1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

T5 Turbo or Big Shield first?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by envylife, 12 Mar 2018.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I have a T4 Rare Turbo and a T4 Epic Big Shield. I need 4 steps of training to get to T5 Turbo, and 6 steps to get to T5 Shield... which to focus on first?

I was going to do Turbo, but now leaning toward Big Shield.

2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’d go turbo. I think you’ll avoid more shots with the extra speed than you would absorb with the shields.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Definitely turbo. Getting in and out of position is more valuable than absorbing hits

FearsomeChicken and The Otherguy like this.
  4. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Turbo. Always turbo, always. Siempre

The Afenogaster likes this.
  5. envylife

You guys make it sound like I would be better off using a second turbo than a small shield in the mean time. MK6 Shooter, Small shield is 851 HP, second turbo maxes speed.

6. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    what's your infamy now ? i'm amk6 shooter too ,for the 4 point 3 slot blue point , i use Tier 3 epic big shield lv 27 , max T4 rare turbo and max T4 rare bandage .

Last edited: 13 Mar 2018
  7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

One turbo is enough. Training for turbo is cheaper than for big shield. Although if you are a Fire Bomb or Carronade user, that could affect the decision as well.

8. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Depends if u were speeder tier 4 rare is enough but since u r shooter I would go for turbo first as shooter and defender need all the speed to avoid mortar and firebomb spam.
    Criteria usually goes
    1. Turbo
    2. Health/weapons

9. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Turbo, speed is overpowered. Plus, I have a feeling that in the next update, they’re gonna buff turbo to make all ships move just as fast backwards as forwards! Just to increase ship agility all around!

10. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Depends on your turbo. Look at your current speed calculations. Then do your calculations with your max turbo stat. If increase is not greater than 0.1, it's not worth it. Upto + - 0.09 is basically negligible in the match thanks to waves.
    I've been testing my max speed defender against ships from 1.31 to 1.39 and they're all basically the same in real match.
    I don't know if you're yellow items or carronade user but training Brock gives more immediate value and monsterous hp compared to something that hardly makes much difference.

11. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

I tried both as a MK6 shooter...double turbo great (maxed out speed) but still not fast enough to avoid dmg of powerful weapons in upper Ace 1 and lower NML. Sticking to t4E turbo, big and standard shield until T5E bandage (plus training) is complete....

12. envylife

Here are actual numbers to ponder:

Rare Turbo T4-> T5 will take my speed from 1.25 to 1.32 with 4 training levels. Dual turbo takes me from 1.25 to 1.46 speed (Max Shooter).
    Epic Big Shield T4->T5 will take me from 1944 to 2209 HP (+263 HP), with 6 training levels.
    Rare Small Shield T3->T5 will take me from 851->1038 (+187 HP), with 6 training levels + 3 more shields.
    Rare Bandage T5 will get me to +88HP, with 8 levels of Sinklair training.

No clear winner here, but am leaning toward Brock training with dual turbo. There are no other speed improvements in the training tree. I've been testing dual turbo and it does help me more easily avoid torps and mortar showers, and considering most of them commonly hit as hard as my T3 rare small shield protects (+851), it is likely a net positive. RNG has only given me a single epic 1-slot blue item (turbo) otherwise that may provide real alternatives.