1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

defender needs a buff?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by HairySpeeder, 5 Mar 2018.

1. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

As you can see in the leaderboards, enforcers are absolutely dominating. Just like speeders did before their HP got nerfed a little bit.
    Almost no defenders or fixers in top 50.

Maybe u should slow those enforcers? Reduce some HP? Or just rework Tesla shields somehow

Make something happen, when I play enforcer I'm about 800 infamy higher than my defender infamy. Right now I'm playing defender and I'm on 2.9k. Once I play enforcer I can easily hold 3.6k. I don't get it though. I don't even like enforcer, and still I'm so much better on it than defender. Pretty sad if u ask me.

Shadow Moon!, Jowiee, Ian and 2 others like this.
  2. WaveRider_

WaveRider_ Member

i use enforcers all the time, and they are sort of the same speed as defenders anyways.
    they should be close range fighters, hence the fast turret speed
    tesla shields are crap enough
    same with frost weapons (rip i loved those)
    tesla bolts, ------- yes they are way too op in 1v1 battles
    idk enforcers are confusing. i like using it tho. im pretty sure the developers didnt even intend people to use turbos on it... more a tanky sorta thing.
    only not as tanky as a defender because of tesla shields and tesla bolts, which are like more hp anyway.
    i cant see anything being nerfed...

there is a fixer near top btw

i just think defenders should get more hp for lols mainly, but also beccause they depend too much on you putting on shields.
    they r the crappest at the moment. but with a turbo, they are good to go with speed. speed is fine.

HairySpeeder likes this.
  3. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

think so too about the defenders atm, really crap ship, give more hp or something.

*JAWS* likes this.
  4. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Enforcers are fine, they were the weakest ship before the buff, and now they are skyrocketing in popularity just because speeders got their tesla bolts nerfed. Hence speeder players made a quick switch to enforcers.

Defenders' hp is actually fine, but you know why they still die so fast? Because the boat has such slow forward and backwards acceleration, together with the huge hit box makes them a sure hit target for all weapons and free points for shooters to have high end game score.

Buff the acceleration of the defender so they can do some dancing, not half as good as enfo but at least let the defender evade some shots. Then you will see enfos getting countered by the presence of more defenders naturally. Problem solved.

5. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Hate to disagree but enfo is balanced Imo or we could say most balanced ship than a speeder since Tesla bolt and EC nerfs came in. Speeders were wrecked with that nerf which makes it feel like enfo is OP. Previously it was speeder now it's enfo.

Also Tesla shields and enfo are two completely different aspects so we can't judge one by the other even if they go together most of the time in current meta. Enfo feels OP cos there is no boat other than a shooter maybe which can take it on or so we think. So nope. No nerfs. Not anymore please.

Think about buff. Buff is good.:)

6. WaveRider_

WaveRider_ Member

lol just a bunch of people who like eforcers responded (like me)
    i wanna hear an anti enforcer

7. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Speeder main here. Never did use enfo much. Maybe 10-20 odd battles (pre-nerf) and a lot of custom ones for fun. :p

8. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

No nerf for Enforcer needed. A nerf in enforcer stats would just make a non-double Tesla Shield Enforcer useless. Another nerf in Tesla Shield would make both Enfo and Speeder useless.

If something regarding Enfos is needed, i'm not sure about this need, is to balance Double Tesla users. Balance, not fatality nerfing, since double Tesla Shield must be always an option. Some people have posted in so many similar threads that a higher diversity in setups is needed in order to counter Tesla Shield. I agree. I also agree that it must be a buff on Defender and some rebalance on other items like T.Bolt.

Nerfing Enfo and every single TS can't be an option. :mad:

PS: At least 10 Threads about the same concern in less than a month. Why spamming new threads about the same topic instead of bumping old ones? In fact there are already some ideas there. Go check ;)

9. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Nerf? No, thanks. The words 'overused' and 'skilled' doesn't mean 'overpowered'.
    Regarding Tesla Shield, the cooldown is 20 sec, low duration in the mid-game, what the hell do you want?

