1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting Official Dev Explanation for only Shooter having 12 slot points

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 16 Mar 2018.

1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Why is this? All boats should have 12.

Why dont we give 1 extra to other boats to make it even?
    give another blue point to defender.
    give another blue point to enforcer.
    giver another blue point to speeder.
    give another yellow or blue point to fixer.

2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Blue for all ships. That’ll help increase the overall health and make the game way more interesting for players with these buffs. I need a speeder buff badly!

Great Research!!!

The Otherguy and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Bcoz shooters R NUBS!
    /Sarcasm

4. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    instead of giving blue or yellow point to all boat except shooter , i'm ok with give additional 1 point of red ,
    defender 6 6 6 ( max already )
    speeder 4 4
    enforcer 4 4 4
    fixer 4 4

5. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Double big Shield speeders. Oh no.

6. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    This would make shields even more depended on due to everyone else having a ton of hp and it would definitely kill off the unpopular blue items for good.
    Red is better. Having more point flexibility in the red department means more variety in people's playstyles.

In my opinion, though, this is an unwarranted indirect shooter nerf. While some say the ship is popular due to being op, I believe it is popular simply because players tend to gravitate towards dps classes (hence unpopular fixer even though they clearly give the team an advantage). Buffing every ship except for shooter for the reason of balancing the slot points is totally fine in my book, but the shooter needs some other buff so that this affects all players positively. I'm not going to say HP buff for shooter because I believe every ship needs an HP buff (base HP, not shields, buffing shields and shield usage would make shield dependency more severe).

yellow flash, wtfack and #CK like this.
  7. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

Silly fantasy. This will break the balance that has been honed for years.
    Developers are trying to make matches as fast as possible (that's why there is no nerf of scale flare guns debuff(c)dev) And you suggest making all boats "thicker".))
    Me as a fixer, it would be nice to see an extra blue slot on the ship, but it will kill the balance completely. I'm against it.

Last edited: 17 Mar 2018
    PastelPiku likes this.
  8. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Shooter is extremely used at low levels, because
    1) You are a very effective shooter if you just learn to aim and use some combos
    2) The basics of the boat are very easily learned
    3) It’s the tutorial ship. Noobs may not even realise that there are other ships until mk3-, so they might not build another boat
    4) It’s pretty fun to play also
    And for the extra slot point, do you see the nightmare shooter as op? It is not. Nightmare shooter is very balanced now, so taking a slot point from there would not be good imo.

9. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Explosive cannon on my enforcer :D

#CK, Stelmo, wtfack and 3 others like this.
  10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Thanks to @Kalbs for the title of your thread (official dev explanation) now people have good way of asking, What the f*** were you thinking?

11. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

I quit the game but do NOT give another blue point to the enforcer. Give it a read point instead. Also give speeder a yellow point instead.

12. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Speeder doesn't need more yellow points or slots, all of the movement items are 1pt. No need to give them double bubble, too, when it's meant to counter speeders in the first place. 2 big guns and it's fine.

13. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Extra blue point and no extra slot on enfo would mean you're wasting a point by taking turbo over a second big shield.

Bad idea.

I'm sure we'll get mk9 soon enough which will add points/slots to all boats and everyone will have something new to complain about

14. TheAntiSnipe

Leave it as it is, like really, Please.

15. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    +1. And if anything, just take away 1 slot from shooter. All these suggestions are much more silly than you guys think.
    Enforcer gaining access to a 2 slot point wep? Frost big torp enforcer + 2 cannons? No thank you.
    Speeder with 2 tesla shields? What?
    Only reasonable addition would be to give fixer/defender another blue slot point.
    At this point you guys seem to just be nitpicking. So what if shooter has 1 more slot, That doesn't mean it's overpowered.

16. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

EVERYONE, remember the point of the thread is to request an OFFICIAL explanation from the developers giving shooter the extra point in the first place. AFTER we have received their reasoning do we then decide whether or not we should accept it.

Adaxxs and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Add a purple slot and make gear lube and rudder purple .. Rovio should love this side more items to sell and lvl up .;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

100% sounds lit af.

19. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    Not a dev or the ones you want an answer from, but i guess the answer has already been mentioned above by some, it is balanced the way it is.
    Why only fixers and enfos have 6 active slots in-game, whereas defender has 3, (rest are passive, blues) and rest 5?
    Why only enforcer can move equally at back and forth speed?
    Likewise many questions can arise where one ship may seem superior to the other, or differs in some point or the other.

Hokuse likes this.
  20. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Lol at demanding answers from the devs. Relax guy.

Shooter has an extra weapon obviously because that's it's strong point. Speeder is faster, enforcer is more agile and defender has more defense slots. Duh.

As for it being over represented it's because it's simply the most easy boat to use, people have success with it early on because there's no learning curve. Enforcer is probably the trickiest to master that's why it took awhile to catch on and you see them more at higher infamy ranges