeCalamitas

Nevermind, apologies have been shared

20. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

... This is the firstly time I've ever seen an argument resolved so ... cleanly :confused:
    Nice that apologies have been made