Go play Candy Crush.

10. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

i will clos

So you think it's fine that 60% of the top 50 Are enforcers? Shouldn't a balanced game come closer to 20/20/20/20/20?

Don't be such a douche. If you're not putting anything constructive here you can also stop it.

11. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

I agree with defender buff but never enfo nerf and Tesla shield nerf.

12. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Ok. First of all, your thinking is fair, but not real. You can’t tell everyone to stop playing their ship and jump to shooter because for you everyone has to be 20/20/20/20/20. I’m not in the top 50, same as the 98% of players like me. So don’t ask for a enfo nerf by only watching top 50. Those players are there because skills + money and most of them are older players, not because enforcer.

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Excuse me here, I'm just gonna say something.

Devs. I was once, a long time ago, a defender player. I switched to shooter since defender was weak. This was in my mk4 days. Soon, shooter began to feel clunky, even with the epic turbo that RNGesus had so graciously provided.

So I became a speeder. It was a decision I have never come to regret. But slowly. You peeps started nerfing it. One by one, you nerfed every combo I ever had plans for. Frost. Incendiary. Duellist with excannon.

I've scrapped rare t4s in the past, just because of a few people who only cared about nerfing the Top 50. These people are irresponsible(including the OP, I'm sorry to say) in thinking that they can just nerf out of emotion.

Now I'm an enforcer. Spent a TON of resources I had originally intended for use on my speeder mk6 setup to build a rare t3 tesshield. And now. These people all going, "OMG nerf enfo!!!"

It ain't that simple. You nerf enfo as a whole, you're gonna kill it. You nerf tesshields as a whole, you're gonna kill them as well. God knows we yellow F2P boats have suffered enough. Nerf by talent trees and nothing else.

This is my final position on the matter.

14. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Every day, players are still getting destroyed by speeders with Tesla bolt, flare gun, ex cannon and Tesla shield.
    Everyday players still getting destroyed by enforcers with double Tesla shields.
    Everyday players still getting destroyed by defenders with flare and double ex cannons.

Did the weapons get nerfed? Yes!
    Are they dead? No
    Are they still popular? Yes
    Are people mad? Yes!
    Do the items suck now? No!
    Do people somehow still manage to kick ass with these supposedly nerfed to death items? YES!

TL:DR With the exception of Frost Blaster, nothing is "dead". If you can't win as easily, just get food, uh I mean good.

Ian, LimeOnMars, Earel and 3 others like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

My issue is with the fact that just adjusting talents would have been a perfectly effective nerf to these items, without ruining them.

Edited to add:
    Frost died

Incendiary got a damage nerf, I still use it tho

Excannon just messed up the rhythm. I mean, lol wut? TWO seconds more! That in itself is just... Jeez

And enfo? The sort of nerfs I hear about, are just... *Beep*. You wanna nerf endgame enfo? Just nerf the damn talents.

Zachiderp likes this.
  16. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Is there a "nerf shooter" thread?

LimeOnMars and SrammVII like this.
  17. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

rather than constantly nerfing, buff everything else to be just as viable. We've seen how conservative rovio is with buffs but how brutal they are with nerfs. Speeders, frost, tesla shield, repair pulse self healing? Do we really want to make enforcer worse than it already was before the buff like frost? And you're being completely inconsiderate of the players below your infamy. Enforcer at my infamy isn't as near as popular as the shooter for example

18. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I think we should be lucky that only frost torp is "dead".

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

ok im sorry, i got to admit this post should be more related to how bad defenders are in the meta. theyre not completely dead, but almost. i apologize for shooting my hate directly into enforcers face. ship is actually somewhat fine, just gotta push some other ships so its more even in my opinion.

TheAntiSnipe, Zachiderp and _devill like this.
  20. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

I just changed the title to , defender needs a buff? hope its fine now, most people agreed on this. :) sry for all the enfo hate

Zachiderp likes this.