1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

In game ping for players in India is a joke

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Crashedup, 8 Mar 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

So I inquired a lot of Indian players ( spread all over the country) about their in-game ping(on an average) and Thier WiFi speed connection.
    Most people has ping varying from 350-650ms on WiFi speed connection ranging from 2-50 Mbps.
    The ping that Indian players get is about 6-8 times worse than an average players all over the world.
    This causes us constantly to miss shots, having spotted by enemy seconds before we can see them which costs us a lot of health especially in maps like wayward pains dmg depot or chill zone.
    Pls fix this issue.
    Roll out new servers for Indian players or some other methods but pls fix this issue.
    Sincerely
    Failsafe

Last edited: 8 Mar 2018
  2. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

That's true, I don't have wifi but I use my mobile data and it's 4G giving me average speed of 600kbps (max 1-2mbps).
    Though I still get a ping of 300-600, and I have experienced a maximum ping of 1500, which makes the game unplayable.
    If we look at the players living in USA, UK, Canada n more, their average ping is below 100.
    I Hope that the Developers do something to fix this problem.

Crashedup likes this.
  3. YT_GaMeRAchuLes

YT_GaMeRAchuLes New Member

Indeed a huge problem nowadays.
    HIghest ping was over 10k for about a day or two every month I suppose which is not Fair at all.
    We also want to play all day like all other players but for that, we need good ping.

Crashedup and H.A.D.E.S like this.
  4. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

I cant write more about it.....the thing is devs dont realise how much indian players contribute to the game and has been silent on the issue.....not even mvp's or co ordinators are replying on it. I have already reduced the gaming hours on this game and if this issue is not going to be resolved fast then i am planning on deleting it for good.

The Otherguy and Crashedup like this.
  5. Proton

Proton New Member

STUDENT
    I get About 2k Ping Sometimes Once I got 5k Ping Idk why my Wifi speed is good and I have a good device too It lags too much that's why i play only 1 hour a week I tried on data too same problemo We need A server in India or Some Solution would really Help us a lot.Hope you listen to us Devs

Crashedup likes this.
  6. YT_GaMeRAchuLes

That's the issue cause of which players are leaving or getting irritated.

Crashedup likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Thing is, it's not Rovio's fault. It's the fault of our network. I get a consistent 200-300 ping, and I still don't miss much. I'm in Agashi, it happens to be a pretty small town.

8. YT_GaMeRAchuLes

How it's our fault cause with the same speed and connection all other games work properly but only this game is costing the issue.
    So who's fault it is then?

Crashedup likes this.
  9. Crashedup

Ping depends a lot on distance of player from server.
    And 10-50 Mbps are a dang good speed.
    ( See I asked a lot of players about Thier AVG ping ).
    If servers are close by ping won't be that bad unless ur net connection is way too slow

10. Sh@rp shooter

How can it be a fault of our network bro.....i use to play 1080 p videos on yt without buffer on my phone or more relevantly i play vainglory and nova 3 without a single lag.

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Basically, from what I heard when I made this query a few months ago, it's a network issue.
    However, I'll be linking this thread for the devs to see, but you'll prolly get the same answer I gave.

12. YT_GaMeRAchuLes

So we have to deal with this until n unless we leave it. Is that fair?

13. Sh@rp shooter

U do that buddy.....let them answer on this and then i will show them proof of my netspeed and their game laggging on my phone

Crashedup likes this.
  14. Crashedup

Zeus already saw it let's see what he replies

YT_GaMeRAchuLes likes this.
  15. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Can you go to CloudPing (http://www.cloudping.info/) and post your results?

Bandwidth has very little to do with latency, and if there's bad peering between your ISP and the datacenters where the Battle Bay servers are, there isn't anything that the developers can do about that.

16. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

My ping is 250ms on WiFi and 350 on mobile data but sometimes it feels like my mobile data is better than wifi. Of course that was after my friends started playing battle bay on same wifi. :p

Overall it's good as I have no idea how it feels like to have 10-20ms ping. I might not even be able to play if I get that good ping now. :D

Crashedup likes this.
  17. LEONARDO' THE VINCI'

LEONARDO' THE VINCI' New Member

Yes, Developers, it is a huge problem, as many times our shoot doesn't count.
    Please, fix it

Crashedup likes this.
  18. Crashedup

Screenshot_20180308-200634.png
    Here it is and what do you mean devs can't do anything about it they can roll out new servers us has 5 servers whereas Asia also has the same no of servers and it is a huge region.
    Is player satisfaction a thing that rovio doesn't concern itself with?
    Or do Asian players don't pay that much

19. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

IMG_20180308_202046.JPG

Crashedup likes this.
  20. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Unlike NOVA 3, Vainglory, and other games, Battle Bay is not divided into "game regions" - players from anywhere in the world can play with each other. Other titles have regional (NA/EU/SEA) servers, but players cannot play across regions - you would only be able to play with and against players in the same region as you, and your account might not sync across them either if you take something like the Blizzard titles as an example.

That was a design decision when the game was programmed - Rovio opted not to split the player base. Perhaps with a large enough population in each area they would consider splitting regions, but that's not a decision to be taken lightly. I can direct them to this thread though as perhaps evidence that it might be time to consider it.

TheAntiSnipe and Sh@rp shooter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.