1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Devs? When are you going to buff us weak defenders?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jowiee, 13 Mar 2018.

1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Read title

_devill, FearsomeChicken2 and *JAWS* like this.
  2. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Doesnt seem to be a priority. Wish it was. In need of a major buff. Many multiple forum post on great ideas how to balance and buff the Defender boat. Community awaits the buff.

Real question is When?

@Miika @Zeus @The Grim Repair

Jowiee and FearsomeChicken2 like this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

4th duplicate thread FFS....:mad:

4. FearsomeChicken2

FearsomeChicken2 New Member

Well it took enfos half a year, so...

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I have mixed opinions about if Defenders should receive a buff.

On one hand, @*JAWS* is very convincing with his arguments about them being basically non-existent over 4.5-5k infamy. That is definitely something that needs to change.

On the other hand, there are a lot of very powerful Defenders at 3-4k infamy that wreck opposing teams by just driving straight at them. Pretty simple strategy for a boat that requires the least amount of user input. No offense.

Any major buff that would push Jaws and others into 5k+ range might make the 3-4k Defenders overpowered. I just ask that a major buff be well thought out and bounced off the community before being implemented.

I'd also love to just hear what the devs think about the status of the Defender. Maybe present us with some data and stats that we don't have access to. Cold, hard numbers are always the best argument.

6. FearsomeChicken2

FearsomeChicken2 New Member

What @Help I Cant Swim said. Even in our guild we have a few defenders rocking their solid builds within ace 1. Having said that, most defenders in ace 1 are still troubled by suicidal tendencies.

7. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Defenders need only a passive skill buff not more. They are boats of blue items so that problem should be solve with passives. Also i think defender should be slightly bigger, at least it must be able to be a living shield for teammates.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  8. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

We are bigger than you realize. We get hit by torps, cannon balls, missles and stun pulses that are very clearly wide of our ship by a margin. The hit box extends beyond the bounds of our models.

Either that or we are so fat we warp the space time continuum creating our own gravity well.

9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Defender gravity field OP, Rovio please nerf.

10. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Our boat is dumbed down and made for 3rd graders to easily hit it.
    This is suppossed to be a fighting game...
    My point to devs. With the Hit box being much larger than the actual boat. Why?

Do we really need to make it easier for torpedoes and mines, and every weapon on the bay to hit the Defender boat?

We now easily have legendary 2 thru Legendary 5 weapons. Putting out massive damage. They dont need to be easier to use.

Fix and shrink the hit box size to be exact to the ship and stop allowing phantom shots from every weapon to hit a defender boat.
    If you cant do this. Shrink the boat size by 10 percent.

Next up attribute or passive attributes of the ship. Turret, turn radius, defense points, hp. Speed. Buff it the same way enforcers got buffed in passive attributes.

Meta is factual. Defender is the least used nitemare boat. Enforcers before their buff, was used even more than Big blue.

Its time to fix this. Over 4+ forum post threads on this subject. Community has spoken. And given input after input on valuable fix ideas. We might not all share the same cure.
    But we all see a problem. Underused boat. Easy to hit. Imballanced with other nitemate boats.

A fix is neccessary. And should be a top priority. How many more players must quit the boat or the game? Till it happens?

Jaws
    @Miika

11. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Weak? Next time I come across a 12k defender with bandages and explosive cannons I'll remember how weak they are.

12. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Lol. No 12k defender has broken 4.2k ever.

Please do look at league standings. U will understand

Even further. No defender only at all regardless of h.p. 18k. Or 21k has even broken into top 25 in 6months.

Massive Hp. Doesnt make the boat. Weapons are stronger than the highest h.p figure you can muster.

3 total defenders made top 200 nitemare. Every other boat had at least 10 or more.

Please research meta. Its always there. Facts

Last edited: 13 Mar 2018
  13. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

I have still seeing some very powerful defenders and yes, you are one of them. Really i can't see the defenders so weak as all of you saying everytime. Just needed some passive skills buff but you are talking like defender has nothing right now. That’s wrong i am sure you too seeing some matches(not much i aggee) that defenders are carrying the whole team.

Blood Raven likes this.
  14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Anyone can point to any boat winning and carrying a battle.

Yes I am one of the strong ones.

Thanks.

Never broken 5.3k. Ever. There is a cap to highest infamy a Defender can go.

Every other ship in the bay has been top 10. And top 1. Speeder, enforcer, shooter and fixer. 8 months. NO Defender.

Please stop arguing community about us boats that are doing well with this limitation.

Its not enough. The boat is limited. We just make the best of it.

The boat isnt competitive with the other 5 boats. My stats prove this.

League data proves this.

Not circumstantial evidence. Concrete numbers. Meta data. Months on months.

Why do less players use this boat?

Why are the other boats easier to be number 1 in the game?

What makes this boat less playable?

Buff is the solution.

Jaws

15. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Maybe they're weak in nightmare league but I'm in Ace ii facing Ace i ships and they're certainly not weak.
    Considering how terrible the Devs have been at nerfing everything to address issues in nightmare I'd hate to see a Defender buff. The only thing worst than Defenders are fixers at Ace level.

16. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

They dont need to buff mk1 thru mk5. Its a mk6 and mk7 issue.

17. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    20k health! Us speeders need someone to follow into battle! And give Shooter some health too! However, to combat this health overload, boost all ships defense and hp. :)

18. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

No, no, no, no, no, no, and no. Shooters do not need a buff.

19. = Peachy =

= Peachy = Member

3D44FB23-C88E-40BD-BF88-84036A294FFF.jpeg 3D44FB23-C88E-40BD-BF88-84036A294FFF.jpeg
    This 12K big booty take me to nightmare and slightly above 4.2K back in October... =)
    but yes, I moved to speeder soon after because was so frustrating playing it in the middle of yellow ocean

Blood Raven likes this.
  20. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Check out my new post, how hp should be