1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Powercell Fiasco

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by jSwtch, 6 Mar 2018.

1. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

Powercells do present an interesting in game mechanic, and they add more complexity to the item system. However the numbers are way off, I hope this is addressed soon.
    A) Increase all powercell requirements for evolution [50x, 20x,10x,5x, 2x] and DECREASE the parts requirement for all upgrades
    B) Allow powercells to be traded in for pieces/parts

2. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

Not sure about epic cells, now i need them more then ever, as a ftp

Babablacksheep and Zachiderp like this.
  3. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Highly disagree with your idea because there is no way of buying powercells alone so they are distributed unequally among players. Ontop of that, players will faster reach a point at which they cannot upgrade an item due to lack of powercells since upgrading has been made easier.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

What in the world would prompt you to want to increase the power cell requirement? Lack of power cells becomes the most *brutal* game wall in BB when you run out of them... took me 2 months to get past a rare cell shortage. When you need them the acquisition costs are extraordinary, hands down more than anything else in the game. Exacerbate that situation and I guarantee I will quit the game.

5. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

I am free to play and have a huge excess of powercells: 13000 uncommon, 6000 common, 800 rare, 350 epic, and 49 legend
    I am level 36 @ 3100 infamy and have been playing for about 6 months. There are many people I have talked to in game in similar situations.

6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

And yet here I am, F2P, level 31. I have 32 rare cells so I'm going to need to start farming them which I"m pretty sure involved leveling green stuff up to T3 and scrapping it.

7. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

You can spend 5 million gold and get over 50 cells.
    Scrapping commons is the best to get cells of any type.

Jerbears likes this.
  8. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

SO it's the same drill as you use to get rare parts... buy bunches of C1 stuff and scrap it? That's refreshing. Their "approved" method seems brutal.

9. envylife

Yea...4.5 million gold per item for T4-T5 rare evolution in addition to all the gold, parts, and duplicate item costs... cheap!

10. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Weird. I never had a shortage in power cells. I never knew there is actually some players with shortage lol

11. Miku Da Yo 39

That's not expensive at all. You must not play alot, you can get at least a million gold everyday from quests and playing normally, not to mention the raffle.

12. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

I'd prefer they leave as is for evolution, but add other options for those with excess. Either being able to create perks (random, same as combining pieces), combine them into pieces of same rarity, or "scrap" them into parts.

Make them useful to those with a massive overflow and make them less annoying to get from raffles.

13. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I see posts about powercells from time to time. In fact I had a shortage before someone told me I should buy common items from shop and scrap instead of buying common/uncommon parts from shop. That basically solved all my powercell problems, not to mention I have acquired 3 Legendary parts from scrapping all those commons! You also complete a variety of achievements.. If there was one tip I could have had when I started, it would be that ^^

14. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    What is the item piece rate? I really want item pieces

15. Miku Da Yo 39

Often same as market price 65k gold per rare item piece. Sometimes you get way more for the same price.

16. envylife

I think that most of you that didn't have an issue with rare cells for a couple reasons
    1) you delayed going to T5 for many levels beyond where you could have.
    2) you jumped to epics early, typically before you have enough dups to exceed the rare equivalents that ar easy to get
    3) you only focus on a few items, scrapping everything else

Evolving to rare T5 is where I got pinched because it requires LOTS of cells. I had T5 training done, at least 5 T4 items waiting to go w/dups... an immediate need of 200 rare power cells. My inventory was filled up with duplicates, and no power cells (used to get them to T4). The normal BB giving rate is 2 per day, which as you can guess, would take over 3 months. I scrapped 1000 common items above and beyond that which netted me around 50 additional, but that was just tedious\, so I blew that off. It ultimately took me 3 months before that block was relieved, and I hated it every day. 2 months later I have 171 rare cells and the delay is training, which is fine, but I have enough T4 rares+dups to burn them all... because I still haven't the epic equivalents to surpass any but 1 of my rares.

No issues with power cells at any other level... I even have 51 worthless legendary cells for the dups I'll never receive. It's a game balancing issue that if implemented well, would affect most players at some point, at all rarity levels, but reality is far from that,

17. Miku Da Yo 39

I cannot believe you blew off scrapping commons because it's tedious and ended up waiting the 3 months. Come on man. Don't buy parts and stuff from shop just scrap scrap SCRAP

18. envylife

It boils down to this: I'd rather play the game than scrap. The UI flow for scrapping is atrocious, and early on it cost me an epic missile trying to go quick.. something that took me 5 months to get back. If mass scrapping was supposed to be an integral part of the game they need to make the UI more useful.

Also parts never were easy to come by, and you need LOTS of them to level up 41-50 so I was bottlenecked by parts anyway. Unless I'm mistaken, common scrapping doesn't result in many rare parts, which are the ones I'm always out of, whether it's for rare or epic leveling. What is the cheapest way to get rare parts outside of the market?

19. Miku Da Yo 39

You get epic and leg pieces from scrapping commons, I get 2-4 leg pieces a month from scrapping commons. There was one time I got 2 leg pieces the same day from scrapping. No you don't get many rare parts for scrapping commons, but you get a shit ton of rare pieces u can combine and get items u can use or scrap. Not as efficient as buying parts from shop but the fact that you can get epic and leg pieces makes up for it. If I ever have free gold, I scrap commons.

20. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

2-4 legs pieces a month do share your stats about how many commons you scrap on an avg a month