1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Next Battle Button... ugh... I hate it... please fix

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by envylife, 12 Mar 2018.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The new feature to go to next battle is ok, but you have got to add message notifications back to the wait page. I'm getting tired of not knowing when quests are completed, when guildmates or fleetmates message me but I'm just sitting, waiting for the next battle, my fleetmate is not joining. What to do? Exit To Bay... see if there are messages, see if they unfleeted, see if they logged out. This new interface is beyond tedious. Did I say I hate it? Ok good. Please add notifications back to the waiting page.

2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

It does have the option to exit to bay. Yes, you do have to go back into the bay to check things but when you're just playing it saves so much time not having to.

Miathan likes this.
  3. envylife

I wouldn't call adding an extra button press much of an improvement, but it also has to be used. For example I called out a fleet several matches ago, and the guildmate is just jumping from match to match never knowing a fleet was requested at all. They always acknowledge it so the issue is the new UI. The idea is ok, but poorly implemented and really needs to be fixed.

4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I actually kind of agree with you. While I absolutely love the new next battle button when I'm playing solo, the notifications bar from the harbor should be visible while waiting in the queue.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I know this is kind of a rare occurrence, but I like to troll enemies by putting 3-4 mines below me and dancing over them. So when they try to "chum" me, they get a nasty surprise. I don't get that satisfaction anymore xD.

Why isn't the system such that the dialog box appears only when you press the exit button, otherwise you are on spectate by default?

PastelPiku likes this.
  6. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    you can just chat to your guild mate , how many battles both of you'll play , or do some agrement first like , battle as soon as the battle end ( die first , tap next battle )

EyesTv likes this.
  7. envylife

You can do everything you need to do... quick jump to next battles are the only good thing, but missing messages is not worth it. Want to continue watching after death? No action before, now it requires acknowledgement (blocking the action in the mean time). An extra action isn't a big deal, but missing fleet messages, missing chat messages, missing guild quest completion messages, not knowing if your fleetmate has left the fleet while you sit there on the waiting page, not knowing if your fleetmate ran off for a 5 minute break. Been there, done that.

The technical reason behind it is to avoid the delays pinging the server for all the status updates, which saves a moment between matches, so I get it. I understand why it was done... But they could have limited the server calls to relevant notifications between matches to PMs and guild messages (which includes quest completions) for the time optimization. That would cover everything you need between matches.

Shadow Moon! and PastelPiku like this.
  8. Seeker473

Seeker473 Member

When you die and leave to next match. Will you still get you points?

9. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

The update of selected guild quest/s should also be displayed on that screen in real time. Or rather the whole quest board selection in that screen to eliminate the need to check it back to see if completed.

And one complain. Vip's should be able to bypass this screen though (exit / spectate). Imagine you paid to get the ads out so you can play faster and yet you'll still be put on hold to wait for the match to finish. :mad:

If implemented this will attract more people to purchase VIP imo.

10. Captain_k_

Captain_k_ New Member

i'm too . It's wrong fixed .

11. envylife

Yes, you just don't get the 50% bonus for watching an Ad. If you are a VIP you get the 50% bonus even if you leave early.

Seeker473 likes this.
  12. Seeker473

Seeker473 Member

Thanks envy

13. envylife

Devs, any progress on this? It's really awkward to coordinate fleet requests with this omission.... affects me daily.

14. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

15. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

I'm 100% in agreement with this.

it's nice to be able to just do a run of battles, but then I exit to Bay after 20 or so to find out a guild mate had been in and left and we could have been fleeted had I only known.

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  16. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

I think in general, even before this change, the social environment of the game needed improvement. I notice that many of the small GUI issues are finally being addressed. Well, the social system is pretty important to keeping people engaged and engagement and emotional investment is what builds the core player base more than the game mechanics themselves. The game is more an excuse to be social and fill time, so strong core player base is what a game needs the most to be successful and have longevity. And you made this change (which was good) without addressing the impact to the social environment (which is bad).