1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is carronade good?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by F1ashVect0r, 2 Jun 2017.

?

Is carronade good?

1. Yes

62.1%
  2. Nope

37.9%
  1. F1ashVect0r

F1ashVect0r New Member

I want to use it but currently cannon is so good at dps... Is carronade good guys? If it is, i will upgrade it. My favorite ship is speeder.

2. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

I wouldn't recommend it, it's okay but huge down fall is that you must be with like 3-5 tiles from player to cause max damage since it's like a shotgun a lot of rounds will miss if shot too close. I would try to focus on another cannon.

F1ashVect0r likes this.
  3. Dfer3nt

Dfer3nt Member

IMO it sucks. Don't see how much different it varies from cannons, and it's close range only

4. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

In my hands it's terrible, but some players can get a lot of damage very quickly with it.

5. ManBearWiz

ManBearWiz New Member

I'm sure you're high enough in infamy to have gotten hit by a tier 5 carronade....maybe mordelin's carronade or I believe captain perry has a tier 4. 7x212 every 5.6 seconds seems pretty darn good :). But please correct me if I'm wrong

6. Dapperest

Dapperest New Member

The carronade quickly becomes a pseudo frost blaster with high damage potential with an entire crew member (Swift) specializing on it with more projectiles and variety of ways to slow down your target making it excellent at a hit and run playstyle. It slowly becomes one of the worst (similar to the entire Speeder ship being trash tier to top tier) weapon to the best with the sheer amount of upgrades it has to offer.

7. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

I've used it well...and it rocks. Short reload time and epic damage.
    Problem is...you'll see a lot of players like to stay so far back and getting close isn't possible.
    I've tried to run a carronade because of the quest and I've learned to utilize its potential.

If you manage to couple it with cannons and possibly a flare gun...it's awesome. Speeder and Enforcer are probably the 2 ships that can truly utilize it well. Fixer possibly because people love to rush them and take them out. Shooter...maybe in the higher mk's. Definitely no for the defender. Too slow.

8. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

That's about trading? This is about carronade, no?

9. BirdFly

BirdFly Member

With perk you can make carronade "really" good. Like "really".

10. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    This is my carronade. Does 122 damage a projectile. Carronades are strong if you got a lot of damage on it,

E.G Christmas' carronade does 200 per projectile, yet it stands at t4.
    Mines only t4 rare but does some damage. IMG_5405.PNG

11. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

Like I said you have to be in range to cause max damage, I've been in numerous fights where each team has 1 very good fixer and it's a shootout between each team from a far, having a carronade is taking up a slot. (70% of the time someone rushes mob they usually die fairly quickly) And I have faced off with carronade users, they usually get 1 good hit on me but if they stay to fight they usually die.

12. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Correct you,captain Perry don't use carronade,maybe u should be saying +sniper+(Name now \s/)

13. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Just wait till Christmas gets his t5 ://///

14. ManBearWiz

ManBearWiz New Member

Maybe I'm thinking of hunter zolomon. One of them top speeders use carronade I certain

15. ManBearWiz

ManBearWiz New Member

This is mordelin he is currently ranked 9 global. This should help you with your question. This is his YouTube channel.

16. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

I deleted my post, i think i copied the wrong link or was in the wrong thread.

17. Baraba$

Baraba$ Member

its powerful when maxed out with decent perks and when you unlock the 7th projectile.but it will conflict on your speeder's speed and mobility because of the crew swift

18. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

This is a good point and I'd like to know if Carronade users think it's well worth the trade off even if they use speeder. It's really difficult to close the gap with your opponent for a hit in the first place if you are dealing with a group. How do the top players deal with this? Do they mix speed in with carronade upgrades? As in they add all projectiles in but they trade off the 5% damage bonus for the speed perk, or does over boost more than make up for the lack of innate speed upgrades? Do you find yourself needing to stay in covfefe* more instead of speeding through open areas?

*I just wanted to use the most popular typo invented. Should there be anyone that doesn't speak English running this thread through a translator; "covfefe" replaced "cover". :>