1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

In game ping for players in India is a joke

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Crashedup, 8 Mar 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YT_GaMeRAchuLes

YT_GaMeRAchuLes New Member

From Computer.. Phone (Wifi And Data)

Attached Files:

2. Kane

Kane New Member

3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Your computer seems to have about half the latency to US-East as your phone does. Normally I would say this points to WiFi interference (microwaves, crowded airspace) - have you tried changing the channel on your access point if it's a crowded area?

4. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Well they should consider it since the indian player base has increased in number and is constantly increasing. Infact i see mostly US players or indian players everywhere in the game and if US people are getting good ping why not us? I cant tell u how much the game has started lagging and i believe most indian players will leave the game once they got to know that it isnt their phone but the servers that are creating lag. Also it creates unequal environment for players around the world.

Crashedup likes this.
  5. YT_GaMeRAchuLes

YT_GaMeRAchuLes New Member

Not much difference.

Crashedup likes this.
  6. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

So from what i understand from ur post the mmo games restrict the player ( to regional server) according to his region just because they don't want servers of any region to be overloaded or increase its data traffic since they have such a huge player base but battle bay doesn't have that huge of a player base.
    What I understand is they didn't except the player base from Asia alone to be that huge which leads a large population to hit limited servers which causes high data traffic hence high ping if they roll out some new servers for Asia so that everyone doesn't hit same servers and load is balanced then data traffic will be reduced hence better ping for us. There will not be any need to lock player via specific region

7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

It's a trade-off. If you have one giant server farm as Battle Bay does, then players all over the world can compete with and against each other, but some of them will have a latency disadvantage. EVE Online does this as well, but it is a less latency-sensitive game. If you have multiple smaller farms in each region, players are divided by region but each have a good experience playing in their own sandbox.

Probably not. I'm not a Rovio employee so I can't tell you what meetings went on beforehand or right now to look at player count by region.

I'm also going to pull out the bolded part there - high traffic does not mean high ping. If you have high traffic, you get a bigger pipe and faster servers to handle them. High ping is a result of the length of time it takes a packet to go from your phone in India, through the network switches and routers across the Atlantic Ocean, and over to the US-East datacenter. Gigabits a second can move in and out, but there is a delay.

If Rovio opts to roll out new servers for Asia and the EU, and divide the player base, then each individual region would have better performance - but you would only be able to play with other players in India/Oceania/SEA region most likely. Same for EU players - they would have to decide "do I stay on the NA server with my friends, or do I migrate to the EU one for better ping?"

8. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

This means US people will always have advantage over us like they do now. This also means its a violation of rovio's fair play policy and they should include a clause for asian players that says "hey peeps sorry but you are always going to be dominated by players of other countries which are closer to our server". You know what before this update i dont use to get this much lag and i almost touched 3k infamy with my mk5's and t4 rare gears fighting against people with mk6 and t4 epics and t2 legendaries. This was fun for me because i could actually use my skill against those high power duds but now i have same weapons and could not achieve much infamy because of lags and 70% of time my shots not counting. Sometimes torps hit me out of nowhere and sometimes group of ship appears suddenly and roast me to death. Now tell me how am i supposed to play or should i just quit the game which i love so much and invested so much of my time into. I am just hanging on a thread here.....ready to fall any moment

Crashedup and H.A.D.E.S like this.
  9. Crashedup

@Miika @The Grim Repair any comments on this issue?
    This a huge problem for a large amount of you player base atleast give us a reply it's been two days since we posted this thread.
    Let us know the problem you are facing tackling this issue

10. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Same is happening with me.
    1. It takes almost 30 seconds to load into Battle after team is matched and when I get in, Battle is already going on.
    2. A torp came out directly through the opposite side where enemies we're and I couldn't see it till it hit me.
    3. When I checked the ping, it was 800.
    4. I was facing a lot of lag and frame drops while I was in battle.
    No matter what, the best is given to US players.....No satisfaction for rest of the players all over the world.
    I hope you are reading this @Miika @Zeus .
    Or else we Indians will be forced to leave this game.

Sh@rp shooter likes this.
  11. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    It's not just happening in India but all over the world. This game, still yet to breach 1 year of global launch has "ms" problems in certain areas in our world. This is a disadvantage for all players with this issue, and having bad ping especially in a real time server game cannot be allowed.

12. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey guys - it’s fairly simple - the further you are from the server the more likely you’ll get high ping and lag etc.

Server is in the US.

There’s not much we can “solve” here as that’s just how tech works.

@ceffeinatedChris already explained the details.

We are not currently planning to divide the player base.

13. Crashedup

Good to know that your thoughts on such an important issue is screw you we couldn't care about you less

Last edited: 10 Mar 2018
  14. Pratik

Pratik Member

Mobile Legends gives 30ms ping its good not to waste time here bc there not planing for separate player base

Crashedup likes this.
  15. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    This will happen no matter what the devs do to try and fix this. Because battle bay is global, expect delays and problems to happen.

16. Crashedup

That will not happen if they seperate the player base.

17. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I get a ping of 250 when I am on WiFi, and around 350 when I'm on 4g network. And for An online game with such action , to have this much ping is f****d up.. Hope they introduce a server in India soon:rolleyes:

18. Crashedup

They have to divide the player region based as quoted by caffeinated Chris to fix this problem but they don't plan to do that anytime soon.
    So yeah we will continue to get such f***** up pings read the comment of grim repair above she replies for devs

19. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Wow.. I guess we just have to deal with it then.. damn..:oops: I suggested this game to my friend's and they wouldn't play this game just because of such high ping..

I mean if my phone gets a little bit heated.. the game lags like crazy because of such high ping.. I have 6 GB ram by the way ,and have no problem in playing any other HD games in my phone except Battle Bay :-* And I didn't expect this from ROVIO =_=

20. mani5396

mani5396 Member

Totally agreed! The same thing happens with me while I'm having great WiFi speed. Problem is in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.