1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for farming Epic parts?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FirnenAhead, 5 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Hey I'm needing some advice. I'm at the point a F2P starts getting enough duplicates to build up T4 epic items. Fortunately I've already upgraded my Big Shield and my Carronade, but I just got my 4th epic Turbo and I'm pretty sure (I'm really looking forward for it) I'll get my 4th Epic TS soon. However I have currently only 400 epic parts, not even enough to get my Turbo to lvl 31. I have some epic items I haven't upgraded because I don't use them (4 TBolts, the 2 Nitros I could use to upgrade to T5, T3 Firebomb, T2 Napalm...)

I really need to start farming epic parts or I'll start scrapping some valuable epic items. Is the store the only way to get epic parts? When should I buy those parts? Time to scrap?

2. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

Many people say don't scrap epics. I have scrapped well over half, some I regret - most I don't. I also didn't upgrade any epics until I had 3k parts saved. I do not recommend saving epics for items you are not crazy about. I also level things up in waves -> get all epics to level 20, and rares to level thirty, and so on.

Upgrade epics as your top choice (be picky)
    Rares for second tier items.
    Legends are great for second tier items, and for guild quest crushing -> unless you are going tier 3.

FirnenAhead likes this.
  3. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    I've always scrapped unwanted epics and thats one of the reasons am never short of epic parts.
    So i suggest, you scrap those epics that you dont use in your usual setup or the ones not belonging to the final setup you want.
    Its better to focus on some items until you get a maxed out t5 epic setup and then you can again start collecting and keeping other epics you desire to try.
    Also buy the 25,50 epic part packages if you dont play much, if you do, buy all.

4. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

What if you scarp a epic and then get multiple dupes for that. No weapon is bad enough in this game.

5. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    Depends on what kind of player you are, whether you like to collect selectives only or go collecting whatever you get. Am of the first type, and scrap all epics apart from rails/explos/snipers/turbos/shields/t-bolts. This selectiveness has helped me a lot in gaining parts which is why my suggestion goes here.
    Firnen said he has some epic items he didnt upgrade and doesn't use often, similar cases arise when you keep dupes of every other thing and wait to upgrade and later find yourself without parts. Also it takes up many inventory slots this way. (And all this is for f2p)
    And getting multiple epic dupes for an f2p is either a high time consuming thing or a very lucky thing. (Thats where RNJesus comes in)

6. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Seriously, getting epic to lvl 20 isn’t hard. The hard part is lvl30- when each level is 70+ epic parts (50 in the shop is 605k). My advice is to buy the 15, 30 and 50 parts from store, complete daily bonuses, since they often give 20 parts, and try the raffle. 5 and 10 parts aren’t that good, but always try to buy the 50 parts.

As for scrapping, i don’t do it. Ever since i fused/ scrapped some of the items that i would now have t5 epic, i have kept all epics. But if you don’t use it, it’s maybe worth the 46 parts.
    It’s just a matter of patience. My epic blast from 31-40 took about 2-3 weeks.

7. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    1. Have a good guild

By far one of the best strategies to farm up parts is having a very active guild. Save up your tokens and then burn it all off on the raffle. I do this with 200k tokens and rack up about 300 - 500 parts everytime and it's good for leveling up. Just remember you also need to put in effort to stay in an active guild. Doing this method for a while really helps in the long run.

2. Save up your epic parts

If you save up your epic parts then it will be easier to level up your epic weapons. Don't swap out your rare gear until your epics are more significant than your rares. Also, use your rares as the time you save up your epic parts as well as waiting for epic duplicates.

These two strategies helped me get my T4 Epic Blast from 31 - 40, my T4 Epic Stun from 31 - 40 and my T5 Epic Bandage from 41 - 50. Give it a try!

8. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses and the good vibes, guys :)

Snapshot, Gnu and Blood Raven like this.
  9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I do most of the suggestions above except the epic scrapping part, and there just aren't enough epic parts available.
    • Half the market refreshes have any epic parts, and if they do they tend to be the 5 or 10 variety which seems pointless.
    • I see a 25 from the market once a day, and a 50 every 2-3 days, but even a T2 epic requires 50+ parts per level
    • it's taking well over a day to get enough parts to go up a single level on a single item and 30 levels of increasing part requirements starts to sound like an infinity.
    • While Scrapping each epic gives 46 parts, I hardly see a new epic item but a couple times a week if I'm lucky. That's a worse acquisition rate than the market.
    • Guild rewards seem to be the best supplement, but even that has diminished with this new matchmaking which punishes active guilds.
    • My last container was only good for 5 epic parts, so that's out
    • scrapping of common/uncommon/rare produce very minimal epic parts relative to the expense so I also don't think that's a viable path.
    The progression system in this game is pretty bad. I feel like I'm going to be at a stalemate for about 2 months at this point, similar to my stalemate with rare power cells late last year, which also took 2 months of acquiring enough cells to upgrade everything I had ready to go.. and here we are again.

*JAWS* likes this.