1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

matchmaking isn’t fair at all

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by peaceful monkey, 12 Mar 2018.

?

Should captain level be included in matchmaking

1. Yes

35.0%
  2. No

65.0%
  1. peaceful monkey

peaceful monkey Active Member

No we wouldn’t even if we did they got their from skill not grinding all day

2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Here_we_go_again.jpg
    The "50% win rate" is not enforced by anything other than how an ELO/rating system works. Continuing to win puts you against progressively harder and harder opponents until you reach the limit of your gear or your skill.

Fiorell and _devill like this.
  3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    In other words, if you win a lot, you will get 1 or 2 shotted.

4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Ugly reality, yes. I've got a Mk2 in Master league and that sums it up pretty well - one Torpedo or two Blast/Explosive shots will put me under.

5. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. I didn't say rovio artificially made you win and lose to get to 50%, I just said that it's forced, and as you said by the ELO system. This system is supposed be fair and square, but let's face it, not many new players can tolerate being 1 shotted day in and out just and grind it out of the mk disparity. Their immediate perception after a couple of hours of playing is that : "This is an unfair game, heavily favoring pay2win players, ima uninstall this". Otherwise, have you ever wondered why a top notch game like battle bay isn't gaining much popularity? You can just look at clash royale and see the immediate difference.

6. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

:Yawn:

7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Ok that’s enough. Everyone we do need to take this topic into hand and your cries do need be heard. There are problems with matchmaking however no one has made a good post about it. I’ll make one right now.

8. peaceful monkey

peaceful monkey Active Member

Thank you man

9. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
  10. Alpha zod

Alpha zod New Member

By the way we lost

Attached Files:

11. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

That's not how I saw it. "Losing" was not the problem. The problem was in how it changed game play. Really, when you get down to it, being that defensive just isn't my idea of what a combat game is or ought to be. In the end, I just plowed through it. Once you get up to a well developed M4 the power differences start to get smaller and all the boats just cluster in around 1k-2k infamy. I would not, however, call the infamy & matchmaking systems an asset to this game. Rather, I'd say the game succeeds despite them.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I think matchmaking should include more things than just infamy or captain level.
    Matches vs a high infamy player plus 3 fixer or even, most common: 4 yellows and a fixer vs 4 red and a defender - it’s unbearable.

Think that ship types should be included also, but this is way more complex than we think it is.

13. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    I don’t care my infamy drop, as long as I still can go battle with my guild mates. My infamy drop from 26xx to 18xx nearly 17xx, I got 9 losing streaks, then a win, continue with 7 losing streaks, a win, then a lot of losing streaks. That’s made me unable to go battle with my guild mates anymore.

I would suggest to devs to remove the 800 infamy gap to be able to go battle with guild mates, My infamy drop isn’t because of I can’t play it, but caused by unmatched opponent.

14. White Wolve

White Wolve New Member

9B14764F-E295-4774-9100-5C67B2B416C3.png Look at the not so great matchmaking.....PLZ! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLZ MAKE MATCHMAKING SO ALL TEAMS HAVE A 50% chance of winning 9B14764F-E295-4774-9100-5C67B2B416C3.png

15. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I tried really hard but I couldn't see the
    imbalance on that match.

16. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Your "friends" were caught tanking (the last guy's league was master, he was matched against players of his league ;))

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is reasonable if infamy potential is used. For example, I've been fleeting with a guild mate daily for almost 6 months. In the past week I've had a bit of bad run and he has had a bit of a good run and now we're nearly 1000 infamy apart.... in 1 week. Did he instantly get dominant and I get super-weak? No.. fact is both our boats are stronger this week than last... It's just that infamy is that inaccurate, by about 500 I estimate. Not coincidentally I'm about 500 below my infamy from a week ago, and he is about 500 above. Next week we may be even again, but to pretend today's instant-infamy number is so accurate that we are no longer qualified to fleet is pure fallacy.

Ovidmikel likes this